That Awkward Moment When...

Snoody

Nov 23, 2009
Let's face it, if you're like me, you're the walking face of awkward. You're the one who will make a fat joke right as your obese friend is approaching from behind. That sorta thing. The plus side? It makes one heck of a story. Let's hear your awkwardest moment. Mine was when I was at a party talking about smoking weed (which I don't) when my mom approached me from behind without me noticing. Quite the conversation afterwards. Anyhow, let's hear it!

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I am the God of saying things at the exact moment when I shouldn't. There always seems to be someone standing right behind me. It's even better (worse?) when I go on a massive rant about how stupid something is only to discover that the person I'm ranting to is a fan. This happened a lot in high school, particularly regarding things like Twilight and Jesus.

TheEbolaVirus

Jul 23, 2009
that awkward moment when you walk up to neighbors door for something and see his wife in nothing but an oversize t shirt.

Slaanesh

Aug 1, 2011
While I was with a girl(just hanging, hoping for some action later), I called her "Nicole" when that wasn't her name. She just gave me a look. It wasn't even close to her name(it was Jennifer). I didn't know why I thought that was her name, but I did know I was going home with blue balls that night.

The Minstrel Knight

Dec 2, 2011
My friends knew I was a fan of My Little Pony:FiM, and when they were out furniture shopping, they got me a plush of Twilight Sparkle. They were all like "Isn't she your favorite?" And I told them very quietly "no... Applejack's my favorite... :c" And they all started laughing! And my grandparents were in the room, but they didn't hear.

NEREVAR117

Aug 1, 2011
I haven't had a real awkward moment in years, but something somewhat awkward did happen today at the college library. Me and my cousin were looking up some funny videos on his laptop, and suddenly a very random and very loud advertisement started to play with some crazy country woman singing about Jesus. It was at this time Youtube's mute function decide to not work. Everyone in the library looked at us, and my cousin was so embarrassed. :]

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
When you are masturbating, and you forgot to lock the door, and someone decides to check up on you after announcing this when you had headphones on.. <_<

I'm lucky I am very dexterous when it comes to managing my computer screen, or I'd have been boned (pun may or may not be intended).

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
That awkward moment when you try and take a leak, but the guy you have a crush on walks into the bathroom, takes the urinal next to, and you clench up and can't go. Then you're all like "Should I just give up? or would that look weird?"

silverpimp

Oct 16, 2011
Told a bunch of "your mom" jokes to a guy who repeatedly told me his mom was dead for like six months until I realized he wasn't kidding.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
"So apparently they're a new social group, and they're all-"*everyone in the room goes silent, leaving me the only one talking*"-dicks."
That happened to me in English the other day. Luckily, everyone was able to laugh it off, but it will still live in infamy.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
That awkward moment when you walk into the neighbors yard to get a lacrosse ball and see his wife naked and cooking... Thank god she is 20... ohh I feel dirty.

EpicEps

Nov 29, 2011
That awkward moment when your dad asks if the person you're crushing on is your boyfriend while you're driving, and almost driving off the road and into a tree from embarrassment.

Oct 12, 2011
One day while in the college cafeteria with my best friend, I was severely fatigued and my brain felt like wadded up cotton that my thoughts were trying to claw through (that's my excuse for what happened and I'm sticking to it).

My friend is talking to a lovely lady who managed said cafeteria and gives her a "look." She asks him what the look was for.

He says, "I was thinking of picking you up, throwing you across my shoulder and carrying you out of here."
She laughs and replies, "You know the rules. You can take out an apple or an orange."
At this point, I heard a voice say,"I thought the rules said you could carry out any one item you planned on eating later."

At this point I realized two very important things. One: My friend was sputtering like a drowning cat. Two: The voice I had heard was my own.

Sadly for my friend, the young lady thought he was going to say something even worse and began slapping him (not viciously, but still pretty hard hits) and I made a run for it.

The really sad part was that I really hadn't meant anything horrible/naughty by it, I was just being stupidly literal. DOH!

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
-Friend and I talking about how a girl we know seems to prefer black guys.
-Friend and I start singing:
-Friend and I fail to notice black people sitting behind us hearing everything.

We both felt a little awkward and decided to move seats....

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I once fainted during psychology class after getting up. I was stressed, didn't get much sleep, didn't eat or drink anything for about a day, have low blood pressure, and got up too quickly. It made for one wierd experience, especially how embarrassed I felt afterward. I'll never let myself live that down but fortunately it seems most people have forgotten.

On a more positive note, kind of, I had met a girl that I liked whom basically looked after me after I woke up. Unfortunately she moved somewhere else (I think) and I never saw her again...

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
I laughed at a really inappropriate part of Reservoir Dogs (When Michael Madsen's character pulls a gun on the tied-up cop and he flails around in the chair) and I'm pretty sure my dad thinks I'm sort of sadist now. :s