TF2 players, what class do you use the most?

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
well i mostly play vs saxton hale so my best classes in that are demoman and sniper. im also pretty good with soldier and scout in that mode.

My demoman loadout is as follows:
loc n load or bootlegger/ali baba's wee booties
the splendid screen
unusual horseless headless horsemann headtaker/eyelander/nessies nine iron
Ghastlier gibeuos

my sniper loadout:
Sniper rifle with thew description: Doomtakers personal sniper rifle. BEWARE.
smg or jarate
shanhensha
trophy belt

if i play the normal game i dont really have a favorite class because i adapt to waht my team needs the most. i also dont have favorite loadouts for the same reason

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Back when I played TF2 I was first in love with the heavy. Had mad killing streaks. Once I even took on six vs. me(I believe) since everyone in my party had died. I beat them all.
Then I discovered the pyro and never went back.

deal

Aug 27, 2009
Spy, Engineer, and Medic in that order. The heavy's a distant 4th, the sniper dead last, the rest about the same as each other.

brass munkey

The Milkman of Human Kindness
Jun 25, 2009
I main as a Soldier, but I'm also a pretty good Demoman. So, I normally switch between the two.

Feb 26, 2011
I tend to stick with support classes, since when it comes to front-line combat I get OWNED. So I usually stick to Engie while on defense (Widomaker/Lugermorph/Jag) or Medic when on offence (Overdose/Medi Gun/Vita-Saw). On the rare occasion I DO get an attacking itch, I play Pyro on Harvest.

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
Pyro. W + M1 FTW!
Most of that is because I really suck as the other classes. Scout would be my close second, but Pyro really suits me best.

I have a strange backburner, a strange flaregun, and I'm good with whatever melee weapon, I never use it anyway.
For the entire round, I play sneaky, but when caught I can hold my own. I find the Spy is far too weak in a straight up fight, and the knife to be far too finnicky about when exactly I'm aiming at their back. The Pyro loadout I have allows me to cause massive damage from behind, spycheck EVERYBODY, cause good damage from close range, light people on fire at long ranges or crit on people who escape short range, and if worst comes to worst and I die without killing the person, the damage over time sometime nets me a kill.

I get that it's a team game, and that I should be more focused on points as opposed to kills, but I find that kills are tangible, reliable points, whereas playing medic nets me points only from people who kill things for me, or as a scout I generally only get points from those control points (which are inevitably rocket-magnets or guarded by a level 3 sentry, so why bother?). I prefer to help my team by ensuring that the enemy team spends more of their time respawning than capturing objectives or killing my teammates. Every dead enemy is one less guy who could be winning the game for his team.

Spineyguy

Apr 14, 2009
Soldier in offence. Faster than a scout, tougher than a demoman, and harder-hitting than a heavy on Sasha's birthday.

In defence, Engineer. Behold the majesty of my nest. I laugh maniacally as wave after wave of foolish enemies break against my impenetrable wall of[small]ubered-demoman-never-mind[/small]

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
Medic, engineer, and pyro are the ones I play the most. I'll play heavy if there no one else will and there are lots of sentries.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
I play all of the classes whenever they're needed. If we have stubborn engineers I'll go demo or spy if we don't have any. No heavy on the cart? I'll go heavy on the cart.

WorriedSandwich

Nov 23, 2011
Nothing like being a Medic on (and against) a good team. You're THE most valuable asset to your team, so all smart enemies go after you. Also, you are pretty much guaranteed to be featured in every epic push or defense.

However, if nobody on my team communicates, I usually go Demoman, Pyro or Heavy.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
My mains tend to be Huntsman Sniper, Soldier, and fairly often lately the demoman as well. But that said I can, and usually do, play any class that the team needs at the time, and I play at a fairly high level with all of them except Spy. I've never been very good at playing spy, and with my lack of practice with it in years I'll usually play anything else but that that the team needs. Largely because if you can't play Spy well then you do your team more good by not playing it, not that I take issue with anyone who plays it anyway for practice or enjoyment. I just like to be as useful as possible.

zerobudgetgamer

Apr 5, 2011
Engineer by a mile. I've clocked well over 50+ hours as Engi, while every other class hasn't even hit the 10 hour mark.

Other personal favorites are Heavy and Medic, though outside of Spies, Snipers, and Demomen (can't get that arc down) I play just about everything else equally. Yes, I'm a F2P player, so I haven't clocked much time yet.

Jack O'Shea

Jul 17, 2011
i play engineer mostly but also change to other classes; medic, scout, pyro and demoman are a couple of my other favourite classes. I find soldier and the heavy a little uninspiring

Bento Box

Mar 3, 2011
I tend to play non-standard game types, so my preferred class really depends, but I tend to use the medic, heavy, and soldier the most. I almost never use the scout or engineer.

If I'm surfing, I'll probably be medic or soldier, but if I'm doing Saxton Hale, I'm very likely yo go heavy (with the full beast set, of course), and ask for a medic buddy. Extreme crit spray for life. <3

Although sometimes kunai-spy is fun on Hale. Getting top damage score with two or three hits is a good feeling.

Thetwistedendgame

Apr 5, 2011
Ze spy. The trick to winning a battle as any character is to get into the battle and survive. The challenge to being a spy is that you have to get out.