TF2: New Scout weapons

DeusFps

Sep 3, 2008
Just unlocked all the achievements. I must say valve really have no idea how the scout is meant to be played. Anyway.. Discuss for giggles

DeusFps

Sep 3, 2008
CaptainEgypt said:
Yeah, who are these jokers? It's like they think they made the game or something.
They might make it. But obviously don't play it much.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Isn't the whole point to get you to play in a different way? Do you care to elaborate on what made you come to this decision? Maybe then there will actually be a topic to discuss.

Jaqen Hghar

Feb 11, 2009
While I have yet to unlock any of the achievements, I have read the update about the weapons.
And I think they look awesome. Making the Scout more fun to play, by giving him more strategies, are the way to go. That is why those updates are awesome.
But I guess some people do not like change or multiple options for one class.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
They made the scout. How they made it is how its 'meant' to be played.

DeusFps

Sep 3, 2008
Right, the new shotgun. Whats the point in removing double jump so you can use the shotgun for it insted and for less damage. No double jump = dead scout. The drink does nothing, you have to stand still for like 2 seconds and only lasts about 5. So you either take it in the thick of fire and get owned in .5 of a second or take before and get ~1 second of the effect when you need it. Pistol still owns it. New bat is only thing i would ever use, just to take out heavys, but i can do that easily by double jumping onto their head and owning them with the normal bat. Does nobody else see this or am i the only one here who knows how to play tf2?

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
DeusFps said:
Right, the new shotgun. Whats the point in removing double jump so you can use the shotgun for it insted and for less damage. No double jump = dead scout. The drink does nothing, you have to stand still for like 2 seconds and only lasts about 5. So you either take it in the think of fire and get owned in .5 of a second or take before and get ~1 second of the effect when you need it. Pistol still owns it. New bat is only think i would ever use, just to take out heavys, but i can do that easily by double jumping onto their head and owning them withh the normal bat. Does nobody else see this or am i the only one here who knows how to play tf2?
So come up with new strategies that make the most use of those features.

DeusFps

Sep 3, 2008
Lukeje said:
DeusFps said:
Right, the new shotgun. Whats the point in removing double jump so you can use the shotgun for it insted and for less damage. No double jump = dead scout. The drink does nothing, you have to stand still for like 2 seconds and only lasts about 5. So you either take it in the think of fire and get owned in .5 of a second or take before and get ~1 second of the effect when you need it. Pistol still owns it. New bat is only think i would ever use, just to take out heavys, but i can do that easily by double jumping onto their head and owning them withh the normal bat. Does nobody else see this or am i the only one here who knows how to play tf2?
Yeah ok I'll get right down to making strats to make the scout harder to play for no reward.

Simriel

Dec 22, 2008
Why does Deus seem to believe that there is only ONE UNT PRECISELY VON! way to play each class? Everyone tells me spy is awesome for disguise knife kills. I prefer to use my revolver, and i'm GOOD with it. Maybe YOU, Deus, cannot use the new equipment but that don't mean no one can.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
DeusFps said:
Yeah ok I'll get right down to making strats to make the scout harder to play for no reward.
So you're blaming Valve for the fact that you can't be bothered to find out how to use the new weapons effectively?

Jaqen Hghar

Feb 11, 2009
The way I understood it, the Shotgun makes enemies fly. Why not use that to, I don't know. Throw enemies of high places? Throwing them further back in your base when they have gotten your intelligence, giving your people more time to cap him?
Five seconds is a lot of time if you are fast and know how to use it. With proper teamwork, your team will draw the enemies fire, while you drink this, then run past some turrets.
The bat seems awesome, because you can stun people, making it easier for your snipers to do the job.

There, I just came up with viable options to use these new things. Don't know if they will work, since I don't know how the weapons work, but at least I came up with ideas instead of bashing them right away.

Vires Vox

Oct 16, 2008
DeusFps said:
Right, the new shotgun. Whats the point in removing double jump so you can use the shotgun for it insted and for less damage. No double jump = dead scout. The drink does nothing, you have to stand still for like 2 seconds and only lasts about 5. So you either take it in the thick of fire and get owned in .5 of a second or take before and get ~1 second of the effect when you need it. Pistol still owns it. New bat is only thing i would ever use, just to take out heavys, but i can do that easily by double jumping onto their head and owning them with the normal bat. Does nobody else see this or am i the only one here who knows how to play tf2?
Well first of all the new bat takes away the double jump, not the shotgun so i dunno what your talking about there, second im not sure why your so afraid of change, if you don't like the new FREE stuff then don't use it, but don't whine about it because you don't know how to use it.

Simriel

Dec 22, 2008
DeusFps said:
Lukeje said:
DeusFps said:
The reward is the fun. TF2 is about fun. If you want a game that is totally about being better than everyone else play CSS. Almost everyone i know plays TF2 to just enjoy the game, not to worry about how many kills such and such got. In fact I have been on the loosing side of games and STILL had silly amounts of fun.

DeusFps

Sep 3, 2008
Jaqen Hghar said:
The way I understood it, the Shotgun makes enemies fly. Why not use that to, I don't know. Throw enemies of high places? Throwing them further back in your base when they have gotten your intelligence, giving your people more time to cap him?
Five seconds is a lot of time if you are fast and know how to use it. With proper teamwork, your team will draw the enemies fire, while you drink this, then run past some turrets.
The bat seems awesome, because you can stun people, making it easier for your snipers to do the job.

There, I just came up with viable options to use these new things. Don't know if they will work, since I don't know how the weapons work, but at least I came up with ideas instead of bashing them right away.
A) If the scout is defending the intel then your team has already lost. There are 8 other classes to do this.
B)Might not even 5 seconds, I was just on the first stage of dustbowl. If you drink it at the exit of the tunnel to the 2nd cap point then it only lasts enough time to get you about half way to the point, let alone past a lvl 3 sentry on the right hand side.
c) Yeah like i said the bat is the only thing i would use, but hitting people with the ball is a lot harder than the sniper hitting them anyway :S
Also, i did try to think of ways i could use them and I came up with very little.

DeusFps

Sep 3, 2008
Simriel said:
DeusFps said:
Lukeje said:
DeusFps said:
The reward is the fun. TF2 is about fun. If you want a game that is totally about being better than everyone else play CSS. Almost everyone i know plays TF2 to just enjoy the game, not to worry about how many kills such and such got. In fact I have been on the loosing side of games and STILL had silly amounts of fun.
Yes the "reward" of hours of grinding and gimping your team. Gj

Simriel

Dec 22, 2008
DeusFps said:
Simriel said:
Op has been ***** slapped?
No. Now i jsut know how many of you are noobs :)
Yes i am a noob. I have been playing the game since release day, can use any class well in support of my team, have personally captured the intelligence without help 200+ times (I'm a REALLY good spy) and can make ridiculous stealth kills with a loud firearm. I am indeed a noob.

DeusFps

Sep 3, 2008
Simriel said:
DeusFps said:
Simriel said:
Op has been ***** slapped?
No. Now i jsut know how many of you are noobs :)
Yes i am a noob. I have been playing the game since release day, can use any class well in support of my team, have personally captured the intelligence without help 200+ times (I'm a REALLY good spy) and can make ridiculous stealth kills with a lour firearm. I am indeed a noob.
O'rly? So you don't see how these would just gimp the scout if used?