Team Fortress 2: Which class did you play as first? Was it your favorite?

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
first? I went SCOOT, all the time
then I went SNOIPAH, because I like the feeling of making every shot count and "1 bullet = 1 kill" =P

but then I also use HOOVY and Pyro
and when the team requires me to, I go MEDIK or NG

namhorFnodroG

Nov 2, 2011
My first class was problaby Scout, then Soldier, Then Pyro... I was just trying everybody out, left to right.

I don't really have a favorite class, since i like 'em all (<3), but this is my choice of classes most of the time. Soldier, Pyro, Spy, Sniper, Scout, Demoman, Medic, Heavy and my least favorite class is the Engineer. I just don't see the appeal to make camp in a corner pretty much the entire game.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
namhorFnodroG said:
...my least favorite class is the Engineer. I just don't see the appeal to make camp in a corner pretty much the entire game.
It's all about the teleporters my friend.

The sentry and dispenser are just icing on the cake.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
My personal favourite is Heavy, nothing better than mowing down tonnes of enemies, and silly pyros who think they can run at you with the Flamethrower. If I end up having a good medic on my ass, then everything dies, especially with the Kritzkrieg. It's even better now that I have a Pink As Hell Hound Dog and Pink As Hell All Father's beard.

Next favourite is Engie, but only with the Gunslinger, Wrangler and Frontier Justice. That combo is awesome for rushing in with Crit's at the ready.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
I was spy first, because my friend was telling me about the game, and I loved the idea of being able to look like an enemy. I did suck at it, though I've got a little better now.

But these days, Demo's my new best, spesh since I've got a strange eyelander. Need to rack up some kills on that thing... >:)

Farthing

Jan 28, 2012
My favorite is the scout, and also the first class I played. I try to balance out which class I play by what the team is in need of, so I play a little of everything now.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Ahhh, my first fight was as a Pyro. Had a lot of fun with it back then, I still do, but I wouldn't see shklim as my favourite class. That honor goes to the Heavy and followed closely by the Soldier.
Shklee's probably in 5th place, sitting between the Medic and Sniper

Spectral Dragon

Jun 14, 2011
First ever was a scout at Badwater Basin. Then I got pretty awesome with the pyro, and I played lots of sniper too. Lately, engie's a lot of fun too. I have gotten terrible, though, but when I play, pyro played as a spy with more health can be ridiculously rewarding.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I really tried to get Scout to be the main class that I play, however, I wasn't really...any good at it. >_> Then I found the Medic *eye-sparkles*.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Started with Sniper and that Australian fuck is still my favorite past the French Spy and Texan Cowboy.

Sniper is Number 1 still, love to be able to take off a wankers head from 100 feet without them ever even seeing me. Spy is second because its just to much fun sapping a sentry repeatedly to make the Engie paranoid then kill him while he is going nuts. Engineer is number three because I managed the fine art of playing him offensively.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
TheKasp said:
snagli said:
Started as a soldier, seemed simple. I fucking hate the Soldier. Too loud, too slow, rockets are inaccurate and slow, has no melee weapon that suits me. Oh no, I went Spy short after, and it's been my favourite class since.
Actually soldier is the most mobile class in the game and the only one who can compete with him is the scout. ;)
Beh. I don't want to damage myself to do a super jump. I have yet to find a single soldier who could stop a bullet entering his head or a knife entering his back with that little rocket jump of his.

Captcha: send packing.

Captcha gets it.

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
Medic. I flukily killed a Spy with my bone saw XD

The Medic as a character appealed to me most before I started playing, and it's still probably my favourite. Which is odd, as I nearly always choose tank or at least heavy DPS type characters in other games.

Feb 26, 2011
Medic. When it comes to direct combat, I get my rear handed to me every time. Playing Medic means I don't have to fight directly, yet I have a VERY real impact on the battlefield.

Support is also the primary reason I play Engie: Throwing up Teleporters to keep the flow of re-spawned players flowing, and using my Dispenser to keep everyone healed and supplied. To me, the Sentry is a side-note.