The Best book you OWN

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
'The Divine Comedy', by Dante Alighieri, or an old (not that old) and beaten copy of 'Illusion', by Paula Volsky, which pretty much the first book that I bought.

Snowpact

He is the Walrus
Oct 15, 2008
Leopard said:
The Silmarillion. The thing is my freaking bible.
This. Plus the rest of Tolkien's works.

But for me, the best recent book I own is The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It's a jewel and an absolute must for fantasy-lovers, in my most humble opinion.

Oh, and the last Harry Potter book is also very good.

And no, I don't own that much books ;)

Izael

Sep 13, 2010
The entire Wheel of Time series, as has been stated several times. But if I have to just pick one...

Evil sausage

Sep 8, 2010
Well, its either one of the many discworld books(too hard to choose one of them) by Terry Pratchett or Animal Farm by George Orwell.

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
I have a whole wack of Warhammer 40k Imperial Guard Novels. As it stands right now, I'm getting endless enjoyment from the first volume of the Omnibus. I also have the lord of the Rings Trilogy (+thehobbit)and All Quiet On The Western Front. I don't know which of those is the best I have.

the rye

Jun 26, 2010
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D.Salinger or All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
Argtee said:
MagicMouse said:
Argtee said:
MagicMouse said:
Entire Wheel of Time series...
Pretty much this.

I don't have the ENTIRE Wheel of Time series, (1-7 and 9. I couldn't find 8 anywhere) but the ones that I've already read (1-5. I'm almost finished 5) are really good.
Yeah they are great books, very complex with alot of deep characters. I can't wait for the next book to come out from the new author, he did a great job on #12.
It's terrible that Robert Jordan died. I'm sure that book 12 would be different if he would've wrote.

I'm not saying that book 12 is bad. I haven't really heard much about it, but I'm sure it's still good. I'm just saying that it probably would've been...different if Robert Jordan wrote it...
[sub]Not sure how to explain, but I hope you understand what I mean[/sub]
I've just finished book 7.

I don't own them, which is a shame. But my friend does, so I just steal them from her two at a time :D

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
The Count of Monte Cristo series
Mogworld
Angels and Demons
Lord of the Rings trilogy
and a few more. Can't decide, you do it.

LocoRocoPandaCookie

Sep 27, 2010
The Sight by David Clement-Davies. Borrowed it from a libary when I was like 8 and then 3 days later my mum had to get me my own copy just so I'd actually return the book. His other book, The Fire Bringer, is also nearly equally awesome :D