Team Fortress 2: Soldier Beats Demoman

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Who called it, WHO FUCKING CALLED IT, YOU ALL DOUGHTED ME.

*Cough*

Sorry bout that, but i did call the soldier winning, i like oredicting things and them comming out correct, now all i want to know if what would the demoman get if he would have won.

Feb 18, 2009
I was rooting for the soldier but it all seems a bit pointless now - I mean, armoured boots? It might have been worth it if it didn't replace your shotgun. Oh well, I like the pick and the Direct Hit, and the demo's new sword/shield combo looks like it would be fun if I could play demo for shit, so I'm happy.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Grinnbarr said:
I was rooting for the soldier but it all seems a bit pointless now - I mean, armoured boots? It might have been worth it if it didn't replace your shotgun. Oh well, I like the pick and the Direct Hit, and the demo's new sword/shield combo looks like it would be fun if I could play demo for shit, so I'm happy.
Let's not forget that it would have replaced the sticky grenades on the demoman, making it impossible to grenade jump.
OT: I was hoping the Soldier would win so...
"Today's a good day!"

Ralackk

Aug 12, 2008
Asehujiko said:
Captain Pancake said:
Those statistics had me dumbstruck. I'm sure that's more than died in world war 2 or something. Just, wow...
Less then then all of WW2, but more then WW1 if you don't count the flu outbreak.

And more then any one week period in history.
Actually if you count civilians the death toll was an estimated 16 million, then theres the 22 million wounded and like you said it doesn't even count the 50 million that died of the spanish flu after the war.

Then world war 2 was way worse with between 62-78 million deaths.

On topic: I played the soldier a bit during the war but alot of servers I normally frequent have a class cap of 4 for obvious reasons. So I was unable to play the class I normally play due to the war.

JusticarPhaeton

Jul 29, 2009
The victory unlock would have likely been different for the demoman if they had won, since the boots replace your secondary, which in the demoman's case is the stickylauncher, and grenadejumping is a skill rarely seen...

I'm not suprised the soldier won. On average he yields excellent play results at all skill levels, whereas demomen are prolly the 'better' class (since it's more versatile), but has a much higher skillfloor.

I too played on a demo-vs-soldier server, and it was an absolute demoman slaughter. I never really realised that seven rocketspamming soldiers can spawncamp from half a map away...

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Irridium said:
Its finally over.

Hopefully now there won't be 8 soldiers and/or demomen destroying my poor sentries.
Yes there will. Now they're all grinding-up achievements and trying-out their new toys. ;D

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
I am a vetaran Demoman, I fought for the cause, and I regret nothing.

But Solly was the better man at the end of the day. And I raise my glass eye in respect.

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
(For the record, when my grand-kids ask me what I did during the war, I'll tell them that I suck as both a Soldier and a Demoman, so I spent the week happily sniping the hell out of both of them.)
Heh. I think snipers and pyros got more kills than those 2 classes did.

i did it 4 the lulz said:
OHHYEEEE! i knew that the soldier would win! But i got to say that the demoman put up a great fight. Helmets off to you.
*snipes the silly soldier who removed his helmet*

Captain Pancake said:
arcstone said:
Captain Pancake said:
Those statistics had me dumbstruck. I'm sure that's more than died in world war 2 or something. Just, wow...
Just try to imagine how many casualties there've been in counterstrike.

Like, ever.
I.... I think I need to lie down...
Millions of casualties, every week. FPS gaming at it's finest. :D

Chinnygan said:
Then there could be a three way war between Pyros, Medics and Snipers. Snipers would probably win but it would be fun anyway.
I'd go pyro actually. We kick medics easy and most snipers go bow and arrow.

Irridium said:
MR T3D said:
Irridium said:
Its finally over.

Hopefully now there won't be 8 soldiers and/or demomen destroying my poor sentries.
just back to the spies sappin' them!

and its a pair of boots.. those seem nice.
At least with spies you have the possability of stopping them before they sap.

Soldiers/Demomen... thats another story.
Pyro. Make sure there's a dispenser nearby and airblast away.

In conclusion, pyro. lol. Although Soldier was going to win. I see more people playing soldier than demoman so it's a given that there'd be better players on the soldier side.

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
Captain Pancake said:
The best part is that nobody actually died.

Well, not many anyway.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
The Demoman were going to lose from the start, just too many Soldiers running around. But that didn't stop me from shoving a bottle into the soldiers face anytime they got in range.

A little off topic here but, has anyone else had any problems getting weapons? I got the first Demoman milestone but I didn't get the weapon....what gives?

dodo1331

May 23, 2009
Gorge and Double Cross are two of my favorite maps in Team Fortress 2. Ever. Gorge is AMAZING for playing Heavy.

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

There is No honor, In defeat!

*Commits ritualistic suicide with The Eyelander*

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Psychosocial said:
Well, demoman is a terrible class, only good for camping with sticky bombs or taking out sentries, so I'm glad the scottish bastard lost.

Soldier ftw.
Oh dear.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
There was a War? Must have TF2... this game bleeds of awesome

Arcanz

Jun 25, 2009
Isn't there something about resurrecting old threads? last posts was from 2009, not sure about the rules though :p

Johnteerules

Mar 6, 2010
even though it was months since the war, I remeneber slaughtering demomen as a soldier on my cuz's acc, and the gun boats still suck