Terrifying Mega Beedrill And Majestic Mega Pidgeot Revealed For Pokemon OR/AS

prpshrt

Jun 18, 2012
I really want this. But I'm hoping they release an emerald version so gonna hold out <_<

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Danm I really want to use Beedrill now (I always wanted to see a honet Pokemon) but I still put off that its stats is low compared to other Pokemon like Gardivour and Swampert etc.

I'm pretty sure we are going to see Mega Butterfree next for sure!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
That Sableye tho. It was already Shedinja type defensive, I wonder what hiding behind that big jewel will do. I kind of want to see it hide behind a Wabbafet just for the frustrating fifty minute battles.

Somewhere Egoraptor just jizzed in his pants seeing that Mega Beedrill. But I was always saying Pidgeot was missing some blue, good for it.

Chris Ingersoll

Jun 21, 2013
EHKOS said:
That Sableye tho. It was already Shedinja type defensive, I wonder what hiding behind that big jewel will do.
Just yesterday I told my wife that all OR/AS needed to do in order to ensure my purchase was to show me Mega Sableye. And dammit, now they have.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
I got another picture of your Mega Latias right here...

What? Someone HAD to spot the similarity.

OT: I'd follow up with a Nicholas Cage Bees joke, but it seems you've all done that for me. Thanks.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Beedrill is utterly, 100% useless; even frakking Mawile was more useful on the whole, and we all saw how much mega-evolution helped that poke out (read: not at all).

Pidgeot, I get (it's not a bad poke), but Beedrill? Frankly, I don't know why they even bothered.

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
Am I the only one who seems more excited at the final image, where it appears to be in game 'riding Mega Lati around to the lands of B/W and D/P' implied?

Jan 27, 2011
Oh god.

Beedrill was already scary enough. If I saw MEGA bedrill in real life, I'd have a heart attack and DIE on the spot. ;_;

*/me has a phobia for wasps*

Seanfall

May 3, 2011
MegaBeedrill fuck yeah! Oooh Beedrill was one of my favorite First Gen pokemon! Also Pidgeot becomes a super Sayain.

Travis Fischer

Feb 1, 2012
"Nightmare inducing" seems pretty hyperbolic. Adaptability will give it an okay strong X-Scissor and Poison Jab, but unless its Attack boost from mega-evolving is out of this world, it's not anything to be too concerned about. Bug and Poison attacks don't make for particularly good type coverage.

And that's if it gets a hit off in the first place. Unless it gets a crazy speed boost (and that's if it gets it at all. Remember, they said Mega-Charizard Y would be getting a speed boost and that didn't happen.) it'll still be average speed at best. Without a significant boost in HP and Defense/Sp Defense, it'll still get one-shot by a lot of attacks. Mega-Blaziken and Talonflame in particular are commonly used Pokemon that will probably not only be faster than Mega-Beedrill, but will destroy it in one hit.

The fact is that glass cannons like Mega-Beedrill don't generally make it into competitive play.

Mega-Pidgeot looks a little scarier. No-Guard is built to compliment Hurricane, which could make Mega-Pidgeot kind of scary depending on the stat boost it gets.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Remember when Digimon came out in the States and everyone claimed it was just a Pokemon ripoff, despite massively transparent differences?

So Pokemon are now Mega-Digivolving, yeah?

Travis Fischer

Feb 1, 2012
prpshrt said:
I really want this. But I'm hoping they release an emerald version so gonna hold out <_<
They won't. If they were going to, they wouldn't be hyping Mega-Rayqyaza for this version.

Nosirrah

Apr 16, 2013
Steven Bogos said:
bird-type Pidgeot
BIRD-TYPE PIDGEOT
BIRD-TYPE
*foams at the mouth*
Anyway, I'm quite liking these new megas. I hope they add mega swellow or mightyena.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Scrythe said:
Remember when Digimon came out in the States and everyone claimed it was just a Pokemon ripoff, despite massively transparent differences?

How is it at all ripping off digivolving? It's just another stage of evolution. Which IIRC, Pokemon was doing already.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Laser Priest said:
Scrythe said:

How is it at all ripping off digivolving? It's just another stage of evolution. Which IIRC, Pokemon was doing already.
I never said that.

I was pointing out the blatant similarities between the properties coupled with the bickering accusations of between fandoms.

Yes, I realize that there are vast differences between the series as a whole, but the evolution mechanic boils down to the same basic concept of "upping the power level". I just found it amusing that Pokemon fans give Digimon shit for "And then we discovered we can go one level higher" thread, when Pokemon does the exact same shit.

Besides, it's not just those properties that do it. You can find the same concept in Dragonball Z or s-CRY-ed or Kill la Kill or Super Sentai whetever the hell is popular these days.

I'm not saying this concept is bad in any way, but let's not throw baseless accusations of theft when it's a common Japanese trope.

Travis Fischer

Feb 1, 2012
Never played the games, but assuming the digi-volving mechanics work similar to the show, then Pokemon is definitely imposing a bit into Digimon's turf with temporary evolutions.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
prpshrt said:
They won't. They didn't do the third game for the Gen1 or Gen2 remakes. What they'll probably do is incorporate story elements from the third game into the two. Most likely having Wallace become the League Champion instead of Steven and have Juan take over the Sootopolis gym. (Epic nerd-out here.)

OT: Wtf are Palkia and Dialga doing in there?! This ain't no Gen4 bullshit!

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Scrythe said:
I never said that.

I was pointing out the blatant similarities between the properties coupled with the bickering accusations of between fandoms.

Yes, I realize that there are vast differences between the series as a whole, but the evolution mechanic boils down to the same basic concept of "upping the power level". I just found it amusing that Pokemon fans give Digimon shit for "And then we discovered we can go one level higher" thread, when Pokemon does the exact same shit.

Besides, it's not just those properties that do it. You can find the same concept in Dragonball Z or s-CRY-ed or Kill la Kill or Super Sentai whetever the hell is popular these days.

I'm not saying this concept is bad in any way, but let's not throw baseless accusations of theft when it's a common Japanese trope.
No offense but the whole complaint seems pointless to me then. And the way you phrased it, it sounded like you were accusing pokemon of ripping off of Digimon.

Plus, it goes beyond just the evolution and into the cutesy monsters that (at least in the shows) fight alongside their child trainer-type people.