The best value game you have bought?

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
GundamSentinel said:
I bought FFXII for ?10 and played it for over 1200 hours. I punch those numbers into my calculator and it makes a happy face.
Agreed. I'm only at 200 hours on FFXII for about the same price, and it's still great value for a great game.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Likely the 1st Deadliest Warrior game. I bought it on sale for 4.99 (Or was it 5.99?) and it still holds appeal for those nights I've some drunken friends over. I'm unsure as to how many hours have been sunk into it, but doubtless it's a little past 70 or so hours. Yes, it's a terrible game, but what can I say? Unintentional hilarity abounds.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
80$ for Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten, worth every penny and then some! So much content, so much grinding fun!

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Minecraft.
Got it in alpha when it was around 10 euro. 1 day before the Halloween update. Playing it since then. I would say 1.5-2 hours per day, on average. Sometimes I play it the whole night and before I realize it, I hear birds outside and see the morning sun. Yeah, then I hate my self during my classes where I can't keep my eyes open.

Second place would be Monster Hunter Tri. Bought it from a friend for less than 5$, played it over 300 hours. I would still be playing it if my classic controller didn't stop working for no obvious reason. Maybe I should order a new one, hmm?

hatseflats

Aug 22, 2011
I don't value my purchases just by game time, it's also about quality of that time. Some games are just very addictive, but once you're done with them you realize that actually they weren't much fun after all. Also, some games offer an experience that sticks with you, even when not playing.

Bearing this in mind, these are my best purchases:
-Morrowind GOTY, ?7, sank lots of hours in that, much fun and a great experience
-Deus Ex, ?3,50 (used copy), again: sank lots of hours into it (played it 5 to 10 times through), lots of fun and a great experience
-Mount & Blade Warband, ?5 during Steam sale, have sunk 246 hours into it already and will probably return to it one day. Also great fun, though not a very interesting experience.
-Red Faction Guerilla, ?3,33 (as part of a 3 for ?10 deal), great fun and played it for many, many hours (not entirely sure how many, but probably about 100 hours or more).

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
The longer I own a game that I tend to play at LAN parties, the more the value of it increases, I guess. So by your standards, my most valuable game is probably Total Annihilation. Played it with friends from 1999 to 2007 pretty regularly, and we still go back to it for nostalgia trips when Supreme Commander matches are too long for us.
Oh, and I spent $10 on my first copy of it. $5 on the subsequent edition with expansions attached.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Out of more recent purchases it would be Fallout New vegas. 80$ for the collectors edition and almost 200 hours of playtime, and Skyrim, 120 or so hours for a 60$ game. I have more but some of them I haven't played it a long time so I don't remember the numbers.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Pipotchi said:
Amaror said:
terraria. 10 Euros 60 hours, Mount and Blade 5 Euros (Sale) 60 hours.
Pretty good were skyrim 50 Euros 70 hours, Crusader Kings 2 25 Euros 45 hours and Endless Space 25 Euros 25 hours, but that one is going to get ALOT more hours.
Is that endless space thing any good, I've seen the beta thing on Steam but wasnt quite sure what its deal is? Is it like Galactic Civilization?
Well Endless Space is my first x4 game, but i like it a LOT.
It is really great fun. Since it's in the alpha right now there still are some issues, for example the pathfinding has some real anoying bugs in the current build.
Still it is really a lot of fun and has great appeal. When i want to play it i have to make sure that i have a couple of hours time, because when i start the game, it gets really hard to quit. You always want to make just one more move, defeat this one fleet, research that one technology and colonize that one star system.
Just try it ozt, it is great fun.

Courier_87

Sep 5, 2011
Fallout 3. Got the standard edition for £5, played about 140hrs on that, then got the GOTY for £15, sold the standard for £10 and since had 3 more play throughs with all DLC, probably about 350hrs total. Also Skyrim for £15 was a pretty sweet deal but only put about 40hrs into that so far, curse this university lark

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
So many possible choices...

Just Cause 2 for £5
The Darkness for £5
The Orange Box for £20
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for £28

amongst others

And woo! 1000 posts. I shall celebrate in the only way I know how

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
$20 for Borderlands two months ago. I've just started Playthrough 2 on my first character and I'm 127 hours in.

The original Contra still gets beaten a few times a year 20 years after I got it. So it has the longest attention span award from me.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Persona 4 -$20 for over 160 hours of gameplay combined. Going back for my third play-through soon.

TF2 -It's free, so, yeah. I plan on playing it A LOT during the summer.

Disgaea series -Gotta grind up to level 9,999!!! (Current level in D3: 268)

3asytarg3t

Jun 8, 2010
Quake 2, no contest really, but then that's really not a fair comparison for modern games to compete against. At the time it came out, it was the only online game option worth playing, which meant the entire online gaming world played it, and it alone.

In more modern gaming times I'd have to say TF2. And more recently still, Shogun 2, but that's more of a personal addiction I just can't shake.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Daikatana. $5. I have never laughed so hard.
Blood Bowl. $7. I bloody love Blood Bowl.
Myst Trilogy boxed Set. $20. First three installments of my favourite game series.
Syberia. $10. Maybe the best point-and-click game ever.

Not to mention Dwarf Fortress and Extreme Warfare Revenge, both freeware, and having far far FAR too many hours in.

T.D.

Feb 9, 2011
Suikoden 2, free. Worth about £120 and I have had over 120 hours playing it.

Steephill

May 17, 2012
My most played game is Day of Defeat: Source. Payed $2.50USD and it's my most played game with 150 hours.