That point when you just gave up.

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
Professor Lupin Madblood said:
I'm legitimately curious as to how you arrived at the conclusion that Steam "limits user choice."
It limits user choice because Steam has pretty much locked down the PC game market. If I wanna play a game on my PC, nine times out of ten I have to go through Steam. I don't want to, I like to have boxed games and I like to know I'll always be able to play those games without relying on an online service.
If you want to be a PC gamer these days, you need Steam, there's no other way. Other than piracy that is.

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
TheKasp said:
ScruffyMcBalls said:
Pokemon- When I realised each game was essentailly identical (X and Y may change this).
As a giant fan of Pokemon: Nah, it's going to be the same. They may improve story from what I've seen in Gen 5 (Black/White and the sequels) but don't expect deep change that lies beyond mechanics that are only interesting if you play it online.
Hmm, it'll be a shame but I'll hold out hope a little longer. At the very least it'll LOOK different, so that's a bit of progress. And progress is good.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Queen Michael said:
BanicRhys said:
The Simpsons: when I saw the Lady Gaga episode. I was a pretty tolerant viewer up until then, but that episode just made me snap.
I didn't like this episode either. What didn't you ike about it?
Mostly because they just used it as a chance to worship her (that fucking train).

The worst part for me was when Lisa abandoned her critical opinion of Lady Gaga after a trite speech about being yourself or something.

It's probably just that I'm old enough to actually analyse the show now as I recall there was a similar episode with The Who that I have no problem with (other than having seen it dozens of times so it's boring as fuck now).

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Sleekit said:
in WoW, Blizzards original reasons/excuses for deleting hunter pets running alongside the hunter all the time.
Whaaaaat? I gotta log in and see what you are talking about

Ỳup, i quit gymnasium three or four times because i was annoyed by everyone

Jun 11, 2009
ScruffyMcBalls said:
I'm legitimately curious as to how you arrived at the conclusion that Steam "limits user choice."
It limits user choice because Steam has pretty much locked down the PC game market. If I wanna play a game on my PC, nine times out of ten I have to go through Steam. I don't want to, I like to have boxed games and I like to know I'll always be able to play those games without relying on an online service.
If you want to be a PC gamer these days, you need Steam, there's no other way. Other than piracy that is.
Yeah, but why would you want to go through things that aren't Steam? I don't know if you've noticed, but Steam and Valve are pretty perfect as far as customer service and business practices go.

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
Dirty Hipsters said:
I agree with giving up on bleach. They killed Aizen, and then it didn't end. I went "well, fuck this noise" and stopped watching. Granted I'd stopped watching a while before that, but I came back to watch what I thought was the conclusion, since I still had a vested interest in the characters. Now I really just don't give a crap anymore. Bleach really does represent to me everything that can be wrong with an anime that's still technically proficient.
I almost gave up too, but you're actually only one season away from the end of the anime. It was a little weird to get into at first but I kept watching so I could say I've finished the damn thing and it ended pretty well. Apparently the manga is going to continue though

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
BanicRhys said:
Queen Michael said:
BanicRhys said:
The Simpsons: when I saw the Lady Gaga episode. I was a pretty tolerant viewer up until then, but that episode just made me snap.
I didn't like this episode either. What didn't you ike about it?
Mostly because they just used it as a chance to worship her (that fucking train).

The worst part for me was when Lisa abandoned her critical opinion of Lady Gaga after a trite speech about being yourself or something.
I agree 100%. It was just too much "Everybody loves Lady Gaga." And a conclusion where the happy ending is about Lisa finally realizing how awesome Lady Gaga is...

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
Lovely Mixture said:
I had planned to spend the whole year in Japan, I ended up spending only three months, there were a lot of good good things and a lot of bad things.

Before I left, it was a real struggle cause I wanted to continue my Japanese studies but I hated the way their society behaved.

But what broke the camel's back is when I ordered some food (and food is quite expensive in Japan) and they gave me the poorest excuse of a meal that I had ever seen and then had the gall to charge me when I asked for some sauce to put on it.

I left and I felt happy.
I'd like to know more about your experience in Japan if you would care to share. What didn't you like about it? What was good?

OT: Assassin's Creed: I loved the first one and the follow up (beat both, 45 hours spent in 2; beating games isn't a common thing for me). But I couldn't get much passed a few hours in Brotherhood. Well, I'm back to square 1 again, and it's the same game still. I don't really want to do this all again. I've also never understood the love for Etzio. I don't dislike him or anything, but he never stood out to me. Neither did Altair. I also have no idea what the storyline in the game was, I have no idea what's happening except oh wow now the Pope is evil okay!? I loved the game for the world, parkour and the mechanics. I wanted another 1 to 2 jump or change or whatever. I rented 3 and didn't care to play it past the first 3 hours or so. I actually ran into 4 significant bugs in that short time (and I usually don't find bugs). Once, my character and my enemy drowned during our duel in a perfectly safe, afloat boat--there was no rushing in of water, we just floating upward in empty air and died; second, my horse got stuck in the ground and I couldn't dismount; third, the blur filter on the background during a cutscene didn't go away after the scene concluded, so I had to assault a fortress with severe cataracts (which was sort of interesting I guess, lol); and finally, an awful lot of the time people's mouths didn't animate when they were speaking in cutscenes. Sometimes I wasn't sure who was speaking. So, 3 certainly didn't do anything to rekindle my interest.

Dead Space: I don't know what it is about survival horror, but I can't stand the genre. It's not because they're scary (a few years of my life where I watched mounds of horror movies have numbed me to most attempts at horror). It's because I feel like I've been asked to find a needle in a haystack, or I have to walk 2 hours to a store to buy milk, but realize I've forgotten my wallet halfway there. I just don't want to continue. Survival horror feels like such a chore. I just want to find out what happens, game, I don't actually want to slog through your boring game play. My most recent failed attempts at enjoying the genre were Dead Space 2, Amnesia and Lone Survivor. All three felt like huge pains. UGH, I'm totally alone in a depressing, horrible place and I have so much to do before I find out anything about what's going on, it's just not worth it. So, it's the combination of being subjected to boring gameplay while also being stuck in an oppressive, depressing environment. Feels too much like the workplace to be fun, heyo! Note: No interest in DS3 at all.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Uh I gave up on Bleach because the way the writer handled the Aizen arc was so, so bad. He was this unstoppable killing force that breezed through the entire cast minus Ichigo trying to team up on him, lets his right hand man try to betray him (he gets stabbed in the heart with a poison sword, not even bothered) then lol jk Ichigo pulls infinite training time out of his arse and oneshots the guy.

No. Goodbye.

I gave up on finishing The Answer in Persona 3 FES because it is pants on head retarded. There's a balance between the difficulty stuck on hard, SHIT party AI, lack of Social Links and forced party members that makes it this frustrating, grindtastic mess of a game. Seriously, they KNOW how good the Social Link system works both as a character device and anti-grind tool so why remove that entirely and replace it with pure grind?

Oh and I quietly bowed out of Naruto the moment issue 500 came out. It got boring and I decided it was going to drag on forever with all of the interesting bits already dead and gone.

I would say Mass Effect but i'm not one of those people who let themeselves forget how awesome the ENTIRE series was until the last 5 minutes. Literally the last 1% was just that goddamn awful. I'm interested in the Omega DLC anyway so if I ever go back to ME3 I will try to pick that up.

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
ScruffyMcBalls said:
Yeah, but why would you want to go through things that aren't Steam? I don't know if you've noticed, but Steam and Valve are pretty perfect as far as customer service and business practices go.
Because if they carry on the way they are (being a monopoly) they will very quickly have a stranglehold on PC gaming. At that point Steam gets to control gaming on the PC platform. Monopolies aren't healthy in any way, competition on the other hand can be.
Plus, Steam is a titanic pile of shite so far as I'm concerned. I hate the interface, It hogs resources and I hate having to go through a gateway software. I want choice, not Steam's way or no way. Feel free to use Steam, I just want to NOT use Steam. And sadly that really, really isn't what they have in mind.

HobbyJim

Aug 4, 2009
Trying to convince my girlfriend that Sandy Hook actually happened and that people died.

Chunga the Great

Sep 12, 2010
After the first Mass Effect game. I heard it was amazing and full of awesome and had so much interesting stuff to do. Spoiler alert: it was fucking awful. Mass Effect 2 would have to dispense money before I even give a shit about playing it.

This is without mentioning the ridiculous amount of bitching that came after the Mass Effect 3 ending controversy.