The best and worst final boss?

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Best:

Persona 4 spoilers inside

Izanami
The final final boss from Persona 4 for having the best post boss fight "speech" i've ever seen, but an honourable mention goes to "the culprit" for his/her epic pre boss fight speech on the nature of the world, i'm a sucker for those types of speeches

*looks over post* yep i think the ambiguity is preserved for anyone who happens to be playing it, seriously i'd feel terrible if i ruined the story for anyone

Worst: Fable 2 or Borderlands for obvious reasons

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
Best: Boss from MGS3, or possibly Virgil from DMC3

Worst: Jinpachi from Tekken 5... That dude was unkillable.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Best, I think simply on the merit that you're charging down a dragon while riding a flaming horse I'm going to go for Abaddon from Darksiders.

Worst, Fable 2. You shoot him once. And if you don't Stephen Fry does.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Best: Shah Khan. Just because he taught you ever chance he gets cause he knows your puny punches will do NOTHING to him.

Worst: Joker from AA. That game was so AMAZING up to that point and I was disappointed. I was like, "But...i'm just fighting the normal bad guys like I been doing the whole game. WHY put joker in the last fight if we can't FIGHT him...

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
Best: MGS4 and Deadly Premonition (both for the sheer surreal and emotional impact of the fights)

Worst: Fable 2 and 3 (I love Fable but *roar* those boss battles were horrid)

Damon Brood

Jul 18, 2011
Best: Jack of Blades, Fable. Pre-Dragon phase that is, the dragon was frustrating.

Worst: Fable 2, Lucien, I am disappoint.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
best: the Archdemon, Dragon Age: Origins. took me forever to beat it at the upper levels
worst: Lucien, Fable 2... oy

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
I'm not really sure Lucien counts as a final boss. He's more of an interactive ending. I consider the Spire Shard to be Fable 2's final boss. Not much better, admittedly, but at least it puts up a fight.

As for my favorite, Yami from Okami, definitely. Its a nice, long fight thats bookended and punctuated by a couple very good cutscenes. Also, the boss theme is one of the best, if not the best song in the game. Plus the fight just has a great feel. Its long, tricky without being overly difficult, and acts like a big final test for the game, making you use everything you've learned throughout the game as you go. Its very cool. Plus, Yami just looks damn cool.

Worst....well, there have been a lot of genuinely BAD fights, but for most disappointing I'm gonna go with the Human Reaper from ME2. Its short, its boring. Its a fairly CLIMATIC fight, but it comes right after one of the most intense sections of the game and just kills all the pacing. Plus, the Reaper looks stupid >___>. Like a giant Terminator.

rutcommapat

Jul 1, 2011
The worst end boss battle I've ever faced was the one from GTA Chinatown Wars.

EDIT: I take that back. The one from NOVA 2 is worse.

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
Let's see...my best boss fight...I'd say it's the final boss of Assassin's Creed, who will not be mentioned for the sake of spoilers. However, as a boss, he was beyond epic and the fight was very creative.

The worst...well, off the top of my head, it'd be Bowser from Super Mario Galaxy. Yeah, it's epic, but it's too damn short and too damn easy! Give me something that'll really push me!

bobert17

Jul 19, 2011
Best: MGS4 hands down. so satisfying and emotionally involving.

Worst: Shao Kahn from MK9. the guy who designed that boss battle needs to be sodomized with a pineapple.

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
Best: I dunno, I really liked Scott Pilgrim vs. The World's final boss, Gideon Graves. It gave me nostalgic memories about old bosses, what with the 3 forms and such.

Worst: Pretty much every fighting game. I love fighting games, but the bosses always feel like they're artificial difficulty, always taking absurd amounts of damage and dishing out about the same. Now, I'm all for difficulty, as long as there's strategy involved, not mash buttons and spam the fuck out of them before they murder you.

Fenix7

Jun 14, 2011
Kahunaburger said:
Worst: Toss-up between Borderlands (the squid, not General Knoxx. General Knoxx is awesome.)
Agreed, Borderlands last boss was amazingly shallow.

Best...? I really liked TWEWY's last boss.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Iwata said:
Worst: Hmm... probably the Valkyrie Gunship from "Warhammer 40K: Fire Warrior". Because I'm a Fire Warrior shooting down a Valkyrie Gunship.
Well that isn't technically the final "final boss", but...

...a Fire Warrior destroying a Valkyrie is strange, however, I think a Fire Warrior killing a freakin' Greater Daemon of Tzeentch is even more far fetched.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Best: OoT
Worst: Borderlands

I'm basing this off how the boss finishes the story.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Best: Ocelot in Metal Gears Solid 4 and Dark Falz in Phantasy Star Online

Worst: I am not going to say Fable 2 because it technically wasn't even a boss or a fight. Instead I am going to say the final battle with Liquid in Metal Gear Solid. Why yes the fight with Metal Gear and the fist fight with Liquid were epic and fairly challenging, but they couldn't just kill him there, they had to throw in a car chase fight that is quite possibly impossible to lose. In a fist fight Liquid is a pro, but behind the wheel of a car, he's roadkill.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Best: Probably Darth Malak at the end of KOTOR; he is satisfyingly brick and brings the story to a satisfying conclusion.

Worst: Toss up between;
Kyras at the end of Dow2 Retribution, mainly because its a BATTLE OF ATTRITION!!! Seriously though, he takes an age of just chipping away at his health and dodging his special attacks and all the while he just sits there largely oblivious to your attacks. Very boring, although at least the campaigns all have relatively satisfying endings after it (not all *looks at Tyranids*)
EDIT: and the biggest threat to you during this fight are actually the minions he summons.

and

Legate Lanius at the end of Fallout: New Vegas if you don't side with the Legion. Mainly because its a total anti-climax; he pulls out a massive sword, I pull out a .50 calibre sniper rifle and blow his head off in two or three shots. A bit like that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark...

I've probably played worst, but they were the ones that came to mind.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
ChupathingyX said:
Iwata said:
Worst: Hmm... probably the Valkyrie Gunship from "Warhammer 40K: Fire Warrior". Because I'm a Fire Warrior shooting down a Valkyrie Gunship.
Well that isn't technically the final "final boss", but...

...a Fire Warrior destroying a Valkyrie is strange, however, I think a Fire Warrior killing a freakin' Greater Daemon of Tzeentch is even more far fetched.
I didn't make it that far. I couldn't bring myself to do it.