Telltale to Make an Episodic Batman Series

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
The only way it could work is if they focus on the detective side of Batman's adventures. Otherwise it would be better to just play the Arkham games.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Ugh another series, really? Telltale for the love of god, please stop starting up new projects and finish the ones you already have going. I just want a season 2 of TWAU. ;_;

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
K12 said:
I'm still holding out for the Garrus C-Sec investigaions series.
I would pre-order that the instant it was announced.

OT

While I've come to expect - and receive - extremely high quality games from TellTale, I'd rather they finish off Game of Thrones and The Wolf Among Us before making me cry and rage alternatively as Batman.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Well, I can at least see them churning out something decent.

That said, why couldn't we have got someone different. Maybe The Question? That would be awesome.

fluxy100

May 22, 2010
It has gotta suck to be a DC fan of something other than Batman, knowing that you will never get anything but table scraps after "The Bat" gets done with them.

I'm so sick and tired of batman stuff. He's got hundreds of games and movies, can we give another DC hero some love?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Am interested to see what they do with this. Have only avoided Game of Thrones and Minecraft from telltale so far, for various reasons. Curious to see where they go with this. Fresh off of Tales from the Borderlands (Yes, it is that great. Play it now, ignorant fools!) i have faith they can still surprise and inspire.

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
Always hated Batman for the sole reason that he's not allowed to kill someone... If I can kill someone in this game count me in. It infuriates me how the joker escapes every time, kills a bunch of people, batman punches him and puts him in jail. After the second escape the blood is on his hands.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
I'm excited for this, and I can certainly see how Batman could work with the Telltale playstyle, particularly if they focus more on the detective side of Bats. I'm looking forward to interrogating Gotham's most wanted too, and hoping they can tell an interesting story.

That being said, much of the game will ride on how well they get Batman as a character. It really depends which writers work they want to base him off, and I'm crossing all my fingers and toes they don't draw inspiration from Frank Miller's Batman. I'm really annoyed the new BatsVsSupes film is trying to invoke stuff from Dark Knight Returns and hope Telltale avoids doing the same thing.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Yes this is what we need...MORE BATMAN!!!

Damn it TellTale why could you not do Superman or Wonder Woman or ANYONE.

Batman is so overdone at this point its not even funny. Honestly I think the reason these people focus so much on Batman is because they are lazy and lack imagination.

And of course writers have made so much Batman content over the years his stories are like a Sub-Universe within the bigger DC universe.

Batman lore is like a Sea. Flash lore is pretty much a pond.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Wow people really seem to hate Batman here. I'm personally very happy I've never played a telltale game before but I actually have motivation to do so now.

Apr 17, 2009
I kind of hope that you're playing as Renee Montoya, Harvey Bullock or any of the other more notable cops of Gotham, not as Batman himself. Have more of a crime procedural similar to the stories in Gotham Central where even basic crimes get complicated fast thanks to the presence of supervillains, mind control, weird-ass chemicals and the occasional cameo from the Bat himself. I would have thought anything else is inevitably going to be compared to the Arkham series

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
Meh. I'm not interested, and until Walking Dead Season 3 comes out I don't think I'll be getting into anything they put out. And even then, I'm not really looking forward to Season 3 after how boring and pointless all of your choices were in season 2. Telltale games have really just comes down to what your character's tone is for conversations, the story carries on the same way regardless.

But if you wanted to get my money using this same formula Telltale, get a license that needs a dire reboot: 007. For far too long has everyone who had the license tried to relive the glory days of Goldeneye, and it's NEVER gunna happen again.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
LobsterFeng said:
Wow people really seem to hate Batman here. I'm personally very happy I've never played a telltale game before but I actually have motivation to do so now.
Love Batman personally, but you've gotta admit that he's started reaching a point of over-saturation in media. And DC has a couple of other characters that would probably lend themselves better to the kind of stories they like to do.

Question as someone said, Aquaman surprisingly has a bit of interesting things that they could do things with, Martian Manhunter(my personal second favorite in the DC universe) with his dual detective "real" life and Manhunter true self providing a somewhat unique parallel to Bigby from TWAU, even Steel(I think) could provide a look into hero worship and inspiration.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Telltale? In other words they're going to take a year to release a game where your choices really don't matter.

After Game of Thrones, it's easier just to watch youtubers instead of wasting money.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
RealRT said:
Hawki said:
I've never played a Telltale game (though I often watch playthroughs), nor am I a superhero conissuer by any means.

Am I a bad person for feeling let down that of all the DC heroes Telltale could have chosen, they chose Batman? As in, yet another Batman game? :(
No, I think anyone with a passing knowledge of DCU is annoyed to all hell that we get *yet another* Batman game.
Thankfully I lucked out by deciding Batman was my favourite superhero when I was a child, so I'm loving all of the Batman stuff .

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I'll probably play it. Will be better than Minecraft Story Mode, at any rate.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Personally, I think a Telltale Batman game has alot of potential to it.

Yeah, the Batman Arkham series already does a good job giving us a good experience of what it would be like to use Batman's skills and gadgets to do what he does best, but I think a Telltale Batman game can show us what it would be like to be Batman on a psychological level.

Think about it, Batman's been written and interpreted in over a hundred different ways, with different incarnations reacting to different scenarios in different ways. And a Telltale Batman game can give us the opportunity to ask ourselves "What kind of Batman would we be?"

The article also seems to imply we'll be playing out of the cowl as Bruce Wayne as well, which can make for some dynamic interactive storytelling as we players would be balancing the seemingly carefree billionaire lifestyle Bruce Wayne is publicly known for with Batman's reputation as a feared vigilante and a skilled detective. So the game will be asking us how well we'd fair psychologically and socially as being both Bruce Wayne and Batman.