The Big Picture: Boy's Own Adventure

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
What would these morons think if they watched/read Ranma 1/2? :D

Personally, I don't care. Sounds like a fun thing if I'd still be 12 years old.

What astounds me however is how bad the animation looks. Looks like 2 dudes did it at home with flash oÔ

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Man my dad watches Fox news.

I watch it to make myself laugh.
Seriously.

GO and watch it, it is funnier than Colbert or Stewart, without even trying to be.

I love hearing them RAGE about NEW THINGS.
"X, X IS DESTROYING 'MERICA!"

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Wait... some people really think this silly little cartoon is pushing some kind of "gay agenda"? SERIOUSLY?! Geeze, and my folks wonder why I don't like reality... humanity better pray I never get superpowers.

As for the show itself, eh, I'll give it a look. I had no idea it was Australian, though...

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
I guess past generations didn't have a problem when Bugs Bunny was dressing up like a woman and kissing Elmer Fudd.

Jamane

Sep 24, 2010
a transvetite superhero and everyone losses their minds, quick show them priscilla queen of the desert and watch the fireworks.

Jan 12, 2012
Can the guy take off the ring? It seems like once he put it on he became stuck dressed like a girl, which seems unpleasant.

Also, I like the little "comics are sexist" bit Bob slipped in. He's gonna have a flame war in this comment section come hell or high water.

jaymiechan

Jun 27, 2012
Bob kinda glossed over the fact that LGBT issues, especially these days, tends to leave the B and T behind, as well as the concerns for LGBT youth, focusing purely on assimilation theory and gay marriage.

jaymiechan

Jun 27, 2012
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Can the guy take off the ring? It seems like once he put it on he became stuck dressed like a girl, which seems unpleasant.

Also, I like the little "comics are sexist" bit Bob slipped in. He's gonna have a flame war in this comment section come hell or high water.
Can transform back, but no, the ring is stuck on.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Sadly I kind of already knew about the character before it reach to the HUB network (the whole premise is such a easy target for the dark side of the internet much to my scaring eyes).
Seriously, of all the bad stuff that has been going on over the State and FOX choice to focus on that instead? Times like these it make me think Bob should be the voice of reason for them to listen to (which I now not all agree mainly those who hate Bob).

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
OH MY GAAAWWWWDDD THINK OF THE CHILDREN
THEIR INNOCENT LITTLE MINDS CAN'T HANDLE THE FACT THAT GAY PEOPLE ..... exist?
Speaking as a mother or the usual bullshit is what I think most of the negative criticism sounds like when things like these pop up

Only the protag isn't gay but I doubt they make that distinction

Amgeo

Apr 14, 2011
I haven't watched the show (yet) but I agree with Bob that representations of gender in the superhero genre are very problematic. One thing that's very cool is how the character of Batwoman has evolved from a bad joke about being a female Batman to one of the coolest characters in DC.

Yet I'm not sure that She-Zow! is quite as helpful to LGBTQA acceptance as Bob made it sound, even with all the qualifiers he put on there. The joke still relies on a strict gender binary, and I can't imagine that it strains itself to teach the kids about the nuances of recognizing your own identity. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Yeah, I think that ponies and Batman are really the only things currently keeping the Hub humming.

Speaking of, I'd like to thank Bob for taking what I feel is the best stance on the pony fandom, that since he doesn't care too much about the show the fans' existence does not affect him and therefore he doesn't talk about it except where it becomes relevant, and then only in passing. No lectures about how some fans take it too far, no discussions of how it affects the larger culture, he is just aware of it as a thing.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Between this and the whole Cheerios ad uproar.. yeah, some people have some major growing up to do. Sadly, they're already supposedly mature adults.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
That actually sounds pretty hilarious to me. Some people really need to get their heads out of their asses.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
NOT THIS TIME DAYSTAR!

DVS BSTrD said:
And yet when Beast Boy or Ben Ten turns into different SPECIES nobody could gives a fuck.
Are they afraid Shezow is going to make their children choose between tea and cake or death?
Well yeah dude. I mean girls are just gross and gay and stuff.

/satire