The Bicycle of the Future!

SevenStarSonata

Jul 26, 2009
Mullahgrrl said:
It wasn't a description, it was advice.

Bring change of clothes and you can dress any old how on the bike.
See how much clearer you can be when you say more than two words about a subject?

It's generally unprofessional to show up for an interview, "Oh, excuse me, I just have to run to the bathroom to get out of my sweaty shorts and t-shirt, give me a few minutes and I'll be in business-shape!". Better to actually come dressed for the part and either a) not soaking wet from the rain, or b) soaking wet from sweat. You stay fresh, your clothes stay pristine, you don't have to first meet your employer in your biking clothes, and the bus that commuters are going to use anyway gets a little extra juice courtesy of the bike you can just as easily and environmentally use on the way back from the interview.

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
It will get rid of cars by 2030? Really? Do they plan on outlawing old people? Pregnant women? Midgets? Babies? Winter?

Where do you put the groceries?

How do vertically aligned solar panels get direct sunlight in a city? If the sun is directly overhead, the light will be parallel to the plane of the panel. If the sun is low, it will be blocked by buildings.

Like electric cars, this is one of those things that everyone is eager to see everyone besides them use. "I can't wait for all these jerks to ride bikes so I can have the expressway to myself."

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
i'm a mech tech and as a hobby other than gaming is a bike tech , i love to ride my bicycle , but if it's powered it's not biking get out and ride , yeah it's cool but it ain't a true bike it's a moped ... hey time to ride ... toodlez

Knonsense

Oct 22, 2008
It sounds cool, but it would probably entangle the government in a horrible, horrible way.

SevenStarSonata

Jul 26, 2009
Shamus Young said:
It will get rid of cars by 2030? Really? Do they plan on outlawing old people? Pregnant women? Midgets? Babies? Winter?
Hehehehe....you make me want to say horrible, horrible things about outlawing midgets that will fail to add to the conversation and probably get me smacked around a bit.

But still..haha....midgets.

Though as for outlawing old people...that's a little Logan's Run-esque, isn't it? I don't think they had solar-powered bicycles in Logan's Run...

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Mullahgrrl said:
But why would you want to go on a bus if you have a bike?
DON'T QUESTION NILCYPHER! He have powers beyond imagination....

OT: I can has cool bike?

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
Shamus Young said:
"I can't wait for all these jerks to ride bikes so I can have the expressway to myself."
Only if it can run on the solar energy provided would that be possible, because the same speed and distance can't match the rate a car does. Until they make bikes go as fast as cars it won't be the case. It takes me about 20 or 30 minutes on a bike to go the same distance a car can go in about 5 or 10 minutes. That is just with going about 4 miles(this is rounded about estimate so may be wrong here). Going by bike instead of car doesn't makes sense when you need to be there by a certain time, and one is faster.

Ironic

Sep 30, 2008
scnj said:
I'm 19 and I used to be able to ride a bike and skateboard, but my balance has just disappeared.
If it's drastically gone, then you may have an inner ear infection.

TO THE DOCTORMOBILE!

Also, the bikes look awesome, and hopefully, they may start working towards imaginative designs such as this.

But we know that they won't, due to the whole "Oil makes lots of money" thing.

*sigh*

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Theres a lot of things that seem to be wrong with this concept.

- The buses only have 4 seats for old people/disable/people without the bikes. Despite the fact that those 3 groups are the largest users of buses.

-It says that when you cant be bothered to cycle and start using your electricity, you can conveniantly pay in money for taking electricity from the "system".

- Money. Theres only going to be a certain amount of these buses, that Im guessing cost a shit load anyway, because bus companies are not going to want to lose their biggest income: bus fares.

But I do like what they are trying to do, and Im sure these things will be sorted before the project goes live.
Hopefully it catches on around the UK, I'd take part, if only to ride those sci-fi see through buses :O