**Terror in Oslo** UPDATE: Anders Breivik gets 8 weeks of custody

Sep 11, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
norwegian-guy said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Christian and an Extreme left?

Wow, and he killed over a Hundred people, most of them children. It his damn fault though.
This has to stop. He is a extremist RIGHTwing lunatic. The 'leftist' was an error. It has been noted several times.
Woah, calm down skippy.

I was already quoted and told.
And your quoter has alread been quoted and told.

Quoteception?

Gwarr

Mar 24, 2010
I'm shocked a Norwegian was capable of doing such a monstrosity . When I was on a vacation in Norway , people were so polite , everything seemed so peaceful , I actually wanted to come back this year . I usually don't assume everyone is the same based on some people I knew , but literally EVERYONE was so nice to me during my trip there , offering me tips on the best routes for skiing and always telling me to stay safe(which didn't happen in Austria for example , where people seemed so distant and cold :( ) . Truly tragic a monster like this exists in a otherwise peaceful nation.

P.Tsunami

Feb 21, 2010
I'm not even going to read this thread, just barely saw some stuff I'd rather not right now.

As a resident of Oslo with friends in the Social Democratic youth organization that was targeted, this is a rather tough time. With the news that over 80 casualties are confirmed, and not having heard from my friend for twelve hours, I fear the worst.

Mojo requested.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
norwegian-guy said:
Dr. wonderful said:
norwegian-guy said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Christian and an Extreme left?

Wow, and he killed over a Hundred people, most of them children. It his damn fault though.
This has to stop. He is a extremist RIGHTwing lunatic. The 'leftist' was an error. It has been noted several times.
Woah, calm down skippy.

I was already quoted and told.
Sorry, it's just that I've been following the topic all night and this thing keeps popping up.
I understand. You must be going through hell.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Chapper said:
This really hasn't sunk into me yet, but I know that we haven't had anything like this, I don't know, since the war or something. I'll be monitoring this for the days to come.

I am also very confused. Why? What have we done?

EDIT:

Yeah, as for reasons why, I'll wager our involvement in Libya and Afghanistan is high up on the list. Both Al-Quida and Ghaddafi have made direct threats to Norway.
This is kind of what we felt like on 9/11. It's a tragedy, and I feel for Norway.

But don't do the same mistake we(US) did. Don't let it get to your heads.

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
Pinkamena said:
Evertw said:
I don't want to believe it. Why the children, for fucks sake why the children.

He showed up in a gray minivan and a police uniform, something should have rung in security's head.
Would you have denied a police officer to check on the safety on a large gathering during a possible terrorist attack?
I would have certainly questioned the scope on one of the guns, and yes, that would have given me cause to make sure this guy had righteous i.d. and I would have checked his authority. That's how it's supposed to work. Anyone who works with security (such as say a police officer) knows this is normal procedure and would comply without a second thought. If they don't you know you have a problem right then and yes that's when it gets ugly quick but at least they didn't get the drop on you.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
zehydra said:
Chapper said:
This really hasn't sunk into me yet, but I know that we haven't had anything like this, I don't know, since the war or something. I'll be monitoring this for the days to come.

I am also very confused. Why? What have we done?

EDIT:

Yeah, as for reasons why, I'll wager our involvement in Libya and Afghanistan is high up on the list. Both Al-Quida and Ghaddafi have made direct threats to Norway.
This is kind of what we felt like on 9/11. It's a tragedy, and I feel for Norway.

But don't do the same mistake we(US) did. Don't let it get to your heads.
And into your politician's rhetoric. That's a biggie, as well.

norwegian-guy

Jan 17, 2011
Father Time said:
Pinkamena said:
Okie Dokie Lokie! The guy behind all this mess have been identified as a conservative christian, and extreme leftist
How the fuck can you be an extreme leftist and a conservative at the same time?
If you had checked a few other posts you would have noted that several times over it has been cleared that the OP has an error. Where the OP say leftist the lunatic behind this is a rightwing extremist.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
...where did you get the part about extreme leftist? I just did some research on him, doesn't seem "left" in any sense of the word.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Oh god...at least 80 confirmed dead from the shooting at the camp, and they're still searching the island and the waters around it.

I usually would advocate against this, but I hope they keep the guy just long enough to make him talk--find any co-conspirators--and then give him the most brutal, painful death possible. You don't shoot 80 people and get to walk away with anything less than an execution in a just world. Hell, a simple execution would be generous for this guy.

I really wish there were something I could be doing to help right now.

Also, I have a feeling that this is going to be as big a deal as 9/11 was in many ways. First terrorist attack on Norway in recent history, the guy targeted a youth camp for the shooting, the bombs were a pretty apparent attempt to kill the prime minister, etc. And the shootings make this the largest spree kill/shooting in history.

To me, there really can be no punishment too severe for someone like that, and any co-conspirators who helped him.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
HOLY SHIT!!
he killed over 80 people?!

thats more than the Americas 3 deadliest rampages in our history!

this couldn't have been the work of one crazed lunatic, there had to more of these people.

there is a special place in hell for this kind of insane evil.

Sep 11, 2009
MaxwellEdison said:
...where did you get the part about extreme leftist? I just did some research on him, doesn't seem "left" in any sense of the word.
It's mistake done by Pinkamena, I've sent him a PM but he's gone to sleep.

Now, would you please stop pointing it out. This is the 6th time I'm doing this! xD

MrWake

Jul 20, 2011
God, some of the arguments in this forum are truly terrible.
Stop with the bloody religion arguments people!

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Killerowl said:
MaxwellEdison said:

Now, would you please stop pointing it out. This is the 6th time I'm doing this! xD
I think it's better to have everyone point out the error than run the risk of people getting misinformation about this issue. Perhaps you should just stop responding to people who have pointed it out. :p

Sep 11, 2009
MaxwellEdison said:
Killerowl said:
MaxwellEdison said:

I think it's better to have everyone point out the error than run the risk of people getting misinformation about this issue. Perhaps you should just stop responding to people who have pointed it out. :p
Never! But on the other hand I do need some sleep, it's 7:16 AM and I haven't slept...

Jubbert

Apr 3, 2010
Did he kill 80 people by shooting on the island, or is that 80 people by combining the deaths on the island and the bombs in the city?

DrJapple

Mar 15, 2011
Jubbert said:
Did he kill 80 people by shooting on the island, or is that 80 people by combining the deaths on the island and the bombs in the city?
That's 80 from just the shooting.