The Avatar Adventure Webcomic!{Not Looking for Anymore Applicants}

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
Beltom1066 said:
If you still need an animator/artist I might be able to do something. Here's a few examples of stuff i've done:
http://beltom1066.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=5884638
I'm quite good at backgrounds so if you need anything like that I could help.
Well, we already have an artist, but I'll ask her if she needs help. I don't know much about comic art, so maybe you guys can tag team or something.

Zyconis

Apr 15, 2009
I'm glad to be on the team!
I can't wait to get started on whatever it is we end up doing!

=D

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
Ramthundar said:
Beltom1066 said:
If you still need an animator/artist I might be able to do something. Here's a few examples of stuff i've done:
http://beltom1066.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=5884638
I'm quite good at backgrounds so if you need anything like that I could help.
Well, we already have an artist, but I'll ask her if she needs help. I don't know much about comic art, so maybe you guys can tag team or something.
Ok, if I can help that's cool, but if not, good luck with the project anyway, hope it goes well.

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
Alright, just a quick update, we now have all the writers and artists we can handle. Now to begin the process of making a webcomic!

First, we need to set up a where all writers can meet and discuss the Comic. So, I need
A)for all writers to PM me their MSN messenger. If you don't have or can't get MSN, please PM with an alternate.
b)you're schedules, ie when you're available online for at least an hour at a time. I realize that not all writers will be fully-professional adults, so we will have to try to find the best time for all of us to meet and discuss the webcomic.
The first few meetings will be to get down a basic plot line for season one, and then we'll scrip the first comics.

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
Alright, here are two dates planned for THIS WEEK.

EITHER

12:00PM Thursday (8pm for Britain and Ireland, 9pm for Norway, 10am for West Coast USA, 11am for Middle USA, 1pm for East Coast USA.)

OR

8pm on Sunday. {2am for Britain and Ireland, 3am for Norway, 6pm for West Coast, 7pm for Middle usa, and 9pm for east coast.)

As for Canada, Shapster, I don't know cause I don't know your area.

If I didn't say your time zone, check it here [http://www.worldtimezone.com/]

Please post here or PM to vote on what time. Thank you! :)

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Ramthundar said:

EITHER

12:00PM Thursday (8pm for Britain and Ireland, 9pm for Norway, 10am for West Coast USA, 11am for Middle USA, 1pm for East Coast USA.)

OR

8pm on Sunday. {2am for Britain and Ireland, 3am for Norway, 6pm for West Coast, 7pm for Middle usa, and 9pm for east coast.)

Hopefully everyone has some basic mini-stories set up so we can throw some ideas around tomorrow, I have some that need some tweaking if they are going to be used... so I dont mind some people changing it abit, all I have done is written out the comedic parts of some stories... they still need some bulk to them. :D

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
Evil Jak said:
Ah, thank you for reminding me Jak.

I ask that all members bring a few ideas to the first meeting. But for the Original AA players, I ask you write down what you can remember of the First AA thread (Escapist Avatar Adventure!)
Unfortunately, due to the little "conflict," that thread was locked and deleted. So, if we plan on starting the webcomic there, we need to try to remember it. If we can get a good chunk of it remembered, we'll then fill it in with new dialog.

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
Multi-Kill said:
My time zone is GMT-5 of the eastern united states, so, does that mean I should continue playing all the Fallout 3 DLC my folks got me for my birthday on July 7th or should I play only until and earlier or later period?
Well, if you'd like to contribute with a fully working mind, then I'd suggest waiting a bit.
And Happy Birthday!

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Ramthundar said:

EITHER

OR

Well, jeez, don;t I feel left out as the only Canadian :(

Also, we have the same time zones as the states, I am on the west coast. Normally Thursday would work but I will be away until 11:00 am. After that I am free until later that day. As for Sunday, my sisters wedding is this weekend so I will be away until Monday.

Zyconis

Apr 15, 2009
There's no way I can make the Thursday one, I'll be about to leave my house for good.
But by Sunday we'll be in Illinois and I'll have internet access, so that one I can make.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Okay guys, I have written up 2 basic stories... they need bulking up to fit an 8-16 panel comic, but do that on thursdays or sundays as that is where we do the writting business. :)

Obviously an actual character name has to be insertd into place, one that can be spelt 2 ways preferably.
"John"

Guy: Hey John, come over... *waving John over*
Next Panel
"John": It's Jon. *Walking over*
Next panel
Guy: What? *Looks confused*
Next panel
"John": You got my name wrong, it's Jon. *Looks fed up*
Next panel (Double-merged)
Guy: How would you even know if I spell you're name wrong when I speak it?
*Scratches head, still looking confused*
"John": I just read that box up there. *Points at speech bubble*

This one REALLY requires padding, I basically just came up with a punch line... this needs work.
Introduction for the first guest writer/artist

*couple of characters saying some inconsequential things (maybe just some comedy re-cap of things gone by) while Guest is getting closer for a few comic panels until third to last panel*
Character: Erm, who are you?
Guest: *Smiles* I'm the guest writer/artist.
Next panel
Character: Oh... Okay.
*Both smile toward reader because the lazy writers managed to make a comic out of this!*

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
UPDATE: The AA Webcomic meeting has now been moved to 8pm on Sunday. {2am for Britain and Ireland, 3am for Norway, 6pm for West Coast, 7pm for Middle usa, and 9pm for east coast.)

PLEASE pm saying wether or not you can make it. Thank you.

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
Multi-Kill said:
Who's the artist?
If you look closer, you'll see that the rather obvious answer to that is "Matronadena".

Evil Jak said:
Okay guys, I have written up 2 basic stories... they need bulking up to fit an 8-16 panel comic, but do that on thursdays or sundays as that is where we do the writting business. :)

Obviously an actual character name has to be insertd into place, one that can be spelt 2 ways preferably.
Wait. How are we doing this again? Are we going to make up something entirely different?

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Daye.04 said:
Multi-Kill said:
Who's the artist?
If you look closer, you'll see that the rather obvious answer to that is "Matronadena".

Evil Jak said:

Wait. How are we doing this again? Are we going to make up something entirely different?
Dude, me, Multi-Kill and Ramthundar have already had a meeting on MSN... all the writers were supposed to be there.

But no, these are just some things to be placed in with part of the story. Like I said it needs bulking up with characters and story.

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
Evil Jak said:
Dude, me, Multi-Kill and Ramthundar have already had a meeting on MSN... all the writers were supposed to be there.

But no, these are just some things to be placed in with part of the story. Like I said it needs bulking up with characters and story.
Well, I am terribly sorry for having a life I have to attend, thus not being able to ckeck back on threads that doesn't neccessarily contain important updates. I shall try to refrain from my other duties from now on. Does that sound good to you?

And besides:
Ramthundar said:
UPDATE: The AA Webcomic meeting has now been moved to 8pm on Sunday. {2am for Britain and Ireland, 3am for Norway, 6pm for West Coast, 7pm for Middle usa, and 9pm for east coast.)

PLEASE pm saying wether or not you can make it. Thank you.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Daye.04 said:
Evil Jak said:

Well, I am terribly sorry for having a life I have to attend, thus not being able to ckeck back on threads that doesn't neccessarily contain important updates. I shall try to refrain from my other duties from now on. Does that sound good to you?
Woah woah woah my Norwegian friend, calm down!

Lets everybody take a breath.