Telltale Reveals Poker Night 2

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
I... I liked Poker Night...

I mean, I'm no connoisseur of card simulators, but I didn't know how to play Texas Hold'em before, and now I do. Also, I found the dialogue legitimately funny. A handful of great but disparate characters sitting down and just, talking about stuff? Sign me up.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
I fear that Ash in this game is going to serve the same role for me as the Penny Arcade character did in the previous game - to be the weakest with regards to the humor. I felt that the Penny Arcade character had all the worst lines and it often felt to me like they hit the strongest beats on his cursing because, eh, cursing's funny I guess?

Ash, however. I fear the potential stream of catchprases.

But, uh. I will almost certainly buy this anyway. As stated, it's about the banter, and I am itching to hear basically everyone else in the game. Maybe Ash won't end up quite as bad. Or maybe the rest will be enough. We shall see.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Mirrorknight said:
Blagh...I like the rest of the characters, but...yuck, that Ash. I watched the video before reading the article, and I didn't even know who the hell it was. If it ain't Bruce Campbell, it ain't Ash. Hopefully it's just a place holder VO or they couldn't get him for the trailer, and it's him in the game. Otherwise, it's just a dude with a shotgun and dirty clothes. If that's the case, I much rather have had them get either someone else from TF2, Gabe from Penny-Arcade, or if they had to go with a zombie busting guy, get Nick from Left4Dead 2. He's a bit like Ash. Cocky, reluctant hero, snarky.
It's a $5 Poker game, a shame Bruce isn't playing the role, but who knows, the stand in could do a good job. It's happened in the past.