The amazing spider-man game

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Aarowbeatsdragon said:
Sean Hollyman said:
It's better.
All the joy I experienced at swinging through the city in Spider-Man 2 is back, and better than ever. The indoor combat stealth bits can get a bit bland at times, though the combat itself is solid and has a distinct Arkham vibe to it.

Beenox has done a wonderful job of replicating Spidey's swinging through the city, and I eagerly await to see what they do with future Spidey titles.

Seamlessly zipping into a web rush mid-flight, then breaking into a swing before you reach the wall is exhilirating
is it true that his webs stick to the sky? o_O
Yeah but you don't really notice it too often. Plus swinging over the buildins in the sky isn't as fun as swinging through and round them.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
The game gets really good later on when you

LOSE YOUR POWERS AND HAVE TO RUN LIKE FUCK.

Uuuuuuuug...

MarkDavis94

Jan 12, 2011
Aarowbeatsdragon said:
ruedyn said:
Yes, but didn't they always do that?
not since before spiderman 2. in all the games since spiderman 2 you could only swing around if there were tall buildings near and you actually see his web attach to the buildings, but ive heard with this one, he just puts his arms straight up and doesnt connect to buildings, he cant swing around when there are only small buildings which makes sense but still...thats what ive heard anyway.
In Spider-man Web Of Shadows his webs connected to the air. If you were in a fight on a roof top with no other buildings around you could still swing about. However one you were out of combat they restricted that slightly, but you could press LB to climb up the web and you'd see it sticking to thin air

I reckon they did this to make swinging easier though, if the web is stuck to a building you're going to swing towards the building, which was annoying in Spider-Man 3 because I was forever swinging sideways, but I found Web of Shadows swinging to be better.

I know you're not throwing a hissy fit about it but some people are claiming they won't buy the game because swinging above buildings ruins the immersion.
How about you don't use the webs when you are that high then?

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
MarkDavis94 said:
In Spider-man Web Of Shadows his webs connected to the air. If you were in a fight on a roof top with no other buildings around you could still swing about. However one you were out of combat they restricted that slightly, but you could press LB to climb up the web and you'd see it sticking to thin air

I reckon they did this to make swinging easier though, if the web is stuck to a building you're going to swing towards the building, which was annoying in Spider-Man 3 because I was forever swinging sideways, but I found Web of Shadows swinging to be better.

I know you're not throwing a hissy fit about it but some people are claiming they won't buy the game because swinging above buildings ruins the immersion.
ah i never actually played web of shadows! oh dont get me wrong thats not gonna stop me from getting it, i mean theyve made it so that you cant go over central park or the ocean so thats grand, but one of my friends wont shut up about it everytime i mention buying the game so i was just hoping he was wrong so i could shut him up =.='

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Aarowbeatsdragon said:
MarkDavis94 said:

ah i never actually played web of shadows! oh dont get me wrong thats not gonna stop me from getting it, i mean theyve made it so that you cant go over central park or the ocean so thats grand, but one of my friends wont shut up about it everytime i mention buying the game so i was just hoping he was wrong so i could shut him up =.='
Actually you CAN go over central park.. :p

MarkDavis94

Jan 12, 2011
Aarowbeatsdragon said:
MarkDavis94 said:

Web of Shadows had a lot going for it, but meh it could have been better. People mentioned how annoying Spider-Man's voice was, I thought it was just the internet being the internet. Holy fuck they weren't lying, it was irritating when he was in his Red Suit, especially when talking to Mary-Jane. Also when the Symbiote Army invaded Manhattan the frame rate dropped so much.

I'm not getting this game till July 13th but what I have seen of it looks good and it's been getting some pretty positive reviews which is good because even when the Spider-Man games get slated I still enjoy them so this one shouldn't dissapoint

MarkDavis94

Jan 12, 2011
Sean Hollyman said:
Aarowbeatsdragon said:
MarkDavis94 said:

Let's be honest, how tedious was web zipping across Central Park in Spider-Man 3 haha

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
MarkDavis94 said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Aarowbeatsdragon said:
MarkDavis94 said:

Let's be honest, how tedious was web zipping across Central Park in Spider-Man 3 haha
Very, and you always had to be careful to not land in the pond..

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Why are they using over-the-shoulder camera angle? It's not a shooter. You're not aiming a gun at anyone. What the hell were they thinking?

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
saintdane05 said:
Is it as good as Spiderman 2?
It's very similar to it.

Plays pretty much the same. Free roam web swinging, random crimes to stop, random side missions and collectables.

Combat is smoother though and web usage is more precise.

The story is pretty decent as well.

Gurgleflob

Jun 29, 2012
It's... What I expected. Short story (13 missions), lots of collectables, fun webswinging.

But the combat.

Dear god the combat.

You know in Arkham City how the combat was really smooth? This is not like that at all. anyone who has played both of them can probably explain this much better than I can. I can't really explain it but definitely rent it before you buy it if you liked AC's combat. If you played AC you'll see what I mean.

The perspective thing on walls and such isn't a big issue, but don't get this if you are prone to motion sickness. My friend almost vomited when she started swinging around Manhattan. One of the main things that bugs me is how the webs don't actually connect to buildings so there isn't much skill involved in webswinging, but again, that's a small issue.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I've heard it's not particularly amazing, despite what they might be telling you.
Hmm, I wonder if someone could sue them for false advertising in that regard?
captcha: pie are round. Easily the weirdest captcha I've ever seen.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
But is it as good as Spider-Man 3?

Adam Jensen said:
Why are they using over-the-shoulder camera angle? It's not a shooter. You're not aiming a gun at anyone. What the hell were they thinking?
It's easier to render stuff at 30fps when Spidey's big fat ass is in the way, probably. That's why weapon models get bigger and bigger in console shooters. It's all in pursuit of framerate, because the Xbox in particular is getting on in years. A lot of trickery and cheating goes on. Some of it is impressive - Alan Wake, for example, which just flat-out didn't render what wasn't on the screen - but then you get stuff like, making character and weapon viewmodels bigger.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Everyone keep saying they hope it lives up to spiderman 2, I find this odd Since Ultimate was better then 2. >.>

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
xmbts said:
Everyone keep saying they hope it lives up to spiderman 2, I find this odd Since Ultimate was better then 2. >.>
gotta agree with this. Ultimate spidermans so underated.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Adam Jensen said:
I guess it's to make the swinging feel more intense, with a better sensation of speed when everything is rushing past you in mid air. Not a bad idea in and of itself I don't think, but I did also wonder when I first saw it how it might also make things clumsier by limiting your perspective.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
Official line: You're closer to the action! Exhilarating!

Real line: Consoles can't handle a field-of-view wider than a key hole.

MaxiP62

Jul 10, 2011
Love the game, have barely stopped playing it since I got it on Friday. Tons of fun, there are some clear problems with it but I can see past them. It's a bit short too which is a shame, but there are tons of side objectives. Worth buying if you like the other games!

MaxiP62

Jul 10, 2011
Gabanuka said:
Sounds good, but is it as good as the greatest Spiderman game ever?:

I wouldn't say it is better than Ultimate Spider-man, but it sure does come pretty close.