Test Your Mario Knowledge!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Test Your Mario Knowledge!

To celebrate the release of Super Mario Galaxy 2, we're throwing a Mario Party here at Chez Escape, and you know what that means: It's quiz time!

This isn't just any old quiz, though. For something this special, not only did we supersize the quiz to a whopping 20 questions, but we're also doing something brand new. You'll get a badge for completing it, but your score will determine what badge you get. You only get one shot at a badge, so be careful! Unless, of course, you actually want to be a goomba. (Hey, we don't judge.)

As usual, you can take as long as you like on the quiz, and take it as many times as you like, but the score you get the first time you finish the quiz is what will determine the badge you receive.

Ready? Then let's-a go! (Take the Quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/82])

For more Mario fun, be sure to check out our Mario Party! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/misc/7593-Welcome-to-The-Escapists-Mario-Party]

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Lol at first I was like "Oh Yeah Mario bring it on!"

And then the first question was about the movie.

:(

*closes window*

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Nice quiz. I really liked that one. Although one of the questions is a little misleading I'll PM you with the issue.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
70%... Not bad, considering I haven't played any Mario games since the SNES era apart from Superstar Saga.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Deofuta said:

*closes window*
Well, it is ALL things Mario. But there's only one movie question. Suck it up, sunshine. :)

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
55% isn't too shabby, considering I have played only Super Mario Bros. Deluxe on the Game Boy Colour.

Calumon: Your a fanboy!

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Deofuta said:

*closes window*
Well, it is ALL things Mario. But there's only one movie question. Suck it up, sunshine. :)
It's not that I didn't understand why it was in the quiz, but I just simply have NO IDEA as to the answer. It demotivated me in the extreme :)

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
100% with 19 questions answered...hmm. I'm not sure how that works. However, I'm apparently a bigger Mario nerd than I thought, even though I never really played Bros. 2 or 3, or even Super Mario 64 that much.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
LeonLethality said:
Curses! 95% I would have gotten 100 but the not allowing you to fly question was misleading!
I wasn't too happy about this question either. Great quiz though.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Plinglebob said:
LeonLethality said:
Curses! 95% I would have gotten 100 but the not allowing you to fly question was misleading!
Yep, you're both right. It has since been change to avoid the issue.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Phew! That was a though one!! I had some trouble with the "no fly" question, but apparently, I'm too late for the "whine" party... =D Great quiz, and thanks for treating us on a Friday!
I don't see my badge though... *scratches head in puzzlement*

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Plinglebob said:
LeonLethality said:
Do we get another shot at the 100% badge then or is it too late?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
LeonLethality said:
Susan Arendt said:
Plinglebob said:
LeonLethality said:
Well, the badge for 20 right and 19 right is the same badge, so if that's the only one you got wrong, you're still ok.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Wow... That was hard. Much like the older mario games...
Well, I fluked through some of the questions, including the movie one!

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
LeonLethality said:
Susan Arendt said:
Plinglebob said:
LeonLethality said:
Well, the badge for 20 right and 19 right is the same badge, so if that's the only one you got wrong, you're still ok.
Huzzah! That's great news! Thanks.

Sikachu

Apr 20, 2010
The internet isn't in the USA, so unless you are intentionally trying to alienate readers from every other country in the world, you should refrain from phrasing questions like the one in the image below.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Are these badges temporary? It's just, I'm positive I can ace the quiz so I wouldn't mind deliberately jeopardising my own score to get a cooler badge :)