Telltale's Jurassic Park Adventures Inspired by Heavy Rain

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I'm a little dissolusioned with Telltale. They subsist entirely off other people's franchises. Yes, they often do a good job (like with the Sam and Max games) and I know it is a sensible business strategy to rely on beloved brands, but can't they come up their own stuff for once?

dragonburner

Feb 21, 2009
It makes sense in the fact that there wasn't much shooting in the first book. The second one would make a better video game, actually. Heavy Rain makes sense for a lot of JP sequences, the ending, running from dinosaurs, etc. I think the scared running fits the story (the first one at least), but maybe a sequel could be more conventional. It has driving AND shooting!

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Raiyan 1.0 said:
What are your views on the sequel - The Lost World?

I enjoyed that book immensely, but the movie adaptation was a nightmare! It was less an adaptation of Crichton's work and more a King Kong/Godzilla hybrid with dinosaurs thrown in...
I never read it. I heard there was bleed over from the movies in the second book, characters who died in the first book showing up in book two and such. I guess some day I'll have to.

JediMB said:
Ghengis John said:
~Gennaro-snip~
I must have read the book 15-20 times, because I loved it so much. Wouldn't be against a future full adaptation of the book into a video game of some sort.
That would be a pretty bad ass idea. I don't think anyone would ever tolerate a re-shoot/reboot of the first film but a game might be a nice way to tell the original, better story. Trouble with doing the whole series would be though things bleed over from the movies into the books I hear.

Also, I drew this. Yes the art sucks. Bear with me, rough sketch in paint with mouse.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=37097&id=100000321003692&saved