The 90s Was The Last Great Decade

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
I think you're confusing the year with your age. You probably feel this way because0 living as that age was better, it just happens that this makes earlier years seem better than the later ones.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
90s were okay; I think I enjoyed the 00s more because I was old enough to appreciate new things (born in 1990). A lot of my favorite things came out in the 90s, but the 00s were the begining of competitive online gaming.

I'd have to agree with the idea that the decades you grew up in will usually be your favorite. I still look forward to the 2010's 20's and 30's though : p

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
I don't know about the 90's being the last great decade. But the reason for the slide in ratings for movies is largely due to the decline in cinema attendance. The segment of the population who spends the most on movie going now, are young teens. So Hollywood frequently softens their ratings to sell more tickets.

I was pretty surprised when the first AvP movie from 2004 was rated PG-13, when every other alien and predator movie were all rated R.

By the time John McClain's trade yippee kai yay line got cut off in the last Die Hard in 2007, I was just like... damn teenie boppers and their movie going disposable income.

2001 was the year reality TV got big, and the year we finally woke up to something to be afraid of again since the cold war - global terrorism. I blame both for really sending entertainment and creative expression downhill.