The Big Picture: Boy Blunder

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Boy Blunder

MovieBob gives us an in depth look at the possibility of Justin Bieber being the boy wonder.

Watch Video

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
Shiny distraction!

Eh, it turned out to be fake. Honestly, I didn't buy it for a minute and even if was possibly real, the fandom you mentioned Bob, would give Warner Bros. hell to pay. I think you mentioned it best when you said how social media has been a turning point for producers.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
This was the first time I've heard of Beiber and the script photo. Nice disection of it and the reasons behind it Moviebob.

And to think I almost skipped that ending.

C.S.Strowbridge

Jul 22, 2010
I hope this turns out to be true. I think the next Superman movie will suck, so I want it to really, really suck so I have zero hope. Being another disappointment will be much worse than that.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Why do people care is what I wanna know. Don't get me wrong, if people try to mess with stuff I love I get VERY annoyed but the whole keeping up to date thing, checking media sites every 5 minutes, facebook, twitter, etc... bloody hell, I just about remember to check my emails every day.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
MovieBob said:
Boy Blunder

MovieBob gives us an in depth look at the possibility of Justin Bieber being the boy wonder.

Watch Video
The most interesting thing in this video is actually the stuff about Bieber and how his career is carefully controlled to make him a sort of media perfect storm.

In any case, I have a question for you Movie Bob. Your book sounds interesting but I don't know if I will like your writing style in a book format and money is too tight to make an impulse buy right now. Is there like a preview chapter online somewhere that I can read to see if I think it is something I am interested in?

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
I'm surprised Bieber is still in the public sphere without involving a need for rehab.

Anyway, this was the first I heard of it, though I don't care either way. Once again, I care not about anything to do with Superman movies because the guy is simply too powerful for the context of Earth and humanity.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
I hadn't even heard about it, I'm not much of a social networker, I pretty much get all my news from here, so yeah great episode

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
PunkRex said:
Why do people care is what I wanna know. Don't get me wrong, if people try to mess with stuff I love I get VERY annoyed but the whole keeping up to date thing, checking media sites every 5 minutes, facebook, twitter, etc... bloody hell, I just about remember to check my emails every day.
For as long as "stars" have existed, there has been opining for information about their lives. This went into overdrive when the internet allowed anybody to post information about them, with the juicy stuff rising to the top. Then social media came along and essentially squared the infinity.

My theory is that it provides a distraction from people's bleak lives as a method of escapism, wondering what it would be like to be a silver screen starlet rather than a secretary who's existence is one step above the computer.

And I wouldn't mind Justin Beiber playing Robin, so long as it was in a scene-by-scene cinematic version of "A Death in the Family." Wow... I went to a dark place there...

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I'm certain that Justin Bieber was fucking with us just to get more attention. If he really wanted attention, he should have done an anti-education rant on Twitter like Jaden Smith.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/09/jaden-smith-finds-wisdom-in-everybody-dropping-out-of-school/

But if this was 100% true and Bieber was going to be Robin, then it would be the final nail in the coffin of DC Comics and Warner Brothers and prove that neither company has a fucking clue on how to do their jobs anymore. At least that is how I see it.

Personally, I wish the media would be conditioned out of this "latch onto any bit of rumor or gossip as if it was actually newsworthy because we only know how to appeal to the lowest common denominator" like yesterday. Maybe something that involves a car battery, a wet sponge, and jumper cables, I dunno.

I'm not gonna worry about this too much. I just gotta stay positive and remind myself that there is only two weeks left until Schlocktober 2013 comes our way.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
The reflexive hate for Justin Bieber is like the reflexive love for Batman or Chuck Norris, in that I'm tempted to feel the exact opposite just because I'm sick of everyone singing praise to Batman and coming up with less and less creative small weeny jokes for Justin Bieber (even though I don't like his music, nor do I like how freaking popular he is with girls, ESPECIALLY at his age). In this regard, I'm actually with MovieBob here, though I'm not sure if this is at all true (it very likely isn't) or if Bieber is actually THAT good of an actor.

Oh, and my mom mentioned the new Harry Potter movie... SURPRISINGLY little discussion about that, even though I find it incredibly fascinating.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
The Gentleman said:
PunkRex said:
For as long as "stars" have existed, there has been opining for information about their lives. This went into overdrive when the internet allowed anybody to post information about them, with the juicy stuff rising to the top. Then social media came along and essentially squared the infinity.

My theory is that it provides a distraction from people's bleak lives as a method of escapism, wondering what it would be like to be a silver screen starlet rather than a secretary who's existence is one step above the computer.

And I wouldn't mind Justin Beiber playing Robin, so long as it was in a scene-by-scene cinematic version of "A Death in the Family." Wow... I went to a dark place there...
I wouldn't mind seeing a movie where Justin Bieber was beaten to near death by a crowbar-wielding psychopath and then blown to smithereens. Maybe not in Batman/Superman but perhaps in a snuff film.

God, that was dark even for me. ^^;

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Huh, never heard about this til today, which is funny because I am (somehow) friends with some Beliebers. But yeah, I'm certain it's a hoax of some kind, so I'm not too bothered by it. Just kind of saddened that so many are still willing to believe Beiber does so much for his "fans" when he's willing to troll them so hard just to get some headlines. And they let him troll them, and it doesn't even phase them.

In other news, God damn it Bob fine. I'll buy your book sometime this or next week, a digital copy. And I'll read it on my iPhone on break at work. Only because your self-parody ad for it at the end is so awesome.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
In my opinion, movie producers would be idiots to allow Bieber to play this role. Given the massive amount of negative press on him lately, combined with his already prevalent metric tons of hate for common human decency and how to behave like a grown-up, this is an excellent way to ensure a movie will barely make its own money back - simply from people who want to be a part of this historically significant fuck-up of modern cinema.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Well, how much I hate his music has no barring on his acting ability. So if it were true, I'd still be neutral on this.

VincentTheBadGuy

Sep 8, 2013
. . . huh. For some reason I'm kind of disappointed about this highly possibly being a prank. Mostly because I think it would have been good for the kid, since everyone knows that he will not be in the current "teenybop" scene forever (and definitely will not get break in to any other one), so that we could have found out if his as good of a faker on screen as he is on stage.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
I don't really have an opinion on the Bieber thing other than what it says about the state of movies, which I'd argue, is shit.

I realize this wouldn't be the first time non-actors have starting acting, but seriously, Bieber? Who would even entertain this idea? There are kids who go to school for acting not to mention other talent that is, well, talented in the sphere of acting. Bieber is a pop star, he does pop star stuff like be insufferable by doing stupid stuff (the Anne Frank Beliber thing) but those things aren't acting.

It's bad that this was even granted a modicum of seriousness, is what I'm saying. That people thought they might actually go through with it.