Terraria Goes to Consoles, PC Gamers Go Nuts

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
The Terraria Facebook page is currently not a happy place as PC gamers, an inherently insecure bunch to begin with, vent their rage over what they seem to see as a betrayal of... well, something.
It seems like half my comments nowadays are just pointing out how unprofessional this site's news articles are. Seriously, why make this comment?

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
my only reaction when i read this was that the PC 'fans' of the games are assholes. not all of them, but most vocal ones are. how is this not good news? the creators get more money and the game can be enjoyed by more people who don't own a PC for this kind of stuff.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
HA! You are all just jealous of the PC master race! All you console peasants should go rot in the holes like the peasants you are! All glory to the PC master race! /heavy, heavy sarcasm

I game mainly on PC, it's my choice for anything that's not exclusive to somewhere else. But the people complaining about this are just elitists, simple really.

Also Andy, really? Making comments like "an inherently insecure bunch" just makes you seem like the people this article was talking about. You're not a blog writer, you write news for one of the biggest gaming sites on the web, personal opinions and generalizations should be kept out of it. Don't stoop down to the levels of Fox News and The Daily Mail by making silly generalizations over a bunch of arseholes. I, as a PC gamer can say that the kinds of people in this article are the minority. Sure, they're probably insecure. But calling the ENTIRE PC gaming community insecure because of them is just a bit of a bad way of presenting the news. It may seem like I'm just nitpicking, but showing extreme bias and silly generalizations in any way, no matter how big or small isn't good when it comes to reporting the news.

Hell, why did anyone even NEED to bring the PC gaming elitists into this? You could have simply said "Terraria coming to consoles". Devoting half the article to how PC gaming elitists are well... elitists just makes the thing seem biased.

Nick Holmgren

Feb 13, 2010
the annoying thing is that it is a big announcement for an indie game.

That means the only people listening are people who own it.

People who would have liked more content perhaps.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
TwiZtah said:
ThaBenMan said:
Unbelievable... PC Elitism at it's worst. They should be happy that more people will get to play a great game, and that the developer will become more successful and in turn make more stuff. That is ridiculous that anybody should think the game belongs solely to the PC users.
Ahh, and how about the absolute shitrage all the console people threw when Dark Souls was announced for the PC? Both camps are equally stupid.
Or like when ps3 fanboys threw a fit when announced that final fantasy 13 would be on the x-box.
Or like x-box fanboys got pissed when Mass Effect went to the ps3.

As for me on the more systems it gets released the more people that can play/enjoy it.
Honestly i dislike exclusives a bit since it means that sometimes i "have to" buy a console just for one game >.>

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
God forbid the console players can't enjoy a game we PC gamers have enjoyed for a while now.

No, we can't have that. That would be terrible.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
>.>
<.<
since when is PC gamers getting pissy for no reason news?, so some game is going to the consoles, who cares. it won't effect you, so shut up

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Wow, I feel sorry for these developers.

And it's not like PC gamers will have features taken away or the controls changed.

Some PC gamers are just freakin' nuts.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Nick Holmgren said:
the annoying thing is that it is a big announcement for an indie game.

That means the only people listening are people who own it.

People who would have liked more content perhaps.
Yeah it seems like a bit of a PR blunder to promise a big surprise to people who wont benefit from it. I can understand some people getting disappointed if they expected actual updates to the game, or something like a sequel.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
You're missing an image of a late 80s/early 90's cartoon in your Destructoid copycat article. I'm getting pretty sick of gaems jurnalizm like this that does nothing except point out people that we are supposed to look down our noses at and the smug passive aggressive bullshit it encourages in every single fucking thread about anything. I thought you guys were better than this, but lately it appears not. And don't quote this post, I don't care.

Apr 28, 2008
What I want to know is, who's forcing this people to buy the game again. I keep seeing that complaint, that they're not forced to buy the game again. What, does Re-Logic send out agents that turn on your xbox and buy the game with your credit card or something?

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
Fr said:
anc[is]You're missing an image of a late 80s/early 90's cartoon in your Destructoid copycat article. I'm getting pretty sick of gaems jurnalizm like this that does nothing except point out people that we are supposed to look down our noses at and the smug passive aggressive bullshit it encourages in every single fucking thread about anything. I thought you guys were better than this, but lately it appears not. And don't quote this post, I don't care.
It gets funny when the author insults the main demographic of the website he is writing for.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Oh Andy, hating on the pc gamers again, aren't we?
While the facebook posts are pretty immature and stupid, when you visit the forums you will actually find that no one cares that the game comes to consoles. What they are upset about is the new content for consoles.
The devs of Terraria had to release it unfinished, because they needed money, but promised a lot of updates and new content.
The thing is that the content they delivered before stopping the updates was not what they promised before, but much less.
I don't have a problem with this personally, since i got a ton of fun for very little money out of terraria.
Many people were upset, but were not raging.
But now, after they had hoped for more updates, they see that the consoles are getting terraria and it seems that they are getting the version that was once promised to them.
And that pisses some people of.
Then again not me, but i understand were they are coming from.
But i guess calling pc gamers immature and whiny makes sense, since console gamers acted very mature and understanding when dark souls was announced for pc ...
oh wait...

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Andy Chalk said:
The Terraria Facebook page is currently not a happy place as PC gamers, an inherently insecure bunch to begin with, vent their rage over what they seem to see as a betrayal of... well, something.
It seems like half my comments nowadays are just pointing out how unprofessional this site's news articles are. Seriously, why make this comment?
I can understand the articles on this site being of a slightly less professional nature but even I'm getting irritated by these little jabs at PC gamers Andy has been making over the last few weeks.

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
Ickorus said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Andy Chalk said:
I can understand the articles on this site being of a slightly less professional nature but even I'm getting irritated by these little jabs at PC gamers Andy has been making over the last few weeks.
Jokes in an article are fine, but stuff like this:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.286870-Psychology-Study-Blames-Games-for-Aggressive-Behavior
is just embarrassing.
Why should anyone take the medium seriously when our journalists treat news articles like their personal blogs?

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
TheKasp said:
Treblaine said:
PC gamers are rightfully mad for not getting content for a game that they supported enough to exist at all.

PC gamers are fed up to the back teeth with having to chose between the fully-featured but poorly executed console version or the ideal PC version with cut content.
Okay, nowhere is it stated that the additional content will be console exclusive. There is no info on that at all.
That's not what I heard, but it's good to know that this isn't the case.

If the current abandonment of PC version is to be reversed and the new content will be egalitarianly available for all versions, then there is nothing to complain about...

... if what you say is actually true.

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
I do have to wonder who they thought they were announcing this to. >.>

The only people on that fan page are very likely people who already own the game on the PC, why would they want to be teased, and then given an announcement that a game they already own, which hasn't been updated for sometime, will now be getting a console port with content that they can't have?

That's not to say this justifies the fans' behavior, however. I wouldn't use "happy" to describe my feelings about it either, but there's no reason to go and rage about it so hard. It won't solve anything.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
Yeah, I have terraria on PC and I'm 99% percent sure that I haven't gone bat-shit crazy over any of this, I don't feel betrayed by the developers nor do I believe that the number of people that the writer has reported to have gone bat-shit crazy have gone anything more than mildly annoyed.