Terminator 5 Director Could Resurrect Sarah Connor

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Arkynomicon said:
Ulquiorra4sama said:
While i doubt that this could in any way hurt the franchise any further, seeing as it's already plunged headlong into a sinkhole, i really don't get why anyone would think someone still gives a shit about Terminator.
Well, Terminator is a part of a lot of peoples childhood so they are milking that nostalgia.
Yeah, but i mean apart from the nostalgia. It's kinda like the critisism that's been slapping Conan in the face lately. That it's outdated and unnecessary for everyone except the diehard fans.

Not that i've seen the latest Conan movie, i'm just reciting what i've heard.

fire-exit-man

Standing on the Edge of Reason
Oct 6, 2010
Shamanic Rhythm said:
fire-exit-man said:
Really? Just, really? They're going to reboot Terminator now?

Is there anything left in the entertainment world that is actually reboot proof? I'm starting to get confused as to why people only seem interested in rebooting old franchises rather than, say, making brand new ones.

It can't just be a lack of imagination, can it?
If I had to make an educated guess, it's because like everyone else Hollywood are terrified of the ongoing financial turmoil, and rather than taking on a project which involves ANY kind of risk, and by risk I mean anything that is synonymous with creativity, they've elected to just reboot old movies that were already proven successes.

This is what happens when you let art be controlled by people who care only for investments.
You make an interesting point, and it makes sense for the soulless (as I see them) investors to put more stake in something that was already popular but... That's the problem, old IPs that were popular in other generations aren't going to necessarily be popular with today's markets.

Hell, we've had reboots of everything from 80's children's toys (Transformers) to IP's that, while old, have already been rejigged for the modern age (Prince of Persia). It seems like not only are people starting to think that anything can be rebooted, but that they AREpretty much starting to reboot everything, even recent IPs (Spiderman).

What we seem to be getting is a great decrease in quality in the reboots themselves as companies desperately try to make old IPs that were popular before, popular again, hell just look at the new Conan film!

I get that times are tough for everyone (because they really are) but come on Hollywood, give us some originality!

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
How about they make a move around her death, leave her fucking dead and not violate a franchise that isn't THAT fucked up needlessly.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Dammit Escapist, you just reminded me that there were Terminator movies after 2. Now I have to go get a mind wipe again.