Tell me useless info you know!

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Frequen-Z said:
Apple juice comes from zebras.
PA reference.

Christopher Columbus, contrary to what everyone was always taught, was considered an immense fuckwit, tool and criminal. That's why he, a spaniard, had to go to portugal to get funding for his expedition. Also that whole "Everyone thought the earth was flat thing"? Bullshit as well, navigation was based on the priniciple that the earth was round and had been since ancient Greece and Egypt.

Robby Foxfur said:
Mole is the number of atoms in a molecule its also comes in Mega and Milla prefixes
A mole is an avogadro's number (6.023 x 10 to the power of 23) of a given atom or molecule. It's basically it's molecular weight in grams. E.g. A mole of Carbon 12 is 12 grams of Carbon 12.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
procyonlotor said:
Humanity will eventually invent immortality. But we'll all be dead by then.
They possibly already have I read some russian sientist after 40 years research found a way to stop or atleast slow ageing but it's untested and recentry made so we'll se if it's bull or acculy true.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Since 1313, MPs are not allowed to don armor in Parliament.

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
God, I could type in this thread all day. I'll type a few with one hand while I eat lunch:

+Starfish have no brains
+Every nation in Europe sent some number of troops to fight at the Battle of White Mountain
+Caucasian Ovcharkas were bred by the Russians 700 years ago to kill bears. (The modern-day russian army uses them as guard dogs)
+HIV steals part of the cellular plasma membrane by embedding its own viral glycosylated proteins during tranlation and fusing with them during exocytosis.
+The patella is grown inside your tendons - this is called a Sesamoid bone.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Daddy Longlegs are the most venomous creatures on the planet, but they have no means of delivering the venom.

Thank fuck.

EDIT: Yes, I know this has been debunked so can people stop telling me now? :p

Justin Shea

Feb 21, 2010
Cheveyo said:
Those little plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
The Question is so awesome.

OT: Topically-applied fluoride doesn't prevent tooth decay. It does render teeth detectable by satellite.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
The Vampire Squid from Hell (it is real!) has the largest eyes compared to body size of any animal.

NiceGurl_14

Aug 14, 2008
Here's some that kinda made my skin crawl a little:

*when inside, you are always within 6 feet of a spider
*The average person consumes 15+ spiders a year while sleeping

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
Robby Foxfur said:
Mole is the number of atoms in a molecule its also comes in Mega and Milla prefixes
There are 6.02*10^23 atoms in a mole of an element.

That isn't useless if you are doing chemistry calculations though

hyperhammy

Jan 4, 2010
NiceGurl_14 said:

That second one is actually wrong... at least I think it was proven wrong! ;)

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
Valkyira said:
In Nottingham, England, it is legal for you to kill an Scottish man if he has a bow and arrow.
Thats nonsense. Unless he attacks you with it murder isn't legal.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
gostchiken said:
In California it is illegal to eat an orange in your bathtub.
What?
CitySquirrel said:
The Vampire Squid from Hell (it is real!) has the largest eyes compared to body size of any animal.
Picture please.
NiceGurl_14 said:

Don't say that to someone who is an arachniphobic!
Valkyira said:
In Nottingham, England, it is legal for you to kill an Scottish man if he has a bow and arrow.
Ok, first of all, isn't it illegal to kill anyone regardless and second, your avatar is creepy.

As for my contribution to this thread; if you obey the law of gravity, then you will fall if you jump off a cliff.

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
From the archives of SDUK (Society for the Diffusion of Useless Knowledge): It is illegal to drop a moose out of a moving plane in Alaska.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
Belerus is the last country in Europe which has a dictator.
Your ass is cleaner then your mouth.