The best thing you have ever purchased on Steam

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
Mount and Blade, Rome: Total War or Penumbra are all excellent titles that I've bought. I honestly can't decide between these!

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Evil Genius. I shyed away from that game because of the tepid critical response and lack of anyone really talking it up. So it faded from memory and I went on to play other things and forgot that it even existed.

Then a Steam mid-week sale had it available pretty cheap so I threw down my few dollars and gave it a spin. And it was brilliant. Good fun, good strategy, and overall just a completely enjoyable experience. And money spent to time spent I got the most value out of that game as anything I've spent on Steam, though the $2 for Alpha Protocol may eventually win that title. But for now, it's Evil Genius.

Runner up would be Defense Grid. I love Tower Defense games and that one is pretty awesome. I think I sank over 90 hours into that by the end.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
Killing Floor, been playing that now and then for more than 2 years. It's one of my favorite co-op games, with more re-playability than virtually any AAA game.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
Torchlight it was $20, but damn did I get more than my monies worth. Now that I think about it I think I'll go play as the Vanquisher using some mods now, never did get to use her before

Zach of Fables

Oct 5, 2011
revolutionaification said:
Probably Audiosurf believe it or not. It's an extremely entertaining little game, nothing at all like my usual tastes. For less than a quid, it's probably the best value game I've ever bought anywhere, never mind just on Steam. I'd seriously recommend it as a fun little distraction.
I agree. Also, do you guys know when the next big Steam sale is?

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Probably Saints Row 2 with regard to the sheer hours of fun. Bookworm Adventures was also a good buy.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
It would have to be Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I got it for something like £6. One of my favourite games of all time.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Psychonauts, Killing Floor, and Portal(though that was free so doesn't really count)

Davih

May 7, 2011
Terraria has my most hours played so I guess I should go with that since I got the longest enjoyment out of it.

hannan4mitch

Jan 19, 2010
Well, I don't really have favorites, but it's a tie between Portal, Fallout 3, TF2 and Dungeons of Dredmor.
Dredmor being the "best of the best" as it is the only game I can play on this computer w/ out accruing a massive amount of lag or being completely unplayable. Seriously, though, Dredmor is a really fun game, and you get much more for the 5-6 bucks it costs.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Well I could say Deus Ex:Human Revolution. I could say King Arthur. Instead I'm going to say -

Disciples II and Rise of the Elves. Purchased as a pack, so it counts as one. While they may not be the most well balanced games, there's something about the darkly gothic atmosphere and story that Disciples III just missed by a country mile.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Valve complete pack for 100 (maybe 50?) dollars when it was on sale.
I cant even run most source games and it's still worth it imo.

tso0001

Mar 18, 2010
Counter Strike: Source, which I have over 800 hours of game time

and

The Orange Box, 5 games of pure fun.