That's it, Gamestop.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Whoever told you GameStop is legit are con artists who perpetuate GameStop's criminal reputation of "honesty". They are nothing but con artists themselves, and I'm not exaggerating in the slightest, who foster criminal re-re-reselling defective merchandise back to people after re-re-rebuying it. They also scam you out of preorders by ordering their employees to SELL the reserved games to other customers because it means even more money to the bottom line.

You should see how they treat their employees that AREN'T fuckwits who are into the underhanded money-grubbing. They pay less than a Happy Meal, and not even through direct deposit.

Go watch "Zero Originality" on DailyMotion if no one believes me.

personion

Dec 6, 2010
James Cassidy said:
Okay, it is official. I am done with Gamestop. They have screwed me over for the last friggin' time. I ordered the Gears of War 3 epic edition and retro lancer months ago when they said they still have them. They took my order. They took my money.

Couple of days ago,I got an email from them saying that they can no longer process my order and dropped it. No, I didn't get a refund either and they are not responding to me when trying to contact them.

This is the 5th time they screwed me over in a row. People have tried telling me Gamestop is honest and stuff, but from my perspective they treated me like crap. I can't even tell you all the stories I had with this company and I am getting problems every time I go to this place.

I tried giving them chances, but I am tired of it. I am ordering from Amazon from now on. I don't care if I have to wait a few more days for my stuff to ship
Fifth? Are you sure you're not overexaggerating? If not, you have good reason to be pissed. Could you list the five times if you remember?

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
The equivelant to Gamestop in the UK is GAME.

After they got my copy of Deus Ex: HR to me 4 days late, I decided to take my business somewhere else.
Did you order online? The site's undergoing some changes and as a result they've seriously fucked up a lot of orders. Dead Island was hit too, and that's really difficult to get hold of on the 360 at the moment.

I went to GameStop whilst visiting the US recently and couldn't complain. The chap behind the counter said if I changed my mind in 7 days, I could take it back, and if I had any problems (it was a pre-owned game) to take it back. He was friendly.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
The equivelant to Gamestop in the UK is GAME.

After they got my copy of Deus Ex: HR to me 4 days late, I decided to take my business somewhere else.
Hmm, it seems that these companies seem to have one thing in common - being particuarly unhelpful when it comes to the preorders. I had preordered the Gears of War 3 slightly special edition and of course was advisesd to keep a hold of the preorder receipt. Unfortunately, I happened to lose it but I thought it would be fine. After all, they scanned by Game reward card so all the details will be there on their system against my account.

But no, when I went into the shop and told them I hd misplaced the receipt and wanted them to check it was definitely this particular branch of Game that I had placed the preorder in, the two gormless pricks behind the counter (who seemed to be sharing the same brain) said "oh no, we can't check anything without that receipt" and that without it I would lose my £5.00 deposit. They left me with the incredibly hepful advice to "have a dig" for the receipt.

I thought in these modern times we would have moved beyond having to produce a flimsy flip of paper in order to have them honour a preorder. I'd be better off buying my games at Starbucks at this rate. If in the end, I don't find the receipt, they will have to keep my £5.00, but they certainly won't be getting the remaining £55.99 off me.

Caligulust

Apr 3, 2010
I've purchased all of two game at gamestop within my lifetime.

My worst experience was an employee there who spoke to me as if I was twelve. That's enough for me to not want to go back.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Mr Thin said:
Five times? How in the name of potato did they manage to screw you over five times?
Heh, that's good. I think I'll start using that now, if you're okay with it.

OT:
I've never had a problem with my gamestop *knock on wood* but I don't normally put all my money down on a pre-order. I give them the minimum 5$ to reserve it, then when it comes out they call me and I go pay the rest.

Tsuki Akechi

Feb 20, 2011
This is why I'm glad I can shop locally for games at a resident run store instead of Gamestop. Gamestop will screw you over.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Cid SilverWing said:
Go watch "Zero Originality" on DailyMotion if no one believes me.
I've seen it several times over. It's basically the reason why I will never give them my cash again. That, and the Confessions of a Gamestop Employee [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_273/8145-Confessions-of-a-GameStop-Employee-Part-One] is a good read if one is wondering what goes on behind closed doors from the perspective of the man who had first-hand experience.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
James Cassidy said:
This is the 5th time they screwed me over in a row. People have tried telling me Gamestop is honest and stuff, but from my perspective they treated me like crap. I can't even tell you all the stories I had with this company and I am getting problems every time I go to this place.

I tried giving them chances, but I am tired of it. I am ordering from Amazon from now on. I don't care if I have to wait a few more days for my stuff to ship
It took you to get screwed over five times to finally reach your last straw? Who cares what other people say about their experience with the company, you should only consider your own.

I've never had a negative experience with Gamestop, but that doesn't mean there aren't others who have. Customer service, unfortunately, varies due to a number of factors, including the employees, management, the mood of whomever assists you, professionalism, amount of care a person has when assisting you, how busy the store is, chances of being that one person who gets the 'short stick' so to speak, etc. My point is that there are too many factors that could change a customer's overall experience with any company, something that should be taken into consideration, far more than what your friends (or anyone) have to say about their experience.

And if you're so frustrated with the fact that you can't seem to resolve this issue, take the time you spent to create this thread and give their corporate office a call. I can't honestly believe they're simply ignoring you. It's possible, but improbable.

LordRoyal

May 13, 2011
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
GeneWard said:
I hate the patronizing staff in Gamestation that try to groom you if you are young. I'm 14 and every time I go in there they're all
"Alright mate, can I help you find anything?"
"No thanks, I'm fine."
"Ok, give me a shout if you need anything mate"
The same dialog EVERY FUCKING TIME. And I live in a pretty small town, plus I'm a pretty distinctive character.
Also
I go to the counter to buy Crysis.
"Alright mate, are you sure your computer can run this mate?"
"Yeah, I've just upgraded to a dual core i5"
"*Wince* It says you need a 3 dot zero gb processor for this mate.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
I always get the one guy that won't sell pegi ratings without ID. I used to nuy 16+ games all the time when I was 11 and when I'm 15 I get ID.
They are quite patronizing, also their always trying to be your friend.
You bought mature rated games when you were 11?

You know game ratings are there for a reason. I mean for the sake of just the fact that 11 and 12 year olds clog up mic chat constantly with their inane ramblings

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
I've never had a problem with Gamestop whenever I go there. But I've never tried preordering anything there either so that may be the reason.

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
James Cassidy said:
I stopped shopping at Gamestop a long time ago.

There are several mom-and-pops game stores around here - I shop there, if I'm going to shop in stores at all. Or I go to Best Buy (usually if I have a gift card). Amazon sometimes too (preordered Catherine for the better box art).

Gamestop pissed me off years ago. I will window shop there sometimes... and then buy elsewhere. Cause I'm petty like that. ^^

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
Larva said:
Every time I stepped foot in a Gamestop the twit behind the counter was patronizing me for being older than 16. Yes, I'm shopping for me you pimply-faced retail twerp. The average age of gamers now is 37. We've were gaming while you were still swimming around in your father's sack. I will wreck your high score in Ms. Pac-Man!

The last-time I stepped foot in a Gamestop (well, I guess second-to-last, since I had to come back to do the return) the jackasses sold me a used 360 as new. After telling me they had no more used ones available I walked out with one at full-price only to get home and find it had been carefully repackaged.

When I came back to show it to them they admitted that it was opened, and told me a story about how they'd loan out equipment to some local churches for the kids to play, but that it was still technically 'new' since it was never sold. I countered that, no, it doesn't work that way realistically or legally, and they actually kept working the "but we're helping the kids! Do you hate the kids?" story. (Answer: Yes. Yes I do.)

I gave them the option to just credit me the difference for a used system, but they refused, so I returned it, went to Game Crazy (Hollywood Video's game center.. oh how I miss thee) picked up a refurb for even less that came with a dozen free rentals and went home happy.

When I followed up with my complaint the local Gamestop manager didn't give two shits about selling used merch as new, and Corporate didn't reply to either their email or snailmail complaint... so f'ck em. Permanently.
I miss Game Crazy, it was the best store.

OT:Dude you have bad luck, but hey if you dont like them screw em and move on to a store you trust

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
James Cassidy said:
Okay, it is official. I am done with Gamestop. They have screwed me over for the last friggin' time. I ordered the Gears of War 3 epic edition and retro lancer months ago when they said they still have them. They took my order. They took my money.

Couple of days ago,I got an email from them saying that they can no longer process my order and dropped it. No, I didn't get a refund either and they are not responding to me when trying to contact them.

I'd call them instead of email them.

Linda Bridget

Jul 7, 2011
James Cassidy said:

Oh you think that's bad how about the day before I was to pick up my copy of Infamous 2 and the store (which is not the store I normally frequent) I went to told me they had no record of me ever having pre-orderd the game even though I know I did. I was able to re-pre-order at the store I do normally frequent and just in time to get the special download item. But heres the real messed up part when I checked my page on their reward site I found the log of the previous pre-order giving me the reward points.

(By the way I contacted the company and had hell convincing them of the screw up. They literally had to go through their records. I still haven't heard back from them on that or seen a refund)

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
I've had bad experiences at Gamestop on occasion but otherwise it is the most convenient place for me to get games. I have several horror stories as well, but I will tell this one that came to mind.

A few years back I went to my closest Gamestop to purchase Lost Odyssey on release date. I didn't pre-order it. I went up to the counter and asked if they had it in. The clerk said "yes, if you pre-ordered it". At that point I was disappointed and said "oh alright". At that point he started hounding me to pre-order some other games that I didn't want "so it won't happen again". I decline and leave the store.

I know a guy who works at a another local Gamestop but a bit more of a drive to that one. So I called his Gamestop. He said he was out of it as well. He also said he had just called the other Gamestop that I had just went to to ask if they had any non pre-order copies because another customer asked. They had 11.

So basically this guy straight up lied to me and probably thought it was a good technique to get me to pre-order games from then on. I still shop at Gamestop despite this but often times it isn't really the company, but some of the scumbag employees who work there.

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
ImmortalDrifter said:
Vakz said:
They took your money but not giving you a product? Take them to court.
The fact that you OP are not doing this right now, means you're either dense or full of crap.
Or both.

You get ripped off and your first instinct is go on the internet and complain? Really?

Really???
Why was I quoted in this? What have I got to do with you thinking OP is full of crap? Or is this the most confusing way I have ever been insulted?

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Vakz said:
Why was I quoted in this? What have I got to do with you thinking OP is full of crap? Or is this the most confusing way I have ever been insulted?
It's the fact that he isn't taking them to court. Sorry if i caused some kind of mental distress.