Tell me, o muse...

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Larenxis said:
PurpleRain. And generally not listening to any music is best, as it'll just distract me.
Aww. Actually, to tell you the truth, you were the one that rekindled my love of english once more. Especially after high school killed my carefactor for it. You had me running to the dictionary on many occasions and reassessing how I write/talk. So I guess I'll have to put you down as my biggest motivator for any of my writing.

Chekov

Oct 8, 2008
Jamanticus said:
jim_doki said:
A deadline

thats all It takes to inspire me
Ditto.

That, and watching a fantastic musician play........Doesn't really matter which, though.
Having a deadline helps for sure. But watching a 'superior' player play is somewhat daunting for me.. 'Holy crap I'll never get anywhere near that.'

When writing songs I usually block out the world to the point when I can hear my guitar/instrument and my thoughts. That's when true 'ideas' come to the surface.

Neosage

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2008
[link]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4smim2MNvF8[/link] Inspired me to play

And this what I want to accomplish [link]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf5GQhdbrzs[/link]

Zeldadudes

Sep 12, 2008
PurpleRain said:
Larenxis said:
PurpleRain. And generally not listening to any music is best, as it'll just distract me.
Aww. Actually, to tell you the truth, you were the one that rekindled my love of english once more. Especially after high school killed my carefactor for it. You had me running to the dictionary on many occasions and reassessing how I write/talk. So I guess I'll have to put you down as my biggest motivator for any of my writing.
I have to say that just inspires me to love again.

Anyhoo, i listen to music constantly especially orchestral music from the Romantic Period. Other than that a little bit of Bach never hurt anyone haha :)

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
One of the things that inspired me was "Paranoid Android" by Radiohead, especially the line "The crackle, of pigskin". That cruel metaphor really had an impact on me.

Fox1789 said:
i take all the bad shit that happened in my life and use it..
Too many people do this nowadays, I believe.

Burld

Feb 9, 2008
Whenever I need to write anything, I imagine that I am an esteemed academic (I stop short of impersonations), or whoever fits what I am writing. It sounds stupid, but it works for me.

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
I take inspiration from a lot of things. Music's a big one. I've written, painted, drawn and played with a single song stuck on repeat. Certain authors have much the same effect, especially in inspiring my habitual essays. Pratchett's one, Orwell another.

Other artists inspire me by way of competition. I've been known to brows DeviantArt, cursing the ego-crushing skills of some, then vowing the next instant to one day outdo them. Same goes for various tattooist who I hold on shiny pedestals of idolisation. They do such fucking pretty work.. and they get a lot of really attractive people to pose naked and show it off. Ahhhh.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
video games inspired me to get into science.

it never made sense why i don't have a battle cruiser.

there is still plenty of time

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
I lisen to Pandora Radio(streamed internet radio), on the rage against the matchine channel. Its a nice backround when im typing.

tikiwargod

Oct 27, 2008
When looking for inspiration it really depends on what I feel like, sometimes I need silence and the chance to collect my thoughts other times I need music to help me concentrate but often I find I don't even need anything, I just start and can't stop, this has been the case for many a school projects.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Escaping the Horrible Yellow Box.
I primarily do this through the mighty force that are called, "Coffee shops."