Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
C95J said:
I am no good with puzzles.

I looked through these forums then people talk about the number sequence, 978159582593, and you know who, then suddenly talk about a website with a hole??? What the hell is going on I understood where the numbers come from and the following step but I am lost from there on...
Maybe look at the freshest review of a certain book you should find if you know what to do with those numbers
You never know what you might find...

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
castlewise said:
Aidan Goldthorpe said:
Made it this far, now I'm stuck on the final hurdle.
Five numbers with the black background
and I have no idea what to do. The previous ciphers don't seem to work either.
Yeah, I've tried number-> letters and then looking for a cipher, but no luck so far.
Yeah, I'm puzzling with those right now too, and I'm stumped.

Did anyone actually figure them out, or did everyone guess the game before this step?

Gabriela D.

Dec 10, 2010
Chapper said:
castlewise said:
Aidan Goldthorpe said:
Made it this far, now I'm stuck on the final hurdle.
Five numbers with the black background
and I have no idea what to do. The previous ciphers don't seem to work either.
Yeah, I've tried number-> letters and then looking for a cipher, but no luck so far.
Yeah, I'm puzzling with those right now too, and I'm stumped.

Did anyone actually figure them out, or did everyone guess the game before this step?
I made it here and then took a guess because I was stumped.

Arrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!! Took me AGES! AGES I TELL YOU! A bit of advice: if you're seriously stumped, take a break to clear your mind. When you're somewhat relaxed, come back and look at the problem through another perspective. It helps.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Owlslayer said:
C95J said:

I looked through these forums then people talk about the number sequence, 978159582593, and you know who, then suddenly talk about a website with a hole??? What the hell is going on I understood where the numbers come from and the following step but I am lost from there on...
Maybe look at the freshest review of a certain book you should find if you know what to do with those numbers
yeah I did, and I got:

Mogworld, but there is no clue where to go from there, coupled with the fact that I am the worst person in the world at puzzles makes me wonder why I am even doing this in the first place... :p

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Yeah, it's dinner soon, and maybe after that I can come back...

TO THE MODS: My last exam is tomorrow, and if I fail because I didn't read enough, I'm blaming you!

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
yeah I did, and I got:

Mogworld, but there is no clue where to go from there, coupled with the fact that I am the worst person in the world at puzzles makes me wonder why I am even doing this in the first place... :p
Try looking in the forum. Pages 38-45 of this thread have a _lot_ of hints.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Okay, everyone seems to have guessed after the 5 numbers at the secret URL as far as I can tell. I'm stuck there as well, and if no one knows the real way to continue, can someone just plz PM me the answer and I'll see if I can figure anything out?

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
GeorgW said:
Okay, everyone seems to have guessed after the 5 numbers at the secret URL as far as I can tell. I'm stuck there as well, and if no one knows the real way to continue, can someone just plz PM me the answer and I'll see if I can figure anything out?

Yeah I call BS (in a friendlyish way). I don't know that anyone has really completed the puzzle yet ;) Or if they did they went to bed and aren't on the forums.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
I didn't even attempt to figure out day 5, I just guessed

hmm, what does the Escapist love more than basements and reference cookies?

That just leaves yesterday's puzzles...

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Oh. Oh come on.

It's not spelled that way, Escapist. I would have figured it out long ago if it were spelled that way.

Still, thanks for the awesome, awesome puzzle. Would love to see more.

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
havass said:
I don't feel guilty about adding all the hints up to solve the puzzle now, because i've never played that game before. Maybe I should go get it now.
And I find it amusing how I've tried entering this game multiple times for yesterday's puzzle. Oh well. Now that's over...I have to start closing all the various tabs that were required for this ONE puzzle.

Hint:
GIGANTIC SPOILER OF DOOM
Seriously? That's your "hint"? That's the freaking answer, not a hint.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
C95J said:
Owlslayer said:
C95J said:

yeah I did, and I got:

Don't worry, i suck at puzzles, too! But eventually i got it done, with a little bit of blind luck on my side.
I don't really want to give anything away, but at the same time I'm tempted to help...
I'll try to give a hint or two, but i hope it won't give away too much.
You got so far, that's good. But i already said something in my previous post that you should check. I even marked it in this post. And I'll give you one number that has to help you out of this pickle: 1343. It's not something directly connected to the puzzle (more like, this thread), but has some great help. With these two, i made it to the next level, and you should, too.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
Well that was a constructive use of many hours.

I hope you never get behind the wheel of the development of a puzzle game, as it would be just evil.

How long did it take you to cook up this intricate mess anyway?

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Hashime said:
Chrmike said:
Care to give us a hint Hashime?
All I will say is that as I was typing what all the people had in common it hit me like a piece of steel.
Yeah same here, I just got as I thinking what they all had in common.

The answer itself is amazing when you think about it.

-CarcharotH-

Sep 30, 2010
anthony87 said:
Hashime said:
Chrmike said:
All I will say is that as I was typing what all the people had in common it hit me like a piece of steel.

Yet more proof that the real puzzle is WHAT IS THE LAST STEP OF THIS PUZZLE?

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
I think the mods should go easy on the people giving hints and help and not bar them.
Honestly, these puzzles are quite hard, you could easily be here til the crows come home.
-Tabs<3-
-edit- I meant cows >.<
;)

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Sun Flash said:
I didn't even attempt to figure out day 5, I just guessed

hmm, what does the Escapist love more than basements and reference cookies?

That just leaves yesterday's puzzles...
THANK YOU!! I got it on my first guess after that.
But I still want to figure out what to do after the changed URL.

I just want to say thank you to the creators of these fine puzzles, they were a lot of fun. The last one in particular was perfect, as it represented the escapist community perfectly.

And if anyone needs any clues about any of the puzzles, PM me.

Jaser

Mar 30, 2010
I finally got it. It hit me like a ton of bricks when I
figured out the connection between mathematicians and a certain game character...

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
-CarcharotH- said:
anthony87 said:
Hashime said:
Chrmike said:

Yet more proof that the real puzzle is WHAT IS THE LAST STEP OF THIS PUZZLE?
Logic. Pure simple logic. Everything you need to know is there, the pages, the people, the loves and interests of ALL the people that have been involved directly or indirectly with this puzzle.

The answer lies there.