**Terror in Oslo** UPDATE: Anders Breivik gets 8 weeks of custody

Sep 11, 2009
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Savber said:
A conservative Christian who's an extreme leftist.

Isn't that an oxymoron? ;P

Unless the leftist of Norway has the same belief as the religious right of America.
I'll save Killerowl a post and reiterate what he said:

Pinkamena made a mistake. PM was sent. And I would like to meet a conserative leftist.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! And so would I!

And what do we have here:
Dr. wonderful said:
Christian and an Extreme left?
It's a mistake!

Barblade

Jul 11, 2009
I know a couple of the people who were on that island. Some of them were injured, but none of them died. They were lucky.

This is truly a sad day for Norway.

Everyone I know have been sitting at home watching the news the entire day and it has become worse and worse.

My heart goes out to the victims and their friends and family.

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
Killerowl said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Savber said:
A conservative Christian who's an extreme leftist.

Isn't that an oxymoron? ;P

Unless the leftist of Norway has the same belief as the religious right of America.
I'll save Killerowl a post and reiterate what he said:

Pinkamena made a mistake. PM was sent. And I would like to meet a conserative leftist.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! And so would I!

And what do we have here:
Dr. wonderful said:
Christian and an Extreme left?
It's a mistake!
KILL IT WITH FIRE, IT'S SPREADING ILLITERACY

also you can be conservative christian and leftist, if you are saying that leftist is not liberal and instead communist (its original meaning), which Is what I had originally thought until I actually read the thread.

has any one heard of read before you post? jeez

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
wow..... Can't people stop doing all this stupid stuff what do they have to prove why would anyone do this

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
Best of the 3 said:
qeinar said:
Best of the 3 said:
qeinar said:
Best of the 3 said:
qeinar said:
this just in: 80 people confirmed dead on "utøya". (where the bastard shot people).
Do you have a source? Not saying you're wrong, just want to read / see it myself if possible.
well it's hard if you don't understand norwegian, but there's a press conferance atm: http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/live

this is the last number the police gave, but their expecting the numbers to rise a bit.
Is alright. Eiter google translate or my mum are about to beco my new best friend. x3

And yeah, they will probably rise. 10 from the bomb, 80 confirmed for the shooting. Add probably 10 more unconfirmed ones. I'm gonna go aroun the 100 dead mark. It really is horrible.
A lot of people were trying to swim away and were shot so they probably need divers to find more of the dead people. if you search for "atleast 80 killed in norway" you'll find some english sources. ^^
Oh yeah, it was on an island wasn't it? Those poor people =(
Yeah pretty insane, it's a good bit to swim to get to the mainland.

Dr.Panties

Dec 30, 2010
It's an awful day for Norway, and here's a typically awfully executed quote from one Australian news source:

"I saw many dead people," said Elise, whose father, Vidar Myhre, didn't want her to disclose her last name.

(This sort of stuff just adds anger to my sadness)

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Excerpted from my fbook status:

17 dead in Norway. This was not the work of Al-Qaeda. This was not the work of religious fervor from the Middle East. This was the work of a man who hated freedom. This was the work of a man who feared 'terrorism' so much that he became the face of what he hated.

Islam did not kill those people with bombs, or shoot children on Outer Island. It was a man, an embodiment of intolerance, the face of the new fear. Are there muslims who hate? Yes. But they are not the face of Islam, any more than this killer in Norway is the face of Christianity, or of Norwegian ideals.

Hatred transcends religion, it transcends ideology, and it transcends political lines. The war on terror is foolish; most terrorist attacks have been, and always will be, performed on home soil by the ones who live there. The madness must stop. The hatred must stop. This is insanity. My heart is with Norway today, who will bravely rise above this, and will not allow this man to destroy freedom, or demolish peace.

Do not let the men, women, and children taken by terrorism die in vain. Freedom will never bow to the likes of villains and madmen such as the gunman/bomber in Norway.

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
CNN just reported the death toll in the shooting is over 80.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/22/norway.explosion/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

It's a wonderful world we live in.

Sep 11, 2009
DracoSuave said:
Excerpted from my fbook status:

17 dead in Norway. This was not the work of Al-Qaeda. This was not the work of religious fervor from the Middle East. This was the work of a man who hated freedom. This was the work of a man who feared 'terrorism' so much that he became the face of what he hated.

Islam did not kill those people with bombs, or shoot children on Outer Island. It was a man, an embodiment of intolerance, the face of the new fear. Are there muslims who hate? Yes. But they are not the face of Islam, any more than this killer in Norway is the face of Christianity, or of Norwegian ideals.

Hatred transcends religion, it transcends ideology, and it transcends political lines. The war on terror is foolish; most terrorist attacks have been, and always will be, performed on home soil by the ones who live there. The madness must stop. The hatred must stop. This is insanity. My heart is with Norway today, who will bravely rise above this, and will not allow this man to destroy freedom, or demolish peace.

Do not let the men, women, and children taken by terrorism die in vain. Freedom will never bow to the likes of villains and madmen such as the gunman/bomber in Norway.
I love this!

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
80 and counting:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article13363639.ab

*Swedish news*

They are still in need of blood if you happen to live close by.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
I am off to bed. Again, my condolenses go out to all of Norway, especially to the familes. May the dead now rest in peace.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
I can't believe Pinkie Pie is reporting on a massacre, but it seems oddly fitting.

Anyway... this guy is probably the first (only?) modern Christian terrorist. I hope he hangs.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
I am just stunned by the news. Dear friend of mine was nearby the explosion and...my heart just goes out to my Norwegian friends. This is a truly sad day.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Udyrfrykte said:
@Arontala. You want to strangle people? People who are angry because their country has been attacked and possibly lost loved ones? You know what makes me incredibly fucking angry? Self-righteous losers like you.
Self righteous? He's just pissed that in times of crisis the first thing that everyone does is blame Muslims and proceed to tarnish their names further. That's not self righteous at all. Its not exactly a stretch to ask people to not go pointing fingers and spouting off baseless accusations while the police find out who the hell did it.

Christ, that's how lynch mobs get started.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
kebab4you said:
80 and counting:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article13363639.ab

*Swedish news*

They are still in need of blood if you happen to live close by.
They only accept registered blood donors atm since they don't have time to check everyone, also they would only like blood type O.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Jesus Christ. This is fucking ridiculous.

This man is going to burn in his own hell.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
I don't know about anyone else, but I want this fucker's head on pike after this is done. There's too much blood on two hands for this atrocity to go unanswered. My heart goes out to all affected, and I hope that son of a ***** is brought to justice.

Sep 11, 2009
Udyrfrykte said:
Confirmed at least 87 casualties...
And the "muslims" were blamed because Al-Quida said very early that they had done it. Why do you think they were blamed? Because they are one ones who have done it nearly every other fucking time(muslims/muslim terrorist groups), it was quite easy to draw the (wrong) conclusion.

So get off your high horses. Think for a second about _why_ people make the assumptions they do. You shout racism? Why don't we blame the blacks or the asians then? There are clearly roots behind the fears and assumptions of the common people, but you pretend that your view of the world is so much better. It's only more idealistic.

People have been angry (me included), and lashed out at the self-proclaimed guilty or whatever seemed most logical. Why isnt it logical? 9/11, London bombings, Stockholm bombing, Moscow - Red Square, just at the top of my head. OF COURSE people believed it was muslims, even without al-quida taking the blame. What's so hard to understand about that? And everyone who has ever been in contact with other human beings know what we look for scapegoats in times like these.

My point is:
We had good reasons to believe it was muslims. Got angry. Realized it was a norwegian. Still angry, but now at him. This guy will be the most hated since Quisling. He won't get any slack for being Norwegian.
Anyhow, I don't promote racism at all, but you should be understanding of why people get fired up in a situation like this. And the truth is that there is a increasing tension amongst norwegians and immigrants due to the crimes and the strain they put on the system, which probably doesn't make people any less triggerhappy.

@Arontala. You want to strangle people? People who are angry because their country has been attacked and possibly lost loved ones? You know what makes me incredibly fucking angry? Self-righteous losers like you.
Did you know that only 6% of the terrorist attacks in the US are done by muslims?
That percentage is even lower in Europe.

But I don't blame people that pointed fingers at muslims, because it's the media that is to blame for that. Insulting the religion on the other hand is something I don't have much toleration for.

But this is not where we are going to discuss this.