The Baby Has A Name: Xbox One

AkatsukiLeader13

Mar 12, 2012
Wow... Well if Microsoft (and possibly Sony) want to screw over the consumer over than I'll return to Nintendo for my console gaming.

lostlevel

Nov 6, 2008
Hithlain said:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/7988d628e06c51de827b57020c61c18b/tumblr_mn5utiGvZg1rj9mdto1_500.jpg

That is all.
I guess it is more like the Xbox DVR now,
the love child of that Toshiba and a CD-i.

Perhaps if we are going backwards I'll get one of my old consoles out of the loft and then at least it will be about games again.

antidark777

Aug 12, 2009
arc1991 said:
luvd1 said:
Froggy Slayer said:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407912/microsoft-confirms-pre-owned-fee-for-xbox-one/

Welp, nice knowing you Microsoft. You crazy, crazy assholes.
Really? REALLY!?! They will charge you to play a second hand game? You can't even lend a friend a game in that case.
No.

"that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc."

Pay to download the game to the Xbox, you can still play it from the Hard Disk. WITHOUT installing.

Can people fucking read the article please.
A lot of games in this (and most likely the next) gen REQUIRE installation of their game before playing

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
It might still be the better console, but they've just shot themselves in the foot in this race with how utterly boring and lazy not only the name is, but also its design.

captacha: you have my stapler

Yes, let's see if this boring box can surprise us and set some shit on fire.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
"Hello, I would like two xbox ones please."
"How many xbox's? One?"
"No, two."
"You mean the xbox360?"
"No, the xbox one."
"Ok, you only want one, but which model?"
"The xbox one!"

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
Well this hasn't convinced me I should be moving consoles to Microsoft at any rate... and I'm not really liking this idea that the Xbone is somehow always listening and watching. But I guess it's only fair to wait until E3 to see if they have a surprise to redeem themselves, and it is nice to know that it isn't 'always-on' (per se) as rumours thought.

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
Hithlain said:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/7988d628e06c51de827b57020c61c18b/tumblr_mn5utiGvZg1rj9mdto1_500.jpg

That is all.
^ This!
My first thought on seeing it was wondering if the top popped up for the VHS tapes...

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
AkatsukiLeader13 said:
Wow... Well if Microsoft (and possibly Sony) want to screw over the consumer over than I'll return to Nintendo for my console gaming.
Yes, Nintendo only screws over Let's Play video creators.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Gmans uncle said:
So our lineup for the next 5ish years is (if I'm hearing this correctly) PS4, Xbox One, and WiiU... Are all the naming departments on strike at these giant electronics corporations or something?
PS4 is fine, and the only one there that actually sounds like a successor.

PS1
PS2
PS3
PS4

Wii
Wii U

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One

The Playstation naming department still have basic maths skills.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
No used games/rentals, fees everywhere, Kinect 2, no backwards compatibility. Yyyyyyeah, I'm out. Wouldn't buy this for more than 50$, and even then I would really consider it.

Mar 26, 2008
Timmey said:
Not sure about the name, preferred the idea of infinite. Still more details required before I can pass judgement.
So did I. I'm not sure about the name; I don't love it, but I don't hate it. I don't think indifference is the type of thing you want for a new console though.

nexus

May 30, 2012
It looks like an 80's VCR, it really does.

Not that it's a problem, mind.. as I don't care what it looks like, only how it performs and what I can play on it. After all, I still game on a full-tower desktop -- fans whirring and everything.

They're way.. waaay too interested in "social media" stuff, we have cell phones and PC's for that. Also, Microsoft continues to disturb me with their creep towards "biometrics". Devices that use your body to activate and/or use technology. Voice activation, heartbeat sensor, full body head-to-toe visual confirmation -- all of which is connected to a device constantly accessing their first class network. What's next, fingerprint confirmation to turn it on? If you use Xbox Live, you have to drop down your credit card just to sign-on and play, with your residence listed, and full name. It registers with their servers .. every. single. month. Hey, why not integrate your Facebook, so they also have access to everything about you, all your interests, your entire family and all your friends.

No thank you, *tinfol hat off*

(Besides, I'd rather spend that sizable chunk of cash on a hardware upgrade for my PC or something, or a new projector..)

BurningWyvern90

May 21, 2013
Everything about this console just looks like everything Microsoft could have possibly done wrong shoved behind a facade of fancy technology that no one actually wants.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
And in the opening minutes of the match, the score reads: XBox - 1, Playstation - 4.

(How the Wii managed to score a U, we'll be turning to the judges to explain after these messages.)

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Arina Love said:
while Sony nailed their reveal, MS was disappointing so much fluff and uninteresting stuff i barely made through an hour it took without turning it off.
nailed reveal = not actually showing console?

i guess our standards are a bit lower these days...

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Adon Cabre said:
*snip*[HEADING=2]Winner - Sony[/HEADING]
You misspelled "PC". ;P

More seriously though it can't be just me seeing that everything is going downhill with this console generation. It feels less like a "which system is the best for your personal preference" and more "which company is the least douchey".

Seems like we have to pick between forced peripherals with horrible battery life and youtube claiming, worlds worst DRM on a wannabe PC that looks like a VCR and has full voice activation (which probably won't work but that's just speculation), and/or forced leaderboards/facebook integration/social networking, and a touch pad (oh boy, more peripherals that probably won't work).

And that's not really a choice I want to make because it feels like I'm getting screwed on all ends. So I'll just stick with my PC this generation probably.
(Then throw a world class hissy fit when KI3 finally gets announced/is debunked and looks like crap/doesn't exist...)

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
X-Box One...Nintendo Wii U...Come on Sony, let's see if you can make a console name for this generation even more ridiculous.