Team Fortress 2: Soldier Beats Demoman

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Thomas-101 said:
I am actually that the Soldiers got the boots because when I do play as soldier I rocket jump quite a lot. If the domoman got the same prize It would have almost been completely useless to me.
Sticky jumping always seems to hurt much more then rocket jumping, at least when I do it (granted, you can go much further). Those boots would have been pretty sweet for the ability to do more then 2 sticky jumps without needing health.

But I'm not one to talk as I didn't get a chance to fight in the war at all. :(

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
I rarely play as soldier (and even lost a life in the war) but I do play it more often than Demoman (almost none) so I'm glad soldier won. Has Pyro or Medic had a big class update before?

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Those statistics had me dumbstruck. I'm sure that's more than died in world war 2 or something. Just, wow...

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
yourbeliefs said:
I rarely play as soldier (and even lost a life in the war) but I do play it more often than Demoman (almost none) so I'm glad soldier won. Has Pyro or Medic had a big class update before?
They have achievements. But they need "Meet The" videos to be complete.

Slider2k

Oct 23, 2009
Now engineer needs an update. Likely something to improve longetivity of his buildings.

arcstone

Dec 1, 2007
Captain Pancake said:
Those statistics had me dumbstruck. I'm sure that's more than died in world war 2 or something. Just, wow...
Just try to imagine how many casualties there've been in counterstrike.

Like, ever.

Chinnygan

Oct 21, 2009
I hope there are more wars.

Scout vs Heavy would be great
Engineers vs Spys also
Then there could be a three way war between Pyros, Medics and Snipers. Snipers would probably win but it would be fun anyway.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
arcstone said:
Captain Pancake said:
Just try to imagine how many casualties there've been in counterstrike.

Like, ever.
I.... I think I need to lie down...

Sir_Tor

Nov 29, 2009
I participated as a demo, but the soldiers were just to many! Rockets everywhere! And don't say bad things about the demo, I single handedly took out a engie, 2 soldiers and a medic following them.
All hail the demoman!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Irridium said:
Its finally over.

Hopefully now there won't be 8 soldiers and/or demomen destroying my poor sentries.
Same here...my poor, poor sentries ;_;

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Captain Pancake said:
Less then then all of WW2, but more then WW1 if you don't count the flu outbreak.

And more then any one week period in history.

MentalBakura

Welcome To Das Oontz
Feb 21, 2009
Without the bonuses from the propaganda winners, the demomen would have won by 1914 kills.

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
Technically the Demoman won.

Soldier wins by ~30,000 kills, right? Well the Propaganda contest added 60,000 kills in his favour, whilst the Demoman got 25,000 kills in his favour, which works out to be a boost of 35,000 to the Soldier. Take that away (after all, the Propaganda contest had nothing to do with actually killing enemy Soldiers/Demomen) and Demoman wins by ~5,000 kills.

What's more interesting is why I am analysing this when I like both classes and don't give much of a shit about this one item. And why I am totally incapable of spotting a post right above me saying exactly the same thing.

Spineyguy

Apr 14, 2009
I was onthe soldier's team, it was total carnage.

But we strangled the bastards with their own frilly training bras!

James Raynor

Sep 3, 2008
Next should be Heavy versus Demoman or something, or scout versus medic (Possibly allowing assists to give points to medics)