Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Wilcroft

Oct 31, 2008
got Day 2 #4. have to say, it was very well done.

binary is on the right track, you just need more character(s).
use the "American Standard", find the planet.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
Ne1butme said:
Ne1butme said:
idiot445 said:
Any one have any ideas for day 2 number 4? It's obviously not straight Morse code or straight Braille. Perhaps some binary? For anyone interested there are 28 different squares each made up of a 5x8 set of dots and dashes.
I tried binary, but at the 2nd grouping, it the value was way above 26.
Ok, i'm back to binary. 28 groupings, 14 different patterns. Then perhaps a substitution cipher. There are 5 instances of one pattern, I'll make a 'e'.
You are on the wrong track. Kind of. You do have to translate from binary, but you need to turn it INTO binary first. Try finding another common code, and see if it works.

jaketheripper

Jan 27, 2010
Jedamethis said:
Need 3 and 5.

3, I've got 'Draw Idol'? 'Aid World'? Never heard of any of the games an anagram site definitely didn't give me because I didn't use one. Honest.
>.>
<.<

5, haven't the foggiest.
DrunkMc said:
anthony87 said:
For the second one,
the sentence can be rewritten as Cry, Little Sister. Then shove the rewritten sentence together.
Thank You!

I still haven't gotten one, I have gotten them in reverse order, 5->4->3->2->???

I looked at it sideways, upside down and all around. I suck at these puzzles, cause I infer meaning into what I see, and keep it there even if it doesn't warrant it!
lololololol i had the game for number 5 on day 1 open on the "press start screen" and i look over and was like... wait... I FUCKING GOT IT!!! cuz its right there

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
Jedamethis said:
Need 3 and 5.

3, I've got 'Draw Idol'? 'Aid World'? Never heard of any of the games an anagram site definitely didn't give me because I didn't use one. Honest.
>.>
<.<

5, haven't the foggiest.
You have obviously translated the 3rd puzzle incorrectly. Go back, and try again. That should help.

For 5, it's a pretty new game, developed by Activision. Just wiki them, and you should get it sooner or later.

Wilcroft

Oct 31, 2008
XxRyanxX said:
Can anyone help me with #1 3 and 4 for Day 2 please...? I got #2 thanks to a spoiler one of the people gave me on here...but the other spoilers I didn't understand in the least. I'm sorry for being slow, but I really want to pass this. Please help!
solve the word puzzle. if you open the box, what is the cat? (read the wiki article for the puzzle solution if you aren't familiar with it)
3) I have no idea ( this isn't I hint, I can't solve it (yet))
use an "American Standard" for the alphabet and binary

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
Glamorgan said:
Ne1butme said:
Ne1butme said:
idiot445 said:
Any one have any ideas for day 2 number 4? It's obviously not straight Morse code or straight Braille. Perhaps some binary? For anyone interested there are 28 different squares each made up of a 5x8 set of dots and dashes.
Ok, i'm back to binary. 28 groupings, 14 different patterns. Then perhaps a substitution cipher. There are 5 instances of one pattern, I'll make a 'e'.
You are on the wrong track. Kind of. You do have to translate from binary, but you need to turn it INTO binary first. Try finding another common code, and see if it works.

Bloody Hell, That's awesome

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Quantum Roberts said:
Now now. Never fear. Y'see it all comes down to Shrodinger. The cat is either one OR the other.
Damn it; I was too confused by the fact that there's actually a game called
Quantum Theory
to think of that. Thanks.

jaketheripper

Jan 27, 2010
Fox242 said:
Here's a hint for those who don't want to type into Google:

Please allow me to introduce myself, I am a man of wealth and taste, but also have some sympathy for me as I am a fortunate son and I will not back down until I solve all of these riddles and help all of you.

Number 5 took me all of two seconds to solve because I happen to have a poster for this game directly on the wall about ten feet behind me. Thanks to everyone else to gave me the clues needed to solve 2,3, and 4.
i had it open to the press start screen right next to me cuz i thought this would be fast, its the exact same pic, i just looked over and was like wait... I SEE WHAT U DID THERE!

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
Ne1butme said:
Glamorgan said:
Ne1butme said:
Ne1butme said:
idiot445 said:

It is, actually. Just, after I've translated it from binary, I've gotten kinda stuck...

Wilcroft

Oct 31, 2008
Glamorgan said:
Ne1butme said:
Glamorgan said:
Ne1butme said:
Ne1butme said:
idiot445 said:

It is, actually. Just, after I've translated it from binary, I've gotten kinda stuck...
if you google your answer, it should show up. hint: location.
from there, who was he?
*Edit*: I think this is the best one so far.

jaketheripper

Jan 27, 2010
DrEmo said:
Hints:
Number one:
Think will all your might. Try rubbing your chin or tilting your head to the side.

Number 2:
Re-word the riddle. Synonyms.

Number 4:
Not a place for linen and lace, unless you want to dye it red.

Number 5:
Pay close attention to the picture. It's a name etched in a metal object (I thought it was a book at first.) Think of a game where you can engrave custom names into important metal objects (too obvious?)

My incorrect original answers (What I thought at first glance.)
1. Metroid: Other M (They look like m's)

2. Bioshock (Little sisters)

3. Didn't know.

4. Rez (Music, the brain... yeah...)

5. Silent Hill (I thought it was a name etched into the spine of a book. The color scheme reminded me of a survival horror game.)
5 is a survival horror game.... you need to survive noobs... and zombies

Stuberfinn88

Nov 13, 2009
Ive gotten all but Day 2 number 3, working on finding a title with all those letters.

Number 4 took me a little bit, The Clue/hint is a major help for the steps you need to take.
The Picture may look daunting, but only 1/5 of it is all you need to focus on!

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
newuseforvintage said:
GingerCactus said:
zombiestrangler said:
Tilt your head and think of space.
Cheers for that, finally got it!
Seriously this is doing my head in, I must have just not heard of this game...
Another hint please?
You have to follow the hint, very literally. Rotate the image, but not the characters. It's not M<M, but another set of characters entirely.

newuseforvintage

In Andre the Giant's posse
Sep 6, 2009
Glamorgan said:
You have to follow the hint, very literally. Rotate the image, but not the characters. It's not M<M, but another set of characters entirely.
I've tried everything I can think of :-(
3A3
W<W
I just don't get it!
*smashes forehead against keys*

Thatguykalem

Dec 13, 2010
OH MY GOD, I JUST GOT 2-2.

Another blindingly obvious one. The clue, "A lout of van swerves", actually explains to you how to find the answer.

Try saying that to yourself a few times, without any verbal bias: "Aloutofvanswerves". If you're still struggling to work that one out, send me a message.

And, another:

newuseforvintage said:
<spoiler=Pretty big spoiler>Turn that one upside down.

ajluczak

Jul 14, 2009
newuseforvintage said:
Glamorgan said:
I've tried everything I can think of :-(
3A3
W<W
I just don't get it!
*smashes forehead against keys*
Rotating your head isn't a bad idea, but onto the keyboard is the wrong 90 degrees. Try a different axis.