The 90s Was The Last Great Decade

DarthScorpio11

Aug 10, 2011
political correctness ruined the 00s. In the 90s, kid cartoons could be violent, and I believe Speed the rated R movie was even nominated for a Kids Choice Award. I mean, have you seen Hunchback of Norte Dame. It was rated G, and was very dark. Would have gotten a higher rating in the 00s. Also, you could also say more stuff back then, and people wouldn't be so sensitive. I was watching Angel, and Spike made a joke about Angel calling him a poof. I can't see that flying in the 21st century. People these days are so uptight...

this is the angel clip im talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4j26Z7rD_E

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
I don't know, people really have a tendency to look back fondly on days gone by. I'll bet by 2020 people will say the turn of the millennium was a pretty cool time to be alive.

DarthScorpio11

Aug 10, 2011
xmbts said:
I don't know, people really have a tendency to look back fondly on days gone by. By 2020 People will say the turn of the millennium was a pretty cool time to be alive.
The early 00s actually were pretty alright. I have fond memories of 2000 and most of 2001. 2002-2003 obviously were the years following 9/11, and the country was going through a lot. However, as a middle school kid, i still liked the movies, and music, back then. Way better than todays stuff

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Wait, Speed was rated R in America?

Huh. It's PG here...

Anyway, I think we're just fine right now. No better, no worse.

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
Well there's a still a lot of politically incorrect stuff nowadays anyway, I think people were just a bit more sensible about certain things in the last decade.

DarthScorpio11

Aug 10, 2011
Marter said:
Wait, Speed was rated R in America?

Huh. It's PG here...

Anyway, I think we're just fine right now. No better, no worse.
Speed, as in the Keanu Reeves movie is only rated PG where you live?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
DarthScorpio11 said:
Speed, as in the Keanu Reeves movie is only rated PG where you live?
Yes, that's the one.

I just checked my DVD to make sure I was right. It says PG on it.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Does today's music and television really "suck"? Or is it just the popular stuff? Yeah, more nostalgia, not saying modern times don't suck, but things were probably lame in the 90's too...

DarthScorpio11

Aug 10, 2011
chaosyoshimage said:
Does today's music and television really "suck"? Or is it just the popular stuff? Yeah, more nostalgia, not saying modern times don't suck, but things were probably lame in the 90's too...
don't you remember the 90s? things were anythinb but lame. It was kid heaven

ydkwidrmw

Aug 6, 2009
If we are just talking about film, I agree. Every second major movie is based on a comic book or a reboot.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
DarthScorpio11 said:
chaosyoshimage said:
don't you remember the 90s? things were anythinb but lame. It was kid heaven
I'm 19, sure it was kid heaven, I was a kid.

rt052192

Feb 24, 2010
love me some 90s. What I really dislike about the first decade of the new millennium was the lack of any stand-out "decade known bands". You know kinda like how the 80s was known for hair metal and catchy electronic kinda beats or how the 90s was really alternative/grungy and had some really good rap/hip hop. But what is the new decade known for? Nu-metal? Metalcore? please not crabcore....

time will tell

ArbiterX13

Jul 2, 2011
Hmm. I was born in the 90s...yeah, that was a pretty good decade then. Seriously though, I find that on a lot of the shows I watch, there are no problems with sensitivity. If anything, we've gotten more desensitized to everything. Not that I'm complaining.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
The 90s were alright, nothing that I'd say was that great overall.

Music was awesome and the Tv shows were amazing too, and that was about it.

DarthScorpio11

Aug 10, 2011
ydkwidrmw said:
If we are just talking about film, I agree. Every second major movie is based on a comic book or a reboot.
film, music, shows, and society in general was a lot more laid back in the 90s

DarthScorpio11

Aug 10, 2011
rt052192 said:
love me some 90s. What I really dislike about the first decade of the new millennium was the lack of any stand-out "decade known bands". You know kinda like how the 80s was known for hair metal and catchy electronic kinda beats or how the 90s was really alternative/grungy and had some really good rap/hip hop. But what is the new decade known for? Nu-metal? Metalcore? please not crabcore....

time will tell
Well, i'm 21, so i was a teen in the 00s. Pretty much as far as rock goes Green Day pretty much became extremely popular when i was in high school with American Idiot. I know they're an older band, but it was a pretty iconic album of the decade. Eminem, Kanye West also are some pretty big decade music stars