Terrible movies that you like

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
People say 'The Warriors' is a bad film. Because it is. No one who was paid for that ever heard of this 'acting' thing, but I love it with all my heart. It was probably one of the first things my older brother shared with me without any malice. That might add to why I like it. That and it's awesome.
Anyone saying The Warriors is a bad movie needs to 'come and out plaayyyyyy'.

Barb Wire

My god is it bad but it has Pam Anderson when she was still hot, it is really really bad but also so so good.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
I have a soft spot for final fantasy: advent children. Probably because I have no idea what the story is about anyway. All I see is a movie full of over the top badassery. I mean, about 10 minutes in there's a swordfight on motorcycles and it just gets wackier from there. Here, just look at this: Look me in the eye and tell me that's not freaking awesome. I dare you.

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
bliebblob said:
I have a soft spot for final fantasy: advent children. Probably because I have no idea what the story is about anyway. All I see is a movie full of over the top badassery. I mean, about 10 minutes in there's a swordfight on motorcycles and it just gets wackier from there. Here, just look at this: Look me in the eye and tell me that's not freaking awesome. I dare you.
Christ I used to adore that film. Some friends and I make fun of the scene where that kid Denzel decides to charge at that dragon near the climax, "Son of a...*****!" The delivery of that line always cracks me up.

imperialwar said:
I never understood why the alternate ending to I am Legend was ever controversial, he lets the infected live ? so the accepted ending is to kill anyone that's different then you ? wow ok.
I can answer that one actually, the alternate ending with Neville letting the infected live was actually the original ending, test audiences didn't like it and so it was replaced with the one shown in theaters. The thing is the "controversial" ending is actually the better one and meshes better with the original book's theme.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I was going to say Starship Troopers, but I have one even worse: The Wiz (yes, the same that Nostalgia Critic reviewed, the one with Michael Jackson as the Scarecrow)

PS captcha: Outlook not so good You bet it, captcha!

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I like the Spider Horror Film Eight Legged Freaks, in which mutated Spiders attack a town and try to eat everyone. It's not too bad, but it's not a great film. Still, the Spider Models are fantastic, and the last 3rd where everyone is fighting gigantic spiders is fantastic. I really enjoy that film.

TheMigrantSoldier

Nov 12, 2010
Prometheus. The characters are incredibly incompetent, stupid and one dimensional, there are plot holes and contrivances from head to toe, and the themes and symbols felt simply thrown in and messy.

Still, it had fun moments and nice special effects. It also got me interested in the actual Alien series.

Sep 14, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Disney's Treasure Planet

Overabandance of CGI, kinda obnoxious characters, and bad comedy, in a universe that has very little internal logic. The whole thing gets saved though by the character of Long John Silver, who just steals the show whenever he's on screen (not that that's too hard to do). He's just this big chunky pirate with the most stereotypical voice performance that still ends up being very nuanced. And his relationship with Jim Hawkins is probably one of the better ones in a Disney movie. I even kind of like the dumb angsty song... sorry.
Yeah I always feel like this movie got swept under the rug a bit too fast, you're right in alot of your descriptions, but surprisingly I think they all blob together really well in the movie. Between the cyborg, morph and jim (a character relationship I enjoy) they really bring the movie together, even with a few "feels" moments....and yes, the dumb angsty music is justified in this case, maybe it's nostalgia talking since I saw this as a kid when it came out, but I still like it.

OT:

Oh buy, terrible movies that I like?....can I just say all of them? Seriously, open up any famous movie critics top 100 movies and worst 100 movies, and they are probably complete opposite of mine. I love horrible/cheesy/bad movies with a passion, I grew up on kung pow, master of disguise, all the adam sandler movies and south park, my funny bone lines up directly with horrible movies.

BUT, I'll nominate kung pow: enter the fist, to this day my friends and I quote it all the time and it never gets old, and some of the ideas in the movie are just so bizarre that they end up working for that exact reason.

Mr.Mattress said:
I like the Spider Horror Film Eight Legged Freaks, in which mutated Spiders attack a town and try to eat everyone. It's not too bad, but it's not a great film. Still, the Spider Models are fantastic, and the last 3rd where everyone is fighting gigantic spiders is fantastic. I really enjoy that film.
ohhh this was a good one too, forgot about this movie!

Hannabella Doe

May 7, 2011
Oh god there are so many (especially since I see watching a bad movie as a adventure.) But if one was to twist my arm back and ask me this question, it would have to be the 2004 adaptation of Phantom of the Opera. While I understand the problems that people have with them and see the many flaws, I can't help but sincerely like this film (and not just ironically.)

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Panned by Bruce Willis himself as the movie he wish he never did: The Hudson Hawk.

I still say it's the best movie he's ever done. It's just outright fantastic fun and quirky characters.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Blow_Pop said:
Terrible review wise. Obviously I don't think it's terrible but reviews say otherwise. Personally I adore the hell out of the soundtrack and really like the movie also i like that i'm the one that got quoted even though at least 3 people above me mentioned it first
F*ck reviews, I liked that movie!

Actually, it got me in trouble with my family because I *coughillegallydownloadedcough* after watching it in theaters and my aunt, who I was living with, got an email from her ISP. Awkward family politics ahoy!

I don't live with my aunt anymore.

Linksmash

Sep 9, 2013
Got to agree with the suckerpunch and Big Trouble love.
Personally my fave film at the mo is Southland Tales, an utterly demented film that was critically savaged.

Small Moon Rabbit

Oct 22, 2014
Oh... ummm how come most of the movies in this thread are ones I like.

Not The Bees said:
I think Tremors is the best movie ever, but I know technically it's a B movie that is supposed to be terrible. But it's so great. And the Children of the Corn movies, I watch them every year, all of them. Except Genesis, because screw that one. And...there's so many bad horror movies that are so much fun to watch. I don't think I can name them all.
I'm sorry but Tremors is NOT the best movie ever made, its the second best movie ever made after Hawk The Slayer. I'm fairly sure that is a factual statement... full of completely true facts.

But seriously I really do love Hawk The Slayer. It was one of my favorite films as a kid. I loved it totally un-ironically and it was only quite recently I found out that many people think its a terrible film. However I counter that by asking you how any film with this soundtrack could be anything but awesome? (Skip to 2.20 for the musak).

Geo88

Nerdy Wordsmith
Jul 20, 2010
The Adventures of Pluto Nash.

I effing love that movie. Everything from Jay Mohr's Scottish crooning in the beginning ("They're movin' father's grave to build a sewerrrrr! They're movin' him regardless of expense!") to the technology to the characters, especially Randy Quaid's portrayal of Pluto's android buddy, Bruno. I thought the plot was fun and exciting with a couple of interesting twists thrown in.

I am apparently one of 12-15 people in the world who liked this movie. I've read a ton of the reviews of it, and I have to agree with a lot of them. Eddie Murphy pretty much steals the show with his charisma, there are at least a couple of massive deus ex machinas, and it's all pretty nonsensical.

But I can't help loving it.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I have a rule. I don't consider a movie terrible when it does more right than wrong. The story could be utterly stupid, but if it's fun to watch, then it's good in that way.

Which is why I mention Dynamite Warrior and The Protector, because I don't like all the scenes. It's either sluggish, poorly acted, or just plain stupid, but I love those over the top fight scenes. I really like Tony Jaa's style. Seeing him falcon knee and elbow all these evil bastards is so satisfying.

Hawki said:
Hmm...I'm not sure that "terrible" is the word I'd use to describe any of these movies, but movies that I like that aren't exactly popular include (off the top of my head):

-The Matrix Reloaded (third film is very average, but the second, while not as good as the first, is still a good film IMO)

-Starship Troopers (another user has included it - I'm not aware of anyone calling it a bad film, but regardless, it's still an enjoyable film, with good action, and nice humour)
These are great movies. They have no place on your list, since they are popular because everyone knows them, and they were a big deal at the time.

Just because there are some people who demand perfection to the story or whatever and call movies bad when they don't completely add up, doesn't mean they get the final say. Matrix Reloaded and Starship Troopers are really really fun movies. Unlike the constant crap churned out now.

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
KissingSunlight said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
"Shoot 'Em Up" is one of the greatest movies ever made, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. Sure the plot doesn't really make sense, and neither do the physics, but shut up the movie doesn't need things like logic when it's nothing but pure distilled badass.

Gunfight while skydiving? Got it. Gunfight while having sex? Got it. Gunfight while giving birth? Got it. Gunfight sans guns? Got it. This movie has everything.

I would actually unironically say that this is Clive Owen's best movie role.
I love Shoot 'Em Up as well. It's a live action Warner Bros. cartoon. Emphasized by the fact that Clive Owens is chewing on a carrot like Bugs Bunny through out the movie.

I honestly think Sucker Punch is one of the best movies in the past 10 years. Other than Movie Bob, I don't know anyone else who agrees with me.
Totally agree man shootem up was great and your not the only on who thought Sucker punch was amasing.