The best PS4 exclusives

Apr 5, 2008
So I've entirely avoided this current console generation. I have my 360 with loads of games and my PC which is my main platform. However my brother's left his PS4 with me for a while so I thought now could be the opportunity to get the PS4 exclusives I've seen in passing but ignored since I couldn't play them.

However, except for Bloodborne which is the top of the list, I don't know what others are worth getting and so I'm asking for recommendations. I'm not interested in anything I can get on PC, so if it isn't strictly a PS4 exclusive title I don't need to get it on the console. I won't be subscribing to PSN either, or even going online with it. I'd like to drop about ?100-150ish GBP for about 4-6ish good exclusives. Any suggestions gratefully received. :)

PS. Would prefer no lootbox, EA, Ubi, Activision, AAA nonsense.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Bloodborne, Horizon, inFamous, LittlebigPlanet 3, Uncharted.

Thats not even like, a list of good ones necessarily, so much as all of them you can get if you don't go online.

Also Knack and Killzone, and probably whichever racing game is Sonys (hell if I know which one) though those are pretty forgettable launch-titles.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Well, last year alone gave us Horizon: Zero Dawn, Yakuza 0, and Persona 5. Those are some good games to check out.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
- Shadow of the Colossus remaster is coming next month.
- Let It Die. It's a silly F2P post-apocaliptic rouge-like action RPG (I enjoy it a lot)
- Gravity Rush 2

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
KingsGambit said:
For the games mentioned with numbers on the end, do I need to have played earlier installments, or no need to worry about that?
Persona 5 is new story with new characters. It's similar to the Final Fantasy franchise in that way.

Gravity Rush 2 is a direct continuation though. But you can get the first game remastered for the PS4, which is actually way better and cheaper. Still a peculiar game though.

And Yakuza 0 is a prequel, and apparently the best entry point for people who want to get into the series.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Persona 5, Gravity Rush Remastered, Gravity Rush 2.

I guess inFamous: Second Son, but as a fan of the first two games (2 in particular) I was really disappointed in that one.

Pretty much everything else I can think of I either haven't played or is on PC as well.

Jan 19, 2011
While I am just parroting what some other users have said: Nioh, Nier: Automata (though you should play the original Nier first though), The Nathan Drake Collection, Yakuza 0 (really have to support this one; it's an utterly stunning game), Bloodborne, Persona 5, The Last Guardian (relased after 10 YEARS in development! and it's actually good!) and the PT demo if you haven't already played it.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
PS4 doesn't really have any great exclusives, so far it's been a disappointing console generation if you own a gaming PC.

Jeteye

Escapist +
Feb 7, 2011
Country
United States of America
Persona 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn are both excellent games. If you do pick up either just set a side a lot of hour because both take a long time to complete. Persona 5 took me 116 hours for the first play through.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I wish I could say Killzone Shadow Fall, but it's rather weak compared to the previous games.
Though its multiplayer is pretty strong, and can be played offline against rather good bots.

Instead I just recommend Gravity Rush 1 and 2 however.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Uncharted 4 is one of my favourite games of all time, so there is that.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
the PT demo if you haven't already played it.
Yeah, good luck still getting that one, unless you have a time machine.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
The 2 exclusives that really stick out for me are The Last Guardian and Horizon, some of the best games of the generation period.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
The Last of Us Remastered could be a good choice, since it sounds like you missed out on PS3 exclusives as well.

It might help if you let us know what types of games you enjoy so we can point out the PS4 exclusives that'd fit your tastes.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
COMaestro said:
The Last of Us Remastered could be a good choice, since it sounds like you missed out on PS3 exclusives as well.

It might help if you let us know what types of games you enjoy so we can point out the PS4 exclusives that'd fit your tastes.
What he said. And you could also grab god of war 3 if you really did miss out on ps3 titles and every single uncharted title if you like that sort of thing. I definitely enjoyed catching up on them, just the first one was pretty bad at this point.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Disgaea 5: Alliance Of Vengeance
-Yes, it's on the Switch, but...eh. The Disgaea series is a 'grind for the love of grind' type of tactical game.

Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair
-If you like B-movies with giant bugs and semi-mindless fun, EDF series is for you. Kill big monsters with weapons.

Final Fantasy 10/10-2 HD Remaster/Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age HD (Steelbook Edition)
-Both remasters are pretty damn solid and both are worth at least one play though, yes...even FF10-2.

Horizon: Zero Dawn
-It's not revolutionary open world action game, but it is a pretty one does everything you want done right.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir: Storybook Edition
-Besides being a pretty game, the remake not only LOOKS better it PLAYS better, no slideshow levels of frame rate dropping like the PS2 had from time to time.

Onechanbara Z2: Chaos
-Anime female tropes kill lots of zombies n' shit. Very much a grind house, B-movie vibe going on.

Persona 5
-Fantastic JRPG is a modern setting with good game play. Story is a bit depressing, but that's Persona for you.

The Last Guardian
-I think, as time goes on, this game will be remembered far more fondly, given just how AMBITIOUS it was.

TrackMania: Turbo
-Great little racing game, not sure if it's on PC, that you can actual MAKE tracks for.

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
-Great, overlooked, game from the PS3 gets added visual upgrade. Worth a play if you're into tactical games.

Wipeout OMEGA Collection
-One of the best Wipeout games ever, even if it's mostly a collection of handheld tracks. Still fast and fun.

Yakuza 1: Kiwami
-Remake of the original game. Fantastic series.

Ys 8:
-One of the best JRPG/action series of all time and this one has set the bar for any games to come. Don't need to play played previous titles to 'get' the story.

Apr 5, 2008
I looked into some of these suggestions that I remember hearing about, thanks for all this. I pulled the trigger a short time ago, spent a little more than I intended to, but ordered Bloodborne GotY, Uncharted trilogy, Uncharted 4, Last of Us Remaster, Last Guardian, Horizon Complete, Infamous Second Son and Heavy Rain/Beyond Pack. It's about 11 games for ?190GBP give or take so I think I did well. I would have bought Yakuza 0, it looks great, but is still pricey (assuming it's a bit newer?) so may get that down the line. Assuming I play something other than BB, I think there's a lot here to stay occupied. Will just have to tell the brother there's a "delay" in returning his console should he ask :)

Thanks again for the great suggestions. Would've preferred these games to just be on PC, but then this list is really the PS4s main selling point so I understand why Sony do exclusives this way.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Yoshi178 said:
Seth Carter said:
Also Knack
LOL. Good one.
Well, he didn't want to get a PSN account or go online. There's really not a ton of PS4 exclusives available hard copy. The only one I notice in the thread that isn't off the PSN store was Last Guardian, and maybe Persona (I don't recall ever seeing a disk version, but could be)