Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
bloodmonkey said:
5-1 totally just got that with my second random guess
I predicted such an event. I will pm you the process so you can see the challenge involved.

-CarcharotH-

Sep 30, 2010
Okay, I got it, but it was more or less guessing.

Seriously guys, I get the connection between
the site with the pictures and the answer, but that site is not the final clue, and no one so far seems to have mentioned that; everyone seems to have made the jump I made. What's the link between the last site (the one you get to when you enter "the answer" into the url) and the answer? Are their perhaps even more clues after that?

Could someone explain please? PM if necessary?

Concerning the week in general, I agree that this should be done again soon. Lotsa fun. Day 5 was craayy-zay!

Invariel

The Wizard That Did It
Apr 10, 2009
The funniest part about day five is that when I finally got to the end, I had to harken back to the beginning.

Zero punctuation.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
VampiresDontSparkle said:
GOT IT!

Hint: Once you get it, you'll want to kick yourself. Look for the relation between the pictures...
I can't even find the tag page in the escapist to get to the website that holds all the images you guys are viewing >.<
-Tabs>.<-

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
i figured out the game already, but i'm worried i might have skipped a step. does editing the final URL get you anywhere?

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
I'd love to have a go at this, but I haven't a clue on...well, any of them.

And I used to be so good at code breaking and such =/ Ah well.

-CarcharotH-

Sep 30, 2010
cobra_ky said:
i figured out the game already, but i'm worried i might have skipped a step. does editing the final URL get you anywhere?
It does. But what then? I don't see the connection. ARGH! Day 5 gets to me even after it's solved...

EDIT: Thanks for your PM Hashime, but that's not what I'm getting at. There's at least one more step between 7 and 8.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Invariel said:
You've got all weekend, SnipErlite. Doesn't hurt to try.
True true, and I guess today isn't the best of times to start considering I've just pulled an all-nighter. Ehh.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
-CarcharotH- said:
cobra_ky said:
It does. But what then? I don't see the connection. ARGH! Day 5 gets to me even after it's solved...

EDIT: Thanks for your PM Hashime, but that's not what I'm getting at. There's at least one more step between 7 and 8.
Dammit all, now i have to figure out what to put in there!

pianoman

Aug 26, 2008
Oh my god, finally got it, but Jesus, that was difficult. Can't wait for the next one! Kudos to the entire Escapist Puzzling Staff!

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
It took me an hour, but I'm there. Cheers to all involved in making this, it's been brilliant.

-CarcharotH-

Sep 30, 2010
cobra_ky said:
The pictures point to the sequence you have to enter; the exact number of digits you'll need can be found out on the way upstairs.

Is it possible that so many people have overlooked this?

Magicman10893

Aug 3, 2009
Since I couldn't figure out how to get to the page with the oddly bolded words I just did things the hard way and made a random guess... and it was right? What. The. Hell.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
fallouthirteen said:
Well, I've been looking at those pictures, read the clues, researched the people in the pictures, tried multiple things on the answer pane, and even with what sound like very explicit clues to the answer I just can't get this. I'm either thinking it's outside my knowledge base (unlikely) or my brain simply doesn't work using this link of logic, sort of like how it's impossible for me to get the message within message puzzles, yet day 3-3 and 4-2 were unbelievably simple and the only time it took to get them was the actual translating work.
Guessed the answer from someone's earlier post about the subject's achievements being overlooked despite his being the biggest contribution to a certain subject. Made the connection from that post and a giant leap to guess the game's name.
Also don't really see how the whole website in the hole really relates to the game in the slightest.
NOW! I am finally done and I can go get on with the rest of my life.
-Tabs<3-
P.S
;) good luck.

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
Finally... I... I got them all... I'm free! *brain leaks through ears*

This was great fun. I've never seen so many people here banding together towards a common goal. It was awesome. Many, many thanks to everyone, your hints were vital for me. I actually feel kinda bad I didn't help much.

Can't wait for a second one. Though if this becomes a regular thing, my school and social lives are screwed.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
alligabbi said:
I'm still stuck way back on the review on Amazon. I just don't know where to go from there.
The tags on that page will light your way.
Find an article that maybe shouldn't stay.
-Tabs<3-

Luhrsen

Aug 30, 2010
-CarcharotH- said:
cobra_ky said:
The pictures point to the sequence you have to enter; the exact number of digits you'll need can be found out on the way upstairs.

Is it possible that so many people have overlooked this?
Well that explains why I couldn't make that leap. everyone was skipping a couple steps and getting lucky. :(

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Ok, I need some help here with 5:1.
I've found the fake website with the hole and the pictures, what do I do now? I've identified the big guy, the spiral and the correlation between the people. What kind of answer should I put in the URL?
EDIT: Got it, how was I supposed to know to put 0 before?? But what do I do with these new numbers?
What now???
Can someone plz PM me?

havass

Dec 15, 2009
GrymZero said:
havass said:
I don't feel guilty about adding all the hints up to solve the puzzle now, because i've never played that game before. Maybe I should go get it now.
And I find it amusing how I've tried entering this game multiple times for yesterday's puzzle. Oh well. Now that's over...I have to start closing all the various tabs that were required for this ONE puzzle.

Hint:
Decay over time.
I love you so much right now x.x I spent two hours...TWO NARFING HOURS trying to figure out what the last clue meant, but this...this finally made it click in my head.

Oh and, side note: My brain is now made of porridge. Kthnxbai. Now, I'm going to go to bed. Wake me up when the world stops being all blurry and painful to look at.
HAHAHAHAH. I tried not to make it too obvious, but i'm glad it helped you.
We wear these badges proudly, mods!