The Baby Has A Name: Xbox One

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
.... suddenly I think I prefer the name 720.

Horrible name for 3rd Xbox

Xbox on (always)
Xbox dOne

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Wow, that thing looks like a black version of my old VHS player that was made in the 80s.

HavoK 09

Apr 1, 2010
and people were says

wiiU, is bad, sounds like a siren blah blah blah.

ps4, bland, uncreative...

now xbox one... ONE, all the other possiblitiies were better. 720, infinity...

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Read Forza 5 is a launch title. Awesome news. Its about time a console was released with aproper exclusive title on launch. This is what WiiU should have done, but they never do.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Xbox One? What?

Have to hand it to Microsoft. They proved us wrong with a worse name than Infinity.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
It is a smart thing for Microsoft to do in some respects, leaving most of the gaming for E3. This just seems more for their investors.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Karloff said:
"Xbox On," you'll say, and the little fella off to the right will do it for you. No more manual login, no more fiddling around. This is the device Microsoft will be calling Xbox One, as revealed today by the folks over at Redmond.
>
Erm, what? "Xbox On"? Isn't one pronounced as "Won"?

OT:How could they fuck this up? Just call it the friggin "Xbox" ffs.

Ironside

Mar 5, 2012
Well it looks like it was designed by a blind man and the name is pretty stupid. If i do ever decide one of these expensive paper weights I would at least like it to look moderately good this time since looking at it would probably be the most I would use it for. (unless of course they have some cool looking exclusives this gen)

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Please Sony, don't mess up on the console reveal. Microsoft's console is a box with a box behind it and is solid black: Give the PS4 some style and you'll win this one.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Hagi said:
So...

Any word on whether or not it'll play games? I mean Skype's cool and all but...

You know...

Shouldn't there be some game-related information for a reveal of a games-console?
It isn't a video game console any more... just let go. It's alright, everything will be OK. Shhhh...

OT: This is just the final nail in Microsoft's coffin as far as I'm concerned. I don't want a multimedia box, I want a god damned video game console.

Ordinarily I can ignore all the other content they stick inside it, I honestly have with the 360, but since they've made zero mention of its main function, the ability to actually play games... well that's done it for me. I'm sticking with Sony for this round of consoles.

RaNDM G said:
Xbox One? What?

At the moment that's looking like the far superior console. I loved my original Xbox so much.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That is one ugly piece of hardware.

Not sexy at all, and neither is the name.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I feel both disinterested and underwhelmed by this announcement so far. The look of the Xbox One is ok but reminds me of my old VCR. As for the announcement of titles, the majority of them are sports titles and a FPS.

Unless Xbox offers something more that will tickle my fancy in the near future, this is the best response I've got for the Xbox One and its future games (which happens to be my avatar)...

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
I think Microsoft forgot how to count.
Seriously not a name I expected, nor want now. And it looks like what everyone else is say, a friggin VCR from the 80's, and bad looking one at that to be honest.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
Welp I guess I'll pick one up in about... ..four years time?

You know, once it hits £40 and I know for certain I'm not getting PC or PS3/4 ports of the games I want.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Who'd've thought that "Playstation 4" would end up far and away the best name of this console generation.