The Apartments. A real life RP OPEN (used with permition)

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Natalie noticed two people she hadn't seen before starting to unload boxes, and she hurried over to help, eager to get to know the new faces around the place. "Hi there. I haven't seen either of you before," she said when she joined the two. "I'm Natalie. Natalie Miller. You need any help with those?" she asked, indicating the boxes.

Blasphemous Rex

Better Than You
Jul 26, 2009
"Good morrow, mademoiselle. I'm Clinton Welk, but call me Clay. I moves into 15 about a week or two ago. This is my new friend, he's moving into 16, right above me."

Y2K Man

Feb 18, 2010
John was surprised by how friendly people were around here. Stuttering, John replied "As a matter of fact there is one more box, if you wouldn't mind." He reached out to shake Natalie's hand. "I'm John" He turned to Clint and said, "Well, that's too bad. Maybe some other time?"

Blasphemous Rex

Better Than You
Jul 26, 2009
"Oh absolutely," Clay proclaimed to John. "I'll have you over for dinner some time. And maybe the pretty lady would join us, as well," he said charmingly.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Natalie accepted the handshake, and said, "Nice to meet you, both of you." John had a strong, firm handshake; she could tell she was going to like him. She picked up the last box and hefted it with one arm, using the other to tuck a lock of hair behind her ear. "Fifteen and sixteen, you say. I've been living in apartment fourteen for the past year or so, and it's been a little lonely without anyone to talk to, or to watch me practice my lines. Oh, I should tell you, I'm an actress." She smiled as she spoke, a little proud of her career.

When Clay suggested she join them for dinner sometime, Natalie said, "Maybe. Depends on what I'm doing, but it'll be a good way to get to know each other."

Y2K Man

Feb 18, 2010
"Very well, then. Have a good day at work." John turns back to Natalie. "So, how are you?"

Blasphemous Rex

Better Than You
Jul 26, 2009
"Well I don't have to go just yet," Clay scolded John. "A year, huh," he turned to Natalie. "These apartments are pretty new. You must've moved in right when they finished."

Y2K Man

Feb 18, 2010
"I will be delighted to watch you practice your lines." John reaches the door and opens it. "Well, come on in. You can set the stuff down where ever. would you like something to drink, or eat? Or do you need to go as well?"

Blasphemous Rex

Better Than You
Jul 26, 2009
"Thank you," he said, stepping inside. "Not much decor," Clay joked. "But I'm sure you'll get it livened up real soon."

Y2K Man

Feb 18, 2010
"oh, yes. That was one of the things that I had to leave in Alaska. It is too bad."

Blasphemous Rex

Better Than You
Jul 26, 2009
Dude, just edit your post. Don't want the FM's smacking you down. Also, let Counter catch up.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Natalie walked inside and said, "I moved in about a week after they finished the building. I was the first to move in, so I got the first pick. Needless to say, lucky fourteen." She set the box she was carrying in a corner, and turned back to the others. "I'll pass up something to eat or drink for now. Thanks anyway."

Y2K Man

Feb 18, 2010
"No problem, and sorry, I'm tired. It has been a long drive and I just broke up with my girlfriend. My job moves me too much."

Blasphemous Rex

Better Than You
Jul 26, 2009
"Yeah, I better get to work, too. I'll be sending a supper invitation soon, so better not fill your seclude!"

Night, all.

Brian: Your stressing character development. You can save that card for a later conversation when people are around to talk about it.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Natalie walked to the door, and said, "See you around," before giving John a quick wave and leaving his apartment. She hummed a snatch of Under Attack, one of the multitude of songs she had to sing for Mamma Mia!, as she made her way to her own flat. When she got inside, she looked around before finding something to snack on.

Natalie's apartment was nothing special; a couple of framed photographs on the walls, one of which was signed, a double bed strewn with clothes and a decent computer in one corner. She draped her jacket over a chair and sat down, eating an apple and thinking to herself. With John and Clay new to the building, maybe more people would turn up to take the empty apartments later in the week.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"God it's dark out. Hopefully I can see enough to get some of this junk inside," Ryan muttered to himself, his Eastern accent hanging in the air.

He pulled his battered Corolla into to the parking lot, the headlights not really doing their job. He really needed to get a new car. But this was his official getaway car, the one that spirited him from Sheet Harbor across NB and Quebec to the big city. It couldn't be discarded of that easily. Maybe his brother would be able to do something with it.

"Where's that bloody key?" he fumbled around in his pockets, before fishing out the key he affixed to a Blue Jays keychain. "Beauty!"

He grabbed a couple of the boxes out of his car. He'd have to wait until tomorrow to get the bed and other stuff from the storage facility. At least he had the sleeping bag for tonight, and his laptop. He could still do things.

He unlocked the main door and mad his way upstairs towards the apartment he managed to rent. The hallways provided enough light so he could see his destination up ahead.

"12. Lovely. Well, thank god I don't have 13. I don't need any more bad luck then I've already gotten lately."

He slid the keychain out and took the other key on the ring, the one with the large 12 on it, and slid it into place, gaining entry.

He looked around. This was clearly the living room/kitchen section and it was certainly spacious enough. He looked around the corner and saw a hallway connecting three doors.

"Must be the bathroom and other two rooms down there," he reasoned. "What am I gonna do with that other room? I really don't need it. Ah well, maybe it can become my think zone or something."

He set up camp in the living room, rolling out his sleeping bag and grabbing his pillow out of the box. As he came back over, he wasn't looking where he was going, and stepped heavily on the bag, causing it to slide out from under him and send him crashing to the hardwood floor.

"Ah, bloody hell!" he shouted after his knees knocked against the veneer. Shoot, that was loud. Hope I didn't wake anyone. Ah if I did I'll hear about it tomorrow most likely.