tell us something you like about yourself

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Redflash said:
I have sexy, sexy calves. They are toned and skinny for no good reason - Lily from HIMYM would drop Marshall in a heartbeat if she laid eyes on them.
Jersey or Ayrshire?

I like what I could be to the right person, but hate knowing I won't find her.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I think I'm fairly attractive. I mean, at least in terms of my face. My facial features are fairly well balanced and I've been told I've got nice hair and eyes.
Some people even say I'm "pretty."

It's a bit petty, and I sure as shit didn't think that way back when I was in high school, but it's something that I like about me now!

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Hmmm... I have eaten dinner with Chewbacca, his wife, and Boba Fett. (IE Peter Mayhew and his wife, and Jeremy Bulloch)... I cannot stress enough what wonderful folks they are, too.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
*I'm an asexual currently engaged in a sexual relationship.
*I once punched through a door.
*I have read a lot of books, and by a lot I mean a lot. I think Atlas Shrugged is shite and Ulysses is overrated.
*I love Heaven's Gate despite having publicly called the movie a 'Piece of shit' and written an essay for my Film Course on why it's a piece of shit. Also, I hate Last Seduction with a passion.
*I once microwaved bread to see if it would be toast (Didn't, but I Still ate it).
*My favorite drink is Dr Pepper.
*I'm an atheist calling myself agnostic because I don't want to be associated with the guys who mindlessly parrot Dawkins, who I came to hate during my Philosophy course in college.
*In Ten years, I want to have become a published writer. I haven't told anyone about this goal because I'm scared of the expectation from people to have accomplished this.
*I have a fear of failing.
*I want to die so much I've stopped caring about my personal safety.
*I love Venture Bros. and Rick & Morty.

That's about it, I suppose.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I get over things quickly.

Mostly because I find other things to get pissed off about.

I'll get annoyed because some guy on the street called some woman he probably doesn't even know a *****, but then I'll be annoyed because of a horrible, cheesy advertisement and complain about how TV and radio has gone to hell for the sake of money.

Then I'll be annoyed because I don't know the time and my watch's an hour late.

My spectrum of complaining is very colourful and varied! :D

dancowan15

Apr 17, 2013
I've been working out for about two years. I look good but not like, supermodel good.

Except for my triceps which are FUCKING AWESOME.

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
Probably my mind or my personality. It seems to work when it shouldn't, is flexible, perceptive and good at seeing the bigger patterns. I find it fascinating to just sit back and examine my own motives and thought processes, tracing them back to their root influences in my life. It causes a lot of things to make more sense about myself.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I'm very good at knowing what my problems are

I'm even better at doing nothing about them

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'm an online comic artist who loves science, sci-fi, technology and video games.

I like making art a whole bunch, got a bunch of fanart on my DA profile and a ton of original and if you're interested in seeing some- I can't post that here because it apparently is advertizing here, even if I make no money and this stuff only costs money. Sooo check my profile for more info :| I'm sure that'll workout. Here's a sample anyway:

Positive you say?
Well I got a leopard gecko that loves to occupy my shoulder:

Her name is Xarxxanagon, you can tell it's badass because of the number of X's. Yes she does shoot lasers from her eyes so you better watch yourself got it?! >:|
But seriously, she's a cute little gecko who just wants your body heat ......and mealworms ....sometimes crickets.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Snotnarok said:
I'm an online comic artist who loves science, sci-fi, technology and video games.
do you host your comic on its own site? what adivce would you give somone wanting to enter the webcomic game?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Vault101 said:
Snotnarok said:
do you host your comic on its own site? what adivce would you give somone wanting to enter the webcomic game?
I do host it on my own site! Which if you're just starting out, may be hard to recommend as it will cost you even if it does offer it's own advantages. Check out the site: http://www.antarescomplex.com

What do I recommend? Sort your story first, get a goal in mind before you start- it sounds obvious but sometimes something simple is overlooked and you're backtracking to fix it. Figure out a system that will work for you and stick with it, as in get comics made in a timely mannor and get updates on time on a schedule you make. I've read the worst thing to do is have irregular updates.

In terms of what to do for hosting? Maybe start with a community like ComicFury.com I host my comic there as well and they let you customize your site quite a bit and it's easy to work with. Plus, you have a community which makes it much easier to get word around...which brings me to social stuff, get a twitter and facebook and get ready to use it...

Making and hosting your own site means there's really no downtime if there is a problem, something goes wrong? Reupload your site or tell your hosting provider to sort out the issue if it's on their end. But it does cost a chunk of change. Reccomended site for this: Siteground.com cheap hosting, nice servers that don't slow down easy and offer faster servers if you're doing something more extreme like a store.

Another thing is do not get discouraged by reader counts, it's often a decent time before you see frequent readers. Keep posting and you will be found by people and you'll get readers happy to check your stuff out.

For more advice from more creators try http://webcomicunderdogs.com/ they're a community of comic artists who try to help out one another.

I hope that helps

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Snotnarok said:
awsome! that was helpful!

I'm nowhere near that point but I have considered putting the thing I'm working on in comic form, because thats kind of how I envisioned it (being inspired partly by Saga) and the premise seems a bit rediculous for a novel,(though I'm currently writing it out in prose cause you never know) I know straight up narrative driven stuff without all the meta joking may not be as much of a webcomic thing but I'm more interested in putting it in a medium that suits it best [footnote/] in fact all that said I'd bet somone done something similar[/footnote]...weather or not people read it is another thing (and I personally think when you do this kind of thing is has to be)

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Um... People tell me hair is nice? Like twice now even.

...Yeah I've got nothing. I am pure human garbage, plain and simple.

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
I am really good at being a piece of shit! Like wow. The only thing I'm good at is self deprecation!

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Hmm. Dunno... I feel really ordinary.
I'm kind of proud I got a job at CERN though, if achievements count.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Vault101 said:
Snotnarok said:
awsome! that was helpful!

I'm nowhere near that point but I have considered putting the thing I'm working on in comic form, because thats kind of how I envisioned it (being inspired partly by Saga) and the premise seems a bit rediculous for a novel,(though I'm currently writing it out in prose cause you never know) I know straight up narrative driven stuff without all the meta joking may not be as much of a webcomic thing but I'm more interested in putting it in a medium that suits it best [footnote/] in fact all that said I'd bet somone done something similar[/footnote]...weather or not people read it is another thing (and I personally think when you do this kind of thing is has to be)
Glad I could help. :)

Well, like I said get what you want sorted in your head, make a few quick drawings of some pages for the start as it's pretty important (this has to hook people in). When you feel satisfied proceed and see how it works.

People will find it and read it, how many is up to you and the effort you put in. Though one other thing that has to be said; do not be discouraged by negative feedback. No matter what someone makes, no matter the intentions someone will dislike it and they are likely to be the most vocal.

Negative feedback from many people can be a tell that you may want to tweak something but it's a story you're creating so, grain of salt and all that.

Oh, best tip that fits this topic: Have fun when doing it! :D

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Well, I lost almost 100 pounds and now I spend 5 or more days a week in the gym lifting to get bigger and stronger. So I'm pretty proud about my levels of dedication to achieving my goals. I think I'm relatively good looking also. I'm tall, fit, and have awesome blue-grey eyes that people tell me change color from day to day. I'm also pretty smart I suppose. I just graduated magna cum laude from college with a 3.83 GPA. And I'm always loyal to the people I care about. When I make a promise I keep it and I'll never let a friend down.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Snotnarok said:
just another one...whats adverting like? the cost and where your ads show up?

anyway thanks! I also forgot to congradulate you on your gecko....in Western Australia our reptile ownership regulations are a little orewelian