The Actual Threat to Democracy

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not tying myself in nots, I'm repeating the same position over and over. This started as a response to you accusing me of bias, to which I said you weren't wrong, I do have biases, some which match your description. I then performed a similar analysis on you, with the allowances I afforded myself, to show your biases. You've managed to interpret that as the exact opposite of what I said, as though I am pretending I have no bias and you have no good will, but you imagined all of that.
You attributed my position to "needing right wingers to be evil", rather than any intellectually honest analysis. And then decried people for refusing to see your perspective, unaware of the irony.

If you want to abandon that insulting dismissiveness now, that's absolutely fine, but don't pretend you never did it in the first place.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
You attributed my position to "needing right wingers to be evil", rather than any intellectually honest analysis. And then decried people for refusing to see your perspective, unaware of the irony.

If you want to abandon that insulting dismissiveness now, that's absolutely fine, but don't pretend you never did it in the first place.
I did not attribute your position to that, I identified that as a point of bias for you. I did not say "need", I said "want". My point is: yes, there is a part of me that goes into it wanting the material to be bad, but every part of you wants the material to be good, so if you're going to accuse me of going into the reading with a pre-determined conclusion, you need to apply that accusation doubly to yourself.

This is how you took us down this rabbit hole:
The issue here is that you've read the book, but you clearly did so with an approach of, "let's see what this foolish confused sinner is wrong about". Reading it with a bolt-shut mind and a pre-determined dismissiveness of the author is going to affect how you interpret the content.
The insult you're so upset about is "hey, try applying your analysis to yourself." You're insulted by your own accusations.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The insult you're so upset about is "hey, try applying your analysis to yourself." You're insulted by your own accusations.
Of course, this came in response to you making several judgemental and presumptuous statements about the author, and attributing thought processes to them which weren't attested in the text at all.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Most conservative ones. You just don't see it that way, because you also don't think the things talked about count as rights

True, mentioning queer liberation in context with black liberation and how they intersect is exactly like making fucking bombs.

You really do consider following the law a moral imperative regardless of what the law actually says, huh
And can you give like one example of all this? I'm guessing not.

I don't find anything in the law that would make teaching black history any harder than it should be.

"It won't be banned any more if it changes its content" is not a defence-- especially since the law it supposedly broke is intentionally vague enough to allow the authorities to apply it to whatever they don't like.

You asked which course he barred, and I correctly answered. Not really interested in justifications.
It's a temporary ban. I'm sure I can find tons of other classes that have gotten "banned" because a tweak here or there had to be made to the curriculum. Florida will have a black history class available very soon.

By this metric, talking about Japanese American reparations for internment during WW2 is "CRT" and should be banned
No it doesn't...

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
And can you give like one example of all this? I'm guessing not.

I don't find anything in the law that would make teaching black history any harder than it should be.
Of course you don't, you like the law. The fact that it's banning parts of the curriculum is a good thing in your lefty eyes

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It's a temporary ban. I'm sure I can find tons of other classes that have gotten "banned" because a tweak here or there had to be made to the curriculum. Florida will have a black history class available very soon.
It can return... if it changes its content. So that content is disallowed. That form of the class was banned.

You asked what he banned and I responded accurately. I don't know why you're now refusing the answer.