The artist in thee

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
*Sigh*
I'll never get as good as Labyrinth or anyone else on this thread for that matter... not as long as I have my fucktard classmates dragging me down...

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
The Iron Ninja post=18.72805.788253 said:
When I first saw videos of Spore a few years ago, I decided I wanted to make an race of sentient Crabs, I drew an epic (overused word I know, but It was epic, it was like 300) picture of Crabs battling Will Wright's Care Bears. It was very gory. But I seem to have lost it.
Aw man, seeing that would've made my day :(

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
While I'm thinking of it...

BAM [http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanguard1219/]

Flickr Profile. Enjoy.

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
A bit of background. I've found that I'm not scared of much. The only two things that I would say terrify the shit out of me are public speaking (ironic, because I do it a lot at protests) and the idea of nuclear war.

Hey ma, I'm home. Ma? Are you okay? I'm home, hello...

Look, I'm sorry I've been away for several days, I can't cross the city in one go any more. I think I'm getting weaker. I've started coughing up blood.

Oh, ma. You let the fire go out. You'll freeze if you do that. Fah, stone cold ashes and everything. It needs starting again too, I managed to find some food which would be better warmed up.

Could you just say something, anything? Please? It's because I smell like the rain, isn't it. I know you kept telling me not to go out in the rain. The new rain burns if you dance in it, I know, but I had to. I couldn't make it back otherwise. I'm sorry, please just say something. Please.

The sky's still on fire, ma. And the big flags over by the main hall are about ready to fall down, they're rather burnt by now. The wind doesn't smell like death as much though. Still does in here. Ugh.

I saw a flower today, Ma. They said nothing would grow again for decades if the war happened, but there it was, sticking up between the paving slabs like some weird gesture against what happened. Remember it?

The buildings toppling in on themselves, the bitter taste in the air. The light, always the light from the sky being on fire. Remember? Gah, I'd be shocked if you remember anything ma, you haven't moved for months. Haven't drunk, haven't eaten. I know you prefer for me to eat, but I don't feel right having it all.

How about today, ma? Eating yet? Come on, I've apologised, so please talk to me. You're always like this. Would you talk if I brought you that flower I saw? Would it make you happy enough to acknowledge my existence?

I'm sick of being alone. Please talk to me. Sick of this broke city. Sick of the burning rain. Maybe God will wake up some time and put the sky out. Maybe there's no sun up there any more, just endless fire, everywhere, burning eternally like the pits of hell. Maybe that's where we are now. In hell. For what we did to the world.

Ma? Food's done.

Ma?

Please talk to me, I miss talking. Please wake up.

I don't want to be alone.

Those are some interesting photos, Vanguard. The Derelict Farm series was good too, and the use of greyscale really brought out the chilling features of the place.

Joethekoeller is that a self portrait? Either way, it's well done. You've got some good brush skills there.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Thanks for the criticism, Labrinth. It means a lot. I usually update the photostream on a regular basis, so be sure to check it out for updates now and again.

In the meantime, here are a couple of the photos from the "Derelict Farm" series that she was just talking about...

Labyrinth

Oct 14, 2007
joethekoeller post=18.72805.830433 said:
The process involved taking a picture of me, printing it black and white on a transparency and projecting it onto the canvas, marking with pencil what I wanted to color how. But it's more awesome not knowing that.
I've done that for more Rock Eisteddfod sets than I care to count.

And here's a top hat I made for Halloween. Pictures of the complete outfit will come later, as it's not the only part I edited/made myself.

Labyrinth

Oct 14, 2007
Hokay. Here's some work from school, shock horror.

And lo, the metal tyrant stood and ruled over all. He belched out foul gas for the torment of those around him. And the world fell in on itself.

-------

Does it show that I'm not a fan of cars?
Produced as part of a Photography project in a darkroom, retouched a bit in Gimp.

If you desperately need to use this as stock for something, kindly let me know. I'm not adverse to it in the slightest, I'd just like to see the result.

mr mcshiznit

Apr 10, 2008
Labyrinth post=18.72805.773623 said:
And some more. Some of these have been posted before.

Holy crap i envy you so much you hve no idea, i can ruin a stick figure.

Labyrinth

Oct 14, 2007
mr mcshiznit post=18.72805.842629 said:
Holy crap i envy you so much you hve no idea, i can ruin a stick figure.
That stick figure deserved to die, I bet.

Labyrinth

Oct 14, 2007
NewClassic said:

I've been feeling kinda mech-y recently.
You really should colour and tone that. It'd look great.

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
Labyrinth, I am going to steal your pencil-drawing talent. Beautiful work. ^.^

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
Labyrinth post=18.72805.864689 said:
NewClassic said:

You really should color and tone that. It'd look great.
I totally would, but I blow hardcore at coloring. Besides, I like the way my pencil shading looks. It'd look a lot better if it were scanned, though. Shame I don't have a scanner up here in college.

Ah well, I'm still happy with it. I've been drawing a lot recently. Next time I'm near a scanner, I'll dump a whole ton of pictures.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
NewClassic said:
Labyrinth post=18.72805.864689 said:
NewClassic said:

You really should color and tone that. It'd look great.
I totally would, but I blow hardcore at coloring. Besides, I like the way my pencil shading looks. It'd look a lot better if it were scanned, though. Shame I don't have a scanner up here in college.

Ah well, I'm still happy with it. I've been drawing a lot recently. Next time I'm near a scanner, I'll dump a whole ton of pictures.
When you finally get a scanner, you can try coloring it by doing a vector drawing of it in Illustrator or something. It's worked for me before, and with some practice it'll look great.