The Best book you OWN

Zaldin

Sep 28, 2009
Probably Fear and Loathing in Las vegas by Hunter Thompson, or World War Z by Max Brooks.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
The Ragged Trouser Philanthropists by Robert Tressell; Marxism... to the max.

OR

The Clockwork Orange by some guy, and the film was really good too.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Leopard said:
The Silmarillion. The thing is my freaking bible.
I've managed Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit, but the Silmarillion I just failed at. Although this was when I was 11 (I really got into Tolkein when I was 9/10 when I read Lord of the Rings), so I could give it another shot.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Either The Sword of Truth, The Edge Chronicles or Expedition: Being and Account in words and artwork of the 2358 A.D. Voyage to Darwin IV

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
A book? What is this book of which you speak?
for those of you who don't get the joke, I don't like books

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
Ledan said:
Argtee said:
MagicMouse said:
Argtee said:
MagicMouse said:
Entire Wheel of Time series...
Pretty much this.

I don't have the ENTIRE Wheel of Time series, (1-7 and 9. I couldn't find 8 anywhere) but the ones that I've already read (1-5. I'm almost finished 5) are really good.
Yeah they are great books, very complex with alot of deep characters. I can't wait for the next book to come out from the new author, he did a great job on #12.
It's terrible that Robert Jordan died. I'm sure that book 12 would be different if he would've wrote.

I'm not saying that book 12 is bad. I haven't really heard much about it, but I'm sure it's still good. I'm just saying that it probably would've been...different if Robert Jordan wrote it...
[sub]Not sure how to explain, but I hope you understand what I mean[/sub]
How awesome would an ultimate wheel of time book be? About 10000-12000 pages compressed into 1 book. It would have to be 3x4 just to be the same thickness of his normal books. A thousand pages, each the size of 12 pages. If the font of the normal paperbacks was kept, and if it wasn't printed on super-thin paper (like the Ultimate Bourne collection).
:D
Jeez. The book would be HUGE.

I'd buy it. I'd keep all the other books, but I'd buy it just so I can say that I have it!
Well, it depends how expensive it was...
[sub]Also: I've been quoted a lot in this thread...[/sub]

rockera

Jul 29, 2009
GamesB2 said:
Metro 2033... it's incredible.
tmdude said:
The Last Olympian(Book 5 of the Percy Jackson Series)

it's just fucking awesome
god dammit double ninja'd
I have all the percy jackson one's though :)
and i agree with metro 2033 is incredible it's a brillient book.

Mr.Teatime

Sep 8, 2010
It was Good Omens by Terry Pratchet and Neil Gaiman. Quite possibly funnier than Hitchhikers, without all it's randomness.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Count of Monte Cristo, Unabridged, Penguin Classic's edition, translated by Robin Buss.

Most complete and easy to read translation I have found.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Slash Dementia said:
'The Divine Comedy', by Dante Alighieri, or an old (not that old) and beaten copy of 'Illusion', by Paula Volsky, which pretty much the first book that I bought.
You sir are WIN!!!

RobotSwordsman

Nov 19, 2009
Anything by Mitch Albom's later books, after he quit sports books.
Hatchet is pretty good.
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN TRADEBACK VOLUME 1, by Matt Fraction.