The best song EVER.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
What do you think it is? I'm talking across all genres, all styles, all artists; what do you think the greatest song ever made is? I will say that you should try to be as objective as you can be and consider the song from all angles (not just the music itself, but the story behind it, the effort involved, etc.), but I recognize that a lot of your decision will still be based on personal preference.

And for you indecisive types, don't go posting more than one song. YOU MUST CHOOSE ONE and ONLY ONE that you consider to be the best song ever made. I got my eye on you. ಠ_ಠ

Anyway, I personally think it's "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie.

I mean, it's got everything. A powerful message, a memorable and catchy tune, a collaboration between two musical entities, and of course Freddie Mercury's legendary vocals. I could listen to it all day and never get sick of it.

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
Best song ever? No question it's obviously

Sorry someone was going to

I'm also very fond of queen too but I think Bohemian Rhapsody is the best and certainly timeless

Esotera

May 5, 2011
At the minute in my current mood, my absolute favourite song is probably the following:

And since you didn't say that we couldn't post our second best songs ever, here is my runner up (I've been listening to both all week and can't get them out of my head):

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Esotera said:
At the minute in my current mood, my absolute favourite song is probably the following:

And since you didn't say that we couldn't post our second best songs ever, here is my runner up (I've been listening to both all week and can't get them out of my head):

Damn you and your loopholes! D:<

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Daft Punk's One More Time or Blur's Song 2 are the only songs I know that are still guaranteed to get the club jumping even after all this time, so I'm saying it's a toss up between them.

saoirse13

Mar 21, 2012
Thats a really hard decision. Most people would have at least 3 favourite songs. I think i hurt my brain trying to decide but because i have loveld this song since i was a kid and because of the story behind the lyrics and the changes in mood and tempo in the song. This has to be number one. And shockingly not many people will even know this song. But even if your not into that kind of music it is deinately worth a listen. Bob Seger has to be the the best artist.

EDIT: They may not be meaningful lyrics, but they are bloody great and lets face it most of us that are over 18 have been there at one time or another

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Amethyst Wind said:
Daft Punk's One More Time or Blur's Song 2 are the only songs I know that are still guaranteed to get the club jumping even after all this time, so I'm saying it's a toss up between them.
I agree but am adding three more to your list that, in every single club, bar, party, or even pub I've been to, have always managed to get literally everybody singing along and dancing.

Gorillaz - Dare, and also Feel Good, Inc.
Killers - Mr Brightside

The latter of which was effectively the anthem to my university career, alongside the slightly less well known 'We Are Your Friends', by Simian vs Justice...

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012

I don't know why but I believe this is the best song ever.
It's two songs in one mixing John Lennon's haunting detail analysis of what the British media publish with Paul McCartney's little bouncy narrative about a morning routine.

Whilst all this shit is going on do we just bounce around like nothing is going on? when we turn the next page of a newspaper we get the kicker - a story about bloody holes which need to be counted to make up for it?

This song at the time was different and quite ahead and it still stands up today. When I listen to it - it doesn't sound aged.

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
That is a hard question. I'm tempted to put something really dumb
But I guess I'll go with something more serious.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Trivun said:
Gorillaz - Dare, and also Feel Good, Inc.
I don't have a favorite song but I'll just go with this. If only because Dare can get be dancing so quick.

edit: Fine i'll pick a song..

Probably this song. But then again I freaking LOVE all the work from Counting Crows. Their singer Adam Durtiz just speaks to me like no other. This song is probably my most played so favorite band, favorite song.

Estranged180

Mar 30, 2011
I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Also, a quick search of the topics would have shown why I said it the first time.

WiredUP

Sep 7, 2011
Since Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody has been put on i'll have to nominate this completely seriously awesome track
Seriously, this song is so awesome i get a micro orgasm when i'm listening to it ;)

Dawns Gate

May 2, 2011

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Jack the Potato said:
What do you think it is? I'm talking across all genres, all styles, all artists; what do you think the greatest song ever made is? I will say that you should try to be as objective as you can be and consider the song from all angles (not just the music itself, but the story behind it, the effort involved, etc.), but I recognize that a lot of your decision will still be based on personal preference.

And for you indecisive types, don't go posting more than one song. YOU MUST CHOOSE ONE and ONLY ONE that you consider to be the best song ever made. I got my eye on you. &#3232;_&#3232;

Anyway, I personally think it's "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie.

I mean, it's got everything. A powerful message, a memorable and catchy tune, a collaboration between two musical entities, and of course Freddie Mercury's legendary vocals. I could listen to it all day and never get sick of it.

Seriously, I had no idea that Queen sang this song. I did not know the name of this song either, so I didn't even bother to pursue it.

You have made my day sir (for the couple of hours that is left, that is).

OT: Man, that's a tough one, especially if it goes beyond genres and must be relateable to all.

It's hip, uplifting, the lyrincs are easy to follow and sing along, and it gets everyone in a good mood.

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
And the champion has arrived...

I mean let's be real, the only reason you wouldn't like this is because you weren't listening to it loud enough,

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I'm not going to net a lot of support for this, but...

<youtube=ZVvjXJentik>

I'd post a second one with actual lyrics, but you said one song, so one song you shall get.