Teen werewolves pop up at texas schools

Virus0015

Dec 1, 2009
I don't quite understand why people are against free will. People can believe in what they like, and dress how they like as long as they don't do any harm. Seeing how the majority of this forum can show restraint when talking about racial and homosexual issues why is it not the case here?

And for all those who think they are crazy, I point you towards religion.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Legion said:
Yes, because nobody here has ever sought attention in any shape or form. Nobody here was a hormonal teenager looking to be in a group, or do something slightly idiotic in order to be accepted.

These kind of topics piss me off, although at least it brings out all the pedestals and hypocrisy out into the open.

It also irks me that people cannot tell the difference between Emo and Goths. It's pretty simple.
Sorry, no. Not every one of us was an attention whore when younger. Although you've proven your elitism by damning everyone else's opinion, pretty much marking yourself for what you were railing against.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
King of the Sandbox said:
Legion said:
Yes, because nobody here has ever sought attention in any shape or form. Nobody here was a hormonal teenager looking to be in a group, or do something slightly idiotic in order to be accepted.

These kind of topics piss me off, although at least it brings out all the pedestals and hypocrisy out into the open.

It also irks me that people cannot tell the difference between Emo and Goths. It's pretty simple.
Sorry, no. Not every one of us was an attention whore when younger. Although you've proven your elitism by damning everyone else's opinion, pretty much marking yourself for what you were railing against.
1: I never said everyone was, but I am willing to bet everyone did at least one stupid thing. Not mentioning the fact that there are a lot of different ways of seeking attention, it doesn't always have to be by doing something as dramatic as these kids. They are kids finding themselves, I simply don't see where the aggressive behaviour everyone shows comes from.
2: I didn't damn everyone's opinion, just those with the superiority complexes.
3: Disliking elitism is not a form of elitism. That's like saying disliking extremism is extremism.

I am wondering why you chose to take such a general comment so personally though. Is it too close to the truth? Are you feeling guilty about being insulting for no reason? Are you just in a bad mood and looking for an argument?

Although your second sentence shows what I mean about the superiority complex I am referring to nicely.

Stitches242

Nov 16, 2009
Theyre like offshoots of furries, just more fail.

Ha, I kid of course.
But really, they still fail.

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
Expression is cool. Wanting to become a part of a group in order to feel like you belong is cool. Hell even falling into a trend is ok, every teen has done this at some point or another, it's part of growing up.

However this... this is just stupid. What a bunch of pretentious idiots. This is actually worse than goth and emo on the double standard side of things. At least goths have the snarly don't-give-a-fuck attitude to back them up when accused of being exactly like every other goth and emo at least has the self deprecating can't-tell-if-they're-serious-or-not cushion to fall into when the same thing happens. But this... it's a new breed (no pun intended) of stuck up, posing, parents-buy-all-their-stuff-for-them-from-Hot-Topic-which-will-be-unfashionable-by-next-week kids trying to be something they are not.

At the end of the day it's same old shit, slightly different image. In fact, they don't even get points for originality. They took emo (which in itself is a bastard child of goth and punk[these days at least]) and added fangs and tails. Big woop.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
King of the Sandbox said:
jamesworkshop said:
what are we supposed to be discussing here its just a group thats cosplaying outside of a convention
I think it's different from cosplay, because they're following the example of the vampire emo's from Twilight. These aren't cosplayers doing it for fun, they're doing it for attention and in a way that's about as retarded as licking a running fan. I mean, yeah, sure, you can do that, and it'll get you attention, just not the attention you want.

The thing that gets me the most about it, really, is that little tart who called another group of people posers, while pretending to be a lycanthrope. You're not a werewolf, little lady. No matter how hard you want to bone Jacob.

As for discussion, I dunno. I thought we were just pointing and laughing.
I don't think they think they literally are werewolves only that they borrowed the pack dynamic of wolves

WorkerMurphey

Jan 24, 2010
They still look less ridiculous than the preppy guys in popped collars. Teenagers are weird, nothing new there. I suppose my local Hot Topic will start stocking those tails.

Hellgate

Mar 10, 2009
At least there not sparkling vampires xD
But of real now :p some one needs to stop this monster fad... first vampires (Personaly i wish for a Blade/Twillight crossover where Blade kills off the entire cast of Twillight xD) now warewolves what next? the Frankenstein Monster? the Mummy? xD

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Kharloth said:
"Were not a gang, like, gangs are posers, they just want attention"

Methinks being out in the sun too long causes hypocrisy and delusions.
The whole cancer package :p

(Thats coming back to bite me in the ass)

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
They look more like raccoons with those puffy tails and eyeliner/eyeshadow... I can't think of them as werewolves because, to me, werewolves should be fierce and not whiny looking. They should be wild animals, and nothing like this.

Duskwaith

Sep 20, 2008
Well........nope im completely just mindfecked by it.

Someone should set up a group of werewolf hunters and just have old style mods vs rockers fights then outside forces can just fire a few CS canisters in to break it all up.

But seriously when this kids look back on their high school years their kids/cubs would be facepalming them

AnneSQF

Sep 22, 2009
Kinda weird and emo... But I want to have fangs and a tail. That would be badass! lol

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
Kharloth said:
"Were not a gang, like, gangs are posers, they just want attention"

Methinks being out in the sun too long causes hypocrisy and delusions.
I think that sentence just gave me an excuse to not leave my computer. Not that I needed one, really.

OT: Twilight and Van Helsing in the same sentence = bad. I've not read the Twilight books, but I was forced to watch the film (thinking WTF all the way through, more or less), and I've been told various times by a Twilight fangirl acquaintance of mine that in there, they are not werewolves. Which is probably a good thing considering this tarnishes the name of a werewolf enough.
Leave it up to angsty emo kids to ruin a good thing for all of us; Twilight and it's rabid fangirls ruined the vampire image, now these 'not poser' kids are ruining werewolves. I loved werewolves before they were cool.

Werewolves are supposed to be wild, mysterious, misunderstood. While they've probably got the 'misunderstood' down to a tee, as for the rest I could probably laugh and/or cry hysterically. They probably would have no idea what to do if faced with a real wolf, short of killing it and boiling its skull.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
Yes, you are emo. Yes, you are posers. No, you're not a second family. You're a fucking gang. The difference being that, in a family, there's usually someone smart enough to tell you to stop doing what you're fucking doing. Not that I have a problem with being eccentric, I've been told I am, but this isn't eccentricity, this is joining another group, which you can do without looking like a complete tool. Save the shitty cosplay for Halloween and conventions.

swolf

May 3, 2010
Wow...just wow. That's interesting. At least they aren't committing any crimes. I wouldn't have any room to joke on them, even if I wanted to, considering the vampire bite tattoo on my shoulder.(it has nothing to do with "Twilight" and has meaning to me).

Ziel

Mar 24, 2004
I imagine it's been said already (I'm not reading 9 pages of "lawl, lozerz!"), but this seems no different to what teenagers have been doing for years. Dressing like a goth used to be done for the same reason, but then it became normal for teenagers to be all angsty and depressed, so I suppose this is just the next step up. At least werewolves might be a little less whiny.