The Anonymous Source

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
unacomn said:
No news day? There's no such thing as a "no news day" when you stalk a ton of game devs on twitter. Like, Paradox Interactive is planning an TBS-RPG like Heroes of Might and Magic. I'm the only one that reported on that last week.
Our editors keep an eye out for as many sources as they can get, but they also spend a lot of time not reading the Internet and doing other work. :(

If you care enough to comment on it, please let us know when you see something of interest ("Tip Us" link on the bottom of every page): http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contact/subject/news

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Is it me, or has the emo girl sorta went through some sort of Art Evolution...she looks a bit less dementedly distant and more...standard compared to the rest of the characters.

Unless, they're new characters, or simply one shots elsewhere in the building?

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
unacomn said:
No news day? There's no such thing as a "no news day" when you stalk a ton of game devs on twitter. Like, Paradox Interactive is planning an TBS-RPG like Heroes of Might and Magic. I'm the only one that reported on that last week.
I love you for mentioning this. Where can I get more details on this?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
BehattedWanderer said:
Seems legit. I bet it has Kinect voice commands. Everything needs Kinect voice commands.
my toaster does, It even has Linux!

Darklupus

Mar 13, 2010
Hmmm...what should I use for a comeback?

How about: Be wary that anonymous sources can sock you holey, or false, non-credible information. For example, FF XIII Versus presumably being cancelled due to an unnamed source in Square Enix.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Evil Smurf said:
BehattedWanderer said:
Seems legit. I bet it has Kinect voice commands. Everything needs Kinect voice commands.
Have you installed Linux in your toilet and microwave yet? How about your Wii, PS2, calculator, and Nintendo DS?

In my vigorous attempt to avoid MovieBob today, I forgot Critical Miss updated as well. This strip made me laugh, though. I wasn't expecting the sock puppet.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Plucky said:
Is it me, or has the emo girl sorta went through some sort of Art Evolution...she looks a bit less dementedly distant and more...standard compared to the rest of the characters.

If you mean Penny, that isn't her.

These are new characters in the Out of Tens news office. They're currently named ... uh... "fat guy" and "the Asian chick" in our scripts.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
Evil Smurf said:
BehattedWanderer said:
Have you installed Linux in your toilet and microwave yet? How about your Wii, PS2, calculator, and Nintendo DS?

In my vigorous attempt to avoid MovieBob today, I forgot Critical Miss updated as well. This strip made me laugh, though. I wasn't expecting the sock puppet.
My toilet is a server and the shower is where I do my torrents

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
BehattedWanderer said:
I see someone was overcome with installation anxiety.

Grey Carter said:
Plucky said:

If you mean Penny, that isn't her.

These are new characters in the Out of Tens news office. They're currently named ... uh... "fat guy" and "the Asian chick" in our scripts.
I like "fat guy with large 'chops". He's my new favorite. I suppose that means we'll never see him again.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
80Maxwell08 said:
Not a lot of details yet, the community was being asked what they liked most about Heroes 3, in relation to a new project the company could be working on.

It's all here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?620116-Tell-me-why-you-loved-Heroes-of-might-and-Magic-3

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
AbstractStream said:
Maybe you're just knit-picking now.
I'm not sure whether I want to sigh and groan or just laugh my ass off.

And you forgot your sunglasses

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
unacomn said:
80Maxwell08 said:
Not a lot of details yet, the community was being asked what they liked most about Heroes 3, in relation to a new project the company could be working on.

It's all here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?620116-Tell-me-why-you-loved-Heroes-of-might-and-Magic-3
Well apparently I need to make an account there to see so I'll just wait and keep an eye on Paradox for the time being.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Azuaron said:
That's why us American's have two terms for this kind of thing:

An anonymous source: We're making this up.

A source who wishes to remain anonymous: We may actually have a source on this one. But we're still probably making this up.

Captcha: the slogan "no time to waste" is associated with which car?

I have no goddamn clue. Seriously. Captcha questions are supposed to be things like, "What color's the sky" or "Is the Sun yellow," stuff that everybody actually knows, not this marketing crap that you'll only know if you pay attention to marketing.

And, seriously, I realize this is supposed to advertise the car to me, but I'm going to get it wrong, and have no idea which car was even being advertised at me. This is a total failure of both spambot testing and advertisement.

Edit: Picked one at random, happened to be it. Didn't pay enough attention to see which one it was.
If that is the captcha I'm thinkin it is, you don't have to get it right. At all.

There were a few captchas where it would ask me how I felt about such and such product. I literally typed in the words "Piece of shit" and it accepted my answer. Captcha fails are hilarious and sad.

On topic!

That's generally what I assumed they meant when they say it is an anonymous source. Also. Lol.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Kross said:
Tito only wears socks.
I did not need to know that. Unfortunately I just had to read through the post again and your post was placed strategically on the way down.

Guess I was socker-punched.