Team Fortress 2 ARG Introduces Gray Mann

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
thenumberthirteen said:
Wow. That comic is cool. I wonder whether we can harness the power of ARGs to aid the world. Maybe next time Valve can make an ARG where you have to mow my lawn to get a clue.
You may wanna see this

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Scarecrow 8 said:
kajinking said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
Whoa...I think in this situation, only one thing can be said.

Ha ha! Beat ya to it! Post 10
Ah, but you failed to embed and spoil the video. So I consider my post more vaild than just a single link, no offence.
None taken, how do you do that anyway? I don't post videos often enough to have learned how to do anything other than link.

To be more on subject I'm glad I'm not the only one to think about that scene the second they read things were going to finally be heating up on TF2 with inclusion of a 3rd faction. I just can't believe what started all those years ago as a mindless storyless shooter I could barely run on my crappy PC has turned into something with a plot twist that I'm actually interested in. How the hell does TF2 have a more engaging story than BF3 or Saints Row 3?! I actually had goosebumps when I saw that MANN Vs. Machine video and thought back to all the fuss of the engineer update and all the wild theories people had about the robot head back then and how I thought at the time it was a mere prop to clutter up the background and make the video look better.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
kajinking said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
kajinking said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
Whoa...I think in this situation, only one thing can be said.

Ha ha! Beat ya to it! Post 10
Ah, but you failed to embed and spoil the video. So I consider my post more vaild than just a single link, no offence.
None taken, how do you do that anyway? I don't post videos often enough to have learned how to do anything other than link. Snip snip snip...
It's easy. Just write "[spoiler ]whatever you want[/spoiler ]". For videos, it's just "[ youtube= copy and past the numbers at the end of a video's URL ]". Just take out the spaces I put in. Hope that helps.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
So it was leading up to the "Mann vs. Machine" update? Shit didn't just get real... *puts on sunglasses* ...shit just got artificial.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
DaxStrife said:
So it was leading up to the "Mann vs. Machine" update? Shit didn't just get real... *puts on sunglasses* ...shit just got artificial.

Shit has been going on for TWO YEARS.

There aint no time.

Like VALVE time.

Also, user group! yee haw!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Mann-Vs-Machine

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
Vkmies said:
Why is it that every time Valve does something cool, I start hoping it somehow turns out to be a reveal of HL3.

.....please turn out to be the reveal of HL3.......
you all know its a build up for their new game hat fortress like tf2 but with 90% more hats

Dr. Thrax

Dec 5, 2011
Inbar Fink said:
My theory that he owns SpyTech (he said he has his own company, that he bulid himself - unlike his brothers).
This seems to be quite the popular theory, though there is a sub-front of Blu called "Gray's Gravel Co." which Gray Mann may or may not have a hand in.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Vkmies said:
Why is it that every time Valve does something cool, I start hoping it somehow turns out to be a reveal of HL3.

Grey Mann, G Mann not enough for you? XD

Source 2.0, Source Filmmaker still not enough?

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

[sub][sub] Oh right, the game. [/sub][/sub]

The

Jan 24, 2012
http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/machines/

I'll just leave this here.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Vkmies said:

Nope, just the single, most epic Gamemode to be released for TF2 after the failure that was Pyromania.

This is Gabe's face whenever people think a reveal is Half-Life 3.

I'm... I'm sorry it wasn't this time... Could you enjoy this instead? Its been in development for two years and I really want people to like it....

The said:
http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/machines/

I'll just leave this here.
I was going to do the same thing but I am laughing at several of the, very silly Half-Life fanboys. Valve are not so big of dicks that they would hide games in other games, OK? If its TF2 its fucking TF2, not Half-Life.

Tono Makt said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
"When suddenly...." *EAGLE ATTACK!*

This should be a part of every story, ever.
Yes.

Yes it should.
I love you Edward, and I want to be a vampire. No Bella, we are not meant to be and I don't want you to be a monster and I honestly am a stone cold prick, why do you lo-*EAGLE ATTACK!*

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
That comic is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time, and I've read quite a lot of dumb shit. I am sorry, but I am just not that much into Team Fortress and it's 'lore' (and I use the term loosely) to give a crap about this.

I've enjoyed Half-Life 1 and 2, and also both iterations of Portal, but I am not willing to join the Valve cult like the rest of you zealots. Enjoy your ARG, I will see what happens when it happens.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
The Human Torch said:
That comic is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time, and I've read quite a lot of dumb shit. I am sorry, but I am just not that much into Team Fortress and it's 'lore' (and I use the term loosely) to give a crap about this.

I've enjoyed Half-Life 1 and 2, and also both iterations of Portal, but I am not willing to join the Valve cult like the rest of you zealots. Enjoy your ARG, I will see what happens when it happens.
Thanks for explaining your position. Otheriwse we zealots would have to crucify you and your PC.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
bafrali said:
The Human Torch said:

Thanks for explaining your position. Otheriwse we zealots would have to crucify you and your PC.
Yeah, yeah. I get it, don't worry. I know that making a negative post about Valve is probably on the list of forbidden sins, but I don't want to keep you guys from having your ARG fun.

Enjoy the scavenger hunt, enjoy the outcome, I just wanted to let you know what my stance is on the whole thing. With that, I bid you adieu.

royohz

Official punching bag!
Jul 23, 2009
I really hope that there will be enemy Engineers in the new game mode for the sole reason of an opportunity for me to make this reference: "Machines making machines? How perverse."

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Damn...I need to get back to TF2 and see what the phrack is going on.

I will say this though...

A third team...that's GRAY? Why does this seem...

...familiar...? [http://comics-scans.livejournal.com/111999.html]