The artist in thee

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
Jobz post=18.72805.773672 said:
Labyrinth post=18.72805.773657 said:

Sorry for the bad quality. It was too big to scan.

The above was an 18th birthday gift for a friend. He's saving up to get it inked.
That looks really cool O.O

The Cyber Punk Wings I mean, but the other one is good too.
Yeah. I plan to be a tattooist. And it'll be awesome.

Smash Tabby

Sep 11, 2008
Ok, I'll bite.
Here is my youtube page. On it I have two pantomimes that I have made within the last couple years, one called "Sweet and Sour Revenge", and the newer, more refined one, "Without Novocain". If you want you can also check out my 11 minute short film, "Circumstantially Pompous", divided into three parts.
Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SmashTabby

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Here's some Poetry I did a few years back. I've got shitloads of it, but I'm unsure to it's quality, so I'll just post one.

I find it wrong, to try and describe
The feelings I get, when I look in your eyes
A smile on your face puts a smile on mine
A longing for your lips, I cannot deny
A passion for life, you and I share
From the tips of my toes, to the ends of your hair
You've so many traits, all which I admire
A place in my heart, there is no higher
Though we never may meet, I cannot suppress
My loving of you, which bursts through my chest
I don't know why I continue to harbor this wish
It clear in your ocean, I'm just another fish
So I guess I'll laugh out loud, and return to my sleep
Where we shall be together, a dream I shall keep

Jobz

May 5, 2008
Labyrinth post=18.72805.773677 said:
Jobz post=18.72805.773672 said:
Labyrinth post=18.72805.773657 said:

Sorry for the bad quality. It was too big to scan.

The above was an 18th birthday gift for a friend. He's saving up to get it inked.
That looks really cool O.O

The Cyber Punk Wings I mean, but the other one is good too.
Yeah. I plan to be a tattooist. And it'll be awesome.
Sweet. I can't draw so I couldn't be a tattooist. I have given piercings in the past, but that was not a very good idea as it turned out. I shall commission you to do my first tattoo once I'm famous for taking over helping the world.

Johnny Ringo

Sep 29, 2008

Painted this sometime in '07. Originally it was going to be a standard road with some trees on the side. Basically what had happened was that I had gotten lazy and picked a photo last second. After sketching it out I still didn't feel like going through with the painting so I decided to change the color scheme.

My favorite by far, not so much for it's quality but for it's personal value to myself.

Meh. Decided to foray into black-and-white and found some picture on Life magazine. I've no particular attachment to it but apparently everyone else I know does.

Jobz

May 5, 2008
Aries_Split post=18.72805.773695 said:
Here's some Poetry I did a few years back. I've got shitloads of it, but I'm unsure to it's quality, so I'll just post one.

Poem Removed To Avoid Quote Wall
That's really good, nice work.

Labyrinth

Oct 14, 2007
Jobz post=18.72805.773696 said:
Sweet. I can't draw so I couldn't be a tattooist. I have given piercings in the past, but that was not a very good idea as it turned out. I shall commission you to do my first tattoo once I'm famous for taking over helping the world.
Just make sure you don't try to get one of the first I do. Guarantee they'll be shite.

And Aires, that's really good writing. I'd love to see your more recent work.

Jobz

May 5, 2008
Labyrinth post=18.72805.773707 said:
Jobz post=18.72805.773696 said:
Just make sure you don't try to get one of the first I do. Guarantee they'll be shite.
Well of course, they'll make you practice on pig skin before you do the customers (That's how they used to do it anyway, not sure if they still do).

EDIT: 500th Post! Woo!

Mar 26, 2008
Your shading is exceptional. I know when I try and do something like that it is smudge city.
How are you with colours?

Myself, I write and design tattoos. As none of my tattoo designs have been scanned yet (there are sitting in a folio), I've included the opening bit of this short story I've been writing.

The boiling sky seemed to split apart as bright streaks of lightning etched themselves upon its vast expanse. The rickety schooner pitched violently portside as it was battered by yet another unforgiving wave.
The manic captain of the "Venturer" tumbled to the hardwood deck, the bloody knife he held slipping from his grasp and sent skittering under the rigging. He desperately staggered to his feet, reeling sideways as another freakish wave rocked the weary vessel. He used this momentum to turn and face the source of his anxiety.
Through the driving rain she emerged, like the beam of a distant lighthouse. She seemed oblivious to the chaos around her, her stride was steady, unfaltering and her eyes shone with unwavering purpose. Despite the salty spray of the sea burning his tired eyes, eyes that had not known sleep in days, he could clearly see that the stab wounds he had inflicted upon her had already healed. All that remained were a few runny bloodstains on her lavish corset. It was a sight that turned his own blood to ice.
'Why won't you die, ye traitorous wench!?' he yelled, trying to make himself heard above the storm.
'It will take more than your best to stop me' she responded coldly.
The captain backpedaled gingerly. Any courage he had left deserted him.
'You've taken my entire crew! What more do you want?' he cried. Her response shook him to the very core.
'Your life' she said flatly, advancing toward him.
His jaw dropped in a silent gasp and he turned to run, only to come crashing up against the weathered railing. A blast of icy water hit him front on, temporarily blinding him and then he felt her iron-like grip on his shoulders, followed by a sharp pain as she drove her teeth into his exposed neck.
The roar of the tempest drowned out his final cry.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
I do what I call quickie poetry. All the stuff I write is written within ten minutes. If I can't finish it by then, I throw it away.

A lot of the times I write a piece of poetry, then brush it up later. I've got some more recent work as well though.

In a neighborhood dark, in a small house shabby
Sits 15 year old Johnny, a' strummin' away
With every missed note, and every messed up chord
He just wants to make it big some day
To get out of the island, to leave the nest
To escape this town and get far far away, he'd put in his prayers some way.

One day Johnny was walking home, when shots from a gun rang BANG BANG
Turned out a local gang, doused in hate, didn't like the colors he wore
And with a lock and a load, and a shot and show
15 year old Johnny was no more.

It's rough I know, but it was written about 5 days ago when I was bored. I like to tell stories in my poetry.

Labyrinth

Oct 14, 2007
Programmed_For_Damage post=18.72805.773730 said:
Your shading is exceptional. I know when I try and do something like that it is smudge city.
How are you with colours?
I've never really gotten into colour drawing, though I have a huge collection of pencils that I use on occasion. For that, I tend to go more to the painting side of things. As such:

I'm also looking to sell this, so if you're interested and preferably in the NSW Australia area, let me know.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
I can't draw to save my life; I once managed to screw up a stick figure.

I write short stores, though; as in four, five page long short stories.

And essays that might not be quite as long.

Apologies for not posting anything, but I'm sure you all understand. I might post something later; I'm feeling pretty cheeky at the moment.

Ares Tyr

Aug 9, 2008
Drawings are here...

[spoiler = Unfinished/Most Recent]
[/spoiler]

This is the only thing I've ever done in photoshop under the instruction of a photography teacher. I'm the guy in the jeans and brown shirt.

That's about it. Except for the first drawing, everything else is nearly a year old. I drew that first thing today after not drawing for something like 8 or so months.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Some really professional work here. I like the Anger one Labyrinth cause his neck looks so strained. But the other's are great. I can draw stick people really well. Like really awesome stick people!

elffymon

Apr 11, 2008
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/elffymon/stuff/elfdollfront.jpg

something i made a few years ago

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/elffymon/DSC01083.jpg

Wings, peacock mainly. i entered them into a competition and never got them back

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/elffymon/DSC02181.jpg

work in progress, Im going to paint blue/gray and purplish succulents in the centres