Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I really wish they would reveal a release date already. There's no reason not to do so at this point. It comes out during the summer, I don't have a problem with that.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I really wish they would reveal a release date already. There's no reason not to do so at this point. It comes out during the summer, I don't have a problem with that.
It is weird if they haven't revealed yet. It can't be that hard to set a timeline. I'm not familiar with the dev but they seem to have a pretty decent history of games not unlike this(and apparently did the Scott Pilgrim Brawler under another studio/name) so I can only guess they've got a handle on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It can't be that hard to set a timeline. I'm not familiar with the dev but they seem to have a pretty decent history of games not unlike this(and apparently did the Scott Pilgrim Brawler under another studio/name) so I can only guess they've got a handle on this.
The same developers also worked on the GBA version of TMNT (2007). So we all know the game is in good hands.

Reactions: Dalisclock

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
@BrawlMan in case you haven’t found out already -

Physical confirmed -

KONAMI partnered with game developer Digital Eclipse to expertly adapt these classics for modern gaming systems with a fantastic set of quality-of-life features including save anytime and rewind, button mapping, and added online play for certain games** with local couch play for all titles where originally intended. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection will also come with a digital game guide for each title to help players fight and sometimes swim through difficult areas.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@BrawlMan in case you haven’t found out already -

Physical confirmed -

KONAMI partnered with game developer Digital Eclipse to expertly adapt these classics for modern gaming systems with a fantastic set of quality-of-life features including save anytime and rewind, button mapping, and added online play for certain games** with local couch play for all titles where originally intended. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection will also come with a digital game guide for each title to help players fight and sometimes swim through difficult areas.
Max called it, when he said Digital Eclipse will be doing the porting job, in his reaction video.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The end of the video states summer of 2022. A month and day would be very helpful. There is actually a nice amount of brawlers coming out in the summer.

On to the gameplay. Looks amazing. You got the return of running and dash attacks. Rag doll slam and throwing the foot ninja in to the screen makes a return. New to this game is the addition diagonal downward and upward attacks. Similar to Streets of Rage 4, enemies can be juggled in to the air. You have a super meter that can be stacked, and performed on the ground or in the air, with different attack animations. A first to a TMNT brawler is a taunt button. The game has a combo counter, but it is more lenient than SOR4. When in multiplayer, there competitive to who gets the most hits at the end of each level. And achievements to who does the most type of attacks, etc.

Shredder's Revenge is already shaking up to be the best TMNT game in a long time. Now we just need a release date on the month and day, and not just Summer of this year. By the way, the Cowabunga Collection is getting a physical release at all retailers. So I do not have to worry about going to Limited Run. I've been swearing off them for a while now.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The game will have a story mode in arcade mode. The difference being that in story mode, you are allowed to upgrade your character's health and super bar. Arcade mode has everything at base line.

I find it funny IGN all of a sudden has no problem with a game bringing back "old things and there's nothing wrong with that". Yet they had problems with Streets of Rage 4 for being "too stuck in the past and not doing anything new enough". Ign, ignorant and pretending to be wise a a wise intellectual as always. They never stay consistent and will change their opinion on a dime.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
LRG are doing there on physicals versions, but I rather get my copies through Amazon or Best Buy, if possible. The Cowabunga Collection has physical version coming out through those two retailers. Hopefully Shredder's Revenge can do the same. Never mind, it is appearing at other retailers too.

I disagree with Matt, I don't mind April and Splinter already being there from the start. Not every game needs to do unlockable characters by beating the game or meeting a stage requirement. Just be happy they're playable in the game at all. His concerns for the short levels are exaggerated. I am sure there are gonna be at least 12 levels, similar to Streets of Rage 4. Also, the levels will get longer. This is nothing new for a TMNT brawler. Go back and play both arcade games. The first two levels are not that long.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So its great, but short, and the replayability is a bit dry. That's my overall takeaway from all the feedback so far.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So its great, but short, and the replayability is a bit dry. That's my overall takeaway from all the feedback so far.
I wouldn't call 16 levels exactly short. Especially with a price at $24.99 digitally. It's $21.49, if you pre-order on eShop. The physical versions that come out on Amazon and Best Buy next month, are $34.99 though. Assuming a person didn't pony up for the limited run edition which could cost even more. Depending on which physical version you pre-order. Not bad for the standard price though. In addition, you have two different types of modes; plus he can play up to six players. That's more than enough. They might add a survival mode down the line later.