Telltale Reveals Poker Night 2

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I liked the first game far more than Steven here did. It was a decent little game with plenty of amusing statements by recognizable characters. also I thought Claptrap had as large if not a larger roll in borderlands 2 than he did in the first one.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Two things.

1. Brock Samson's render looks fantastic.
2. Poker Night 1 wasn't too bad, it's just the difficulty was obscenely high. Hopefully PN2's will be a little more refined.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Geo Da Sponge said:
I'm kind of curious about how the Heavy can have a knife melee weapon given that they normally have a hell of a time programming new character animations into TF2.
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Samson_Skewer

sorry, but it isn't an actual weapon. it's a misc item that hangs on the heavy's belt

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I quite enjoyed the first one, to be honest. Strongbad was annoying as all buggery but I could put up with him because of the other three. In this case it looks like I'll have to put up with Craptrap but Sam and Glados will make it worth it. I'm neutral to the other two, pretty sad that they couldn't get the Spy or one of the other TF2 characters in there this time.

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
I cannot wait for this! These characters are wonderfully random and the humor of the first one makes me sure the banter will be great. I'm sure Claptrap will be threatened by Brock many times if he doesn't stop "dancing".

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
SomebodyNowhere said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
I'm kind of curious about how the Heavy can have a knife melee weapon given that they normally have a hell of a time programming new character animations into TF2.
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Samson_Skewer

sorry, but it isn't an actual weapon. it's a misc item that hangs on the heavy's belt
...Okay, that is lame. Seriously, just a knife in the small of his back? No one's going to see that!

songnar

Modulator
Oct 26, 2008
Wait, wait, wait!

How did TTG/Valve get the rights to feature Brock Samson!?

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
songnar said:
Wait, wait, wait!

How did TTG/Valve get the rights to feature Brock Samson!?
Valve has worked with cartoon network before...you have the robot chicken hat and all the Venture Bros and Aqua Teen Hunger force items in TF2.

UltraXan

Mar 1, 2011
As soon as I saw the title, I raised an eyebrow. As soon as I saw the photo on the news feed, I picked out GLaDOS and both my eyebrows went up. I read the article and my eyes shot open. Then I immediately went to steam to see if I could find the game.

I'm not much of a poker player, but I'm actually looking forward to this! I was highly amused by the first game, and I have a feeling that my brother is going to go ga ga for this one (he's a massive evil dead and Sam&Max fan). I wish I could see the video, though. I'm at school and the firewall blocks youtube :(

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I paid two dollars for the original and played it well over getting the unlocks, I got 17 hours out of it. I kind of did ask for it because I'm out of banter to go though. Poker is poker so I don't see why the frist game is so soul destroying to you Steven. I'll be getting this, and not for the unlocks.

PH3NOmenon

Oct 23, 2009
"Terrible poker simulator?"

Wut?

Terrible is just about the last word I'd use to describe it. First, it cost next to nothing. Second, the ingame banter was pretty entertaining (and was in my opinion the main reason to play, I mean if you wanted to play "serious" poker, you'd play online against people. Not against Strong Bad...). Third, you could unlock virtual goodies for TF2, meaning you stayed interested.

The line-up this time around is slightly less interesting to me personally, but I wouldn't hesitate to advise any fan of the featured characters to pick it up if it's as funny as the first one...

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
PH3NOmenon said:
"Terrible poker simulator?"

Wut?

Terrible is just about the last word I'd use to describe it. First, it cost next to nothing. Second, the ingame banter was pretty entertaining (and was in my opinion the main reason to play, I mean if you wanted to play "serious" poker, you'd play online against people. Not against Strong Bad...). Third, you could unlock virtual goodies for TF2, meaning you stayed interested.

The line-up this time around is slightly less interesting to me personally, but I wouldn't hesitate to advise any fan of the featured characters to pick it up if it's as funny as the first one...
Ya I've got a lot of hours in it as well. I can honestly say Poker night at the inventory isn't a game I regret buying at all.

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
Blagh...I like the rest of the characters, but...yuck, that Ash. I watched the video before reading the article, and I didn't even know who the hell it was. If it ain't Bruce Campbell, it ain't Ash. Hopefully it's just a place holder VO or they couldn't get him for the trailer, and it's him in the game. Otherwise, it's just a dude with a shotgun and dirty clothes. If that's the case, I much rather have had them get either someone else from TF2, Gabe from Penny-Arcade, or if they had to go with a zombie busting guy, get Nick from Left4Dead 2. He's a bit like Ash. Cocky, reluctant hero, snarky.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Well I'm glad to see I'm not crazy for liking the first one. I've gotten more than my money's worth out of it; especially since I picked it up at a Steam sale. Maybe you should save your opinions for the review instead of the news article Steve. Seriously, this read like an angry forum post by a random user. Grow some professionalism and don't just assume that everyone agrees with your opinion on the game.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
I loved the first game and I'll definitely be getting this one. Good news that Sam and Glados are on board, but I agree that it would have been nice to have another TF2 character, maybe the sniper or the engineer, though.
Oh and I liked Claptrap.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
What a hostile article. Seriously, that was a bit much.

I loved the first Poker Night. Not for the TF2 items, but because it included characters (with the exception of Max) that I knew about and never thought would get to see interact the way they did. Do you know how long it has been since Strong Bad has been relevant? Quite a while.

Will definitely be picking this up. Again, and not for the TF2 items.

eltonborges

Apr 25, 2008
But, once again, why not a female player? I hope you can unlock GLaDOS or something. Hell, bring Erin from Critical Miss, or Vi from LoL, or something!

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Lately, Escapist news articles seem to have gone from news pieces with a little personality injected from the author, to straight up short opinion editorials in the guise of a news article. If the article is just going to read "Hey, this piece of shit game is coming out." Then why even bother reporting on it? Well, whatever. Like the majority of the small sample size that is the thread comments, I'm actually looking forward to this and not just because of unlockables.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
This is fantastic news. I love Poker Night at the Inventory, even though I'm horrible at the poker itself. It's worth it just to sit around trying to play while listening to characters who would never normally meet finally interact. Can you imagine the kind of things Glados will say to Claptrap? Lots of potential if the writing is good like last time.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
I just told my brother about Ask from Evil Dead being in it and he freaked the fuck out, so thats at least one sale conformed.