The Banhammer and You: A User's Guide to the Forums

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
To tell the truth, I found this very helpful and will prevent me from making threads such as "halo vs. call of duty" again, which I received a warning for. Thank you very much!

Magnus

Dec 12, 2011
Didn't Banhammer do the music for Miami Vice, and he's now a forum moderater, where did it all go wrong?!

GirDraconis

Jun 11, 2011
DigitalSushi said:
RetardedKitty said:
So wait, i have a blog with a project/idea and i can't ask people for opinion about it becouse im advertising it ? wtf...
Yep, sorry about that, you need to put a link to your profile if you want to advertise your blog.
First off, thank you OP for this post. It was very well written and perfectly clear. I've been a member here on The Escapist for a little over five months but have been a little nervous making posts since I was a little uncertain as to why some posts received suspensions or bans. Now, I am much more clear as to what needs to be done. I'm looking forward to becoming a productive member of this community.

As to the quote I've high-lighted, I'm glad you posted this info. I would've undoubtedly posted a link to my sound cloud page, completely unknowing that I was causing trouble.

GirDraconis

Jun 11, 2011
DigitalSushi said:
RetardedKitty said:
So wait, i have a blog with a project/idea and i can't ask people for opinion about it becouse im advertising it ? wtf...
Yep, sorry about that, you need to put a link to your profile if you want to advertise your blog.
First off, thank you OP for this post. It was very well written and perfectly clear. I've been a member here on The Escapist for a little over five months but have been a little nervous making posts since I was a little uncertain as to why some posts received suspensions or bans. Now, I am much more clear as to what needs to be done. I'm looking forward to becoming a productive member of this community.

As to the quote I've high-lighted, I'm glad you posted this info. I would've undoubtedly posted a link to my sound cloud page, completely unknowing that I was causing trouble.

hexFrank202

Mar 21, 2010
This thread was locked:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/528.335973-Why-guns-must-be-regulated-in-the-USA#13564864

I would like to make an appeal that this kind of stuff is not trolling. If you talk about politics, anger and arguments ensue 100% of the time. The only thing different here is that I'm impersonating the incorrect side. I do this for multiple reasons:
1: To get to the heart of what the people on the incorrect side are really saying.
2: To refine and groom the arguments held by those who are not incorrect; to help them realize how right they are.
3: To have political debates without as much of the stress. When I'm arguing for the correct, truthful side, the wrong people often nitpick everything I say with insane thoroughness (I actually have to be held up to the truth, after all, unlike them); being wrong on purpose brings about better results with less tension.
4: And fine, it is fun to watch fights break out. But again, all political conversation ends up in a fiery debate; there's nothing wrong with intelligent, restrained arguing.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Now that is ironic, the first replier was permanently banned. Didn't quite get the message, eh?

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
I one time aspired to be a mod. But then I realized that I would have to be on every day and then I would have to listen to the whiners.

The Mods do a great job. Keep up the good work.

FLT

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Gilhelmi said:
I one time aspired to be a mod. But then I realized that I would have to be on every day and then I would have to listen to the whiners.

The Mods do a great job. Keep up the good work.

FLT
Thank you very much Gilhelmi, I'm sure the rest of Nasrin's army of idiots Mod Team appreciate your thanks as much as I do.

If you got any issues, don't be shy, hit us up.

edit: oh and like Gilhelmi stated, while being a Mod seems glamorous, I assure you it is not.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
DigitalSushi said:
edit: oh and like Gilhelmi stated, while being a Mod seems glamorous, I assure you it is not.
Really, it sounds like very glamorous work to me but even if it's not it's hard work that we are glad you guys do.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
staika said:
DigitalSushi said:
Really, it sounds like very glamorous work to me but even if it's not it's hard work that we are glad you guys do.
Does being a mod have it's benefits? Yes and we thank the staff for those benefits very much.

Is it lots of work, very tiresome and stressful to do nonetheless? Hell yeah, it's why me and at least two other mods quit to put more time towards our studying.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
staika said:
DigitalSushi said:
Does being a mod have it's benefits? Yes and we thank the staff for those benefits very much.

Is it lots of work, very tiresome and stressful to do nonetheless? Hell yeah, it's why me and at least two other mods quit to put more time towards our studying.
You couldn't hack it, you quitter!
Not that I'm bitter all my Mods in Arm that were asked at the same time as me have all quit or anything.

Only messing peeps, I have huge respect for Zombie_Fish (for he wields a rocket propelled chainsaw), but he is right in that you should prioritise your education over wanting to become a moderator.

I actually think people who want to be mods make bad mods, why do you want that position? for power? recognition? no no no, that isn't what a moderator is (the clue is in the name), you should help, not hinder.

You are not here for yourself, you are here for others because its a community, whether your a moderator or not, help out other users and make their time here and your time here more fun, because if it was just you... then there wouldn't be a community.